Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

5 hours ago, Leptine said:

Wait.. Of course.. Stanning CW 'Scream' and hating on cult classic 'Pearl'.. Pick a struggle.

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

No struggle there actually. Scream is/was the best slasher ever until X/Pearl arrived to shake those slasher grounds. :celestial2:
But yeah, Pearl was sabotaged to the max. :sad:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

I feel like I'm living in another world with House of Usher because to me it was another step down on the track of Mr Flanagan's long post Smashing of Hit House decline and I couldn't even finish it. And I even made it through Midnight Club!

Mr Flanagan, if you're reading this, I have an important message. You are good at HORROR. You are good at SCARES. You are good at GORE. You are not good at WRITING. Your writing is SERVICEABLE when used as condensed character and narrative building between HORROR, GORE, ATMOSPHERE and SCARES. A drama where a ghost appears once every hour long episode between endless monologues DOES NOT PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

Thank you for listening,

Skankle (former fan)

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, skankle said:

I feel like I'm living in another world with House of Usher because to me it was another step down on the track of Mr Flanagan's long post Smashing of Hit House decline and I couldn't even finish it. And I even made it through Midnight Club!

Mr Flanagan, if you're reading this, I have an important message. You are good at HORROR. You are good at SCARES. You are good at GORE. You are not good at WRITING. Your writing is SERVICEABLE when used as condensed character and narrative building between HORROR, GORE, ATMOSPHERE and SCARES. A drama where a ghost appears once every hour long episode between endless monologues DOES NOT PLAY TO YOUR STRENGTHS.

Thank you for listening,

Skankle (former fan)

You're not alone. It was definitely a step down. Even freaking Midnight Club feels more rewatchable. None of the characters being likeable definitely hinders it for me. Mr. Flanagan thought he did something there.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lemon said:

No struggle there actually. Scream is/was the best slasher ever until X/Pearl arrived to shake those slasher grounds. :celestial2:
But yeah, Pearl was sabotaged to the max. :sad:

If you mean the first two Scream from the 90s sure, the last two were CW|Hallmark horror for teens, aside from the nostalgia factor, both were extremely forgettable.

'X' and 'Pearl' were a breath of fresh air for a genre that has became stale for majority of releases.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:56 PM, ChapelHooker said:

8m9u6tQ.png

Having recently found God, self-effacing young nurse Maud arrives at a plush home to care for Amanda,

a hedonistic dancer left frail from a chronic illness. When a chance encounter with a former colleague throws up hints of a dark past,

it becomes clear there is more to sweet Maud than meets the eye.

Letterboxd: 3.5 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @Lemon (#2)

Lowest Vote: @elevate (#16)

Deserved #1 instead of 'Hereditary', or #2 if 'Pearl' was #1.

You actually served taste sis with this rate @Lemon

Also props to @truthteller for putting 'Under the Skin' #5 from now 2X Academy Award nominee Jonathan Glazer :clap3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Also props to @truthteller for putting 'Under the Skin' #5 from now 2X Academy Award nominee Jonathan Glazer :clap3:

when the tasteless ATRLers are up against this underrated gem, someone has to stand up for it :clap3:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Deserved #1 instead of 'Hereditary', or #2 if 'Pearl' was #1.

You actually served taste sis with this rate @Lemon

Agreed. Pearl or Maud. I don’t know which one of these girls is more sick and twisted/bigger anti-hero, but at least they scored high. :celestial4:

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

The right movie won! s:wan:

---

I need to re-watch "The Witch" i remember being so boring and not into it. Hmmm. 

---

X > Pearl so i love to see it (both good movies tbh) 

Midsommar's place is just right. 

THANK YOU @ChapelHooker for the rate, you did an amazing job!

Edited by rooby.booby

0a2993838c4a79a263599c4433b2d4e94bf88c4b

Me placing Ex Machina at #2 and watching it place outside the top 10

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Witch said:

The VVitch #15 - #3

Drag Me to Flop OUT - OUT!

@lillavend3r

Drag Me to Acclaim #3 on the Y2K rate against some big kahunas not some A24 FLOPS 

tumblr_mgktp2wOUa1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 6:07 AM, The Witch said:

The VVitch #15 - #3

Drag Me to Flop OUT - OUT!

@lillavend3r

You didn't do what you thought you did with this one. :gaycat4:

----

I watched "I Saw The Devil" for the first time. It was not that amazing as people make it out to be. The cat/mouse with the killer/main character was amazing tho. 

For me it was decent. 

On 1/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, genetic fail said:

2tay tuned t0morrow for 2omething 3xciting :mandown:

khloe-kardashian-liar.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

• Haha 1

This rate about to get uglier than Scream VII current state

Deadline on Valentine ( ATRL’s version ). :eddie:

:duca: i’m gonna have to catch up on a few movies but can’t wait to put a certain fillum at number 1 :fan: 

Letterboxd list missing a couple of gems. :mandown: 

I want to shite list more than 3 movies :emofish: @genetic fail

Just now, lillavend3r said:

I want to shite list more than 3 movies :emofish: @genetic fail

There will only be like 5 films with positive scores if yall **** list more than 3 films :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

There will only be like 5 films with positive scores if yall **** list more than 3 films :deadbanana2:

That would be very representative of 2023, wouldn't it

IMG_8105.thumb.gif.240de5d0e3956b7199d23

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I need to watch so many movies, i don't know if i'll make it in time, but i will try.

Ooh let me watch a few more from 2023 to participate. Can't wait to see Talk to Me and EDR at the top where they belong. :gaycat5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.