Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

14 hours ago, Alaska. said:

Rewatched the movie yesterday and it's still so fun. I know no one stands Ellie, but I laughed harder every time she gave another scream:bibliahh:

Can't wait for the sequel!

Alaska.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

From that entire Letterbox list I’ve only seen Godzilla Minus One, The Nun Part II, Saltburn, and Leave the World Behind lmao

I've barely watched any movies from that list. :gaycat6:

Also Saltburn horror? idk man... good movie of course. :gaycat1:

for your rates’ consideration:

def one of the best last year 

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator

For the rate, do we have to include 20? Like if I only loved 10 movies, can I submit a partial list?

Hmm... I've watched enough to participate, but I hated quite a number lol. 

Let me watch a few more and submit.

27 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

for your rates’ consideration:

def one of the best last year 

i enjoyed that <3 

• Like 1

Just now, feelslikeadream said:

For the rate, do we have to include 20? Like if I only loved 10 movies, can I submit a partial list?

A minimum of 20 that you love but you still have time to catch up on a few movies

feelslikeadream

I see you hoes coming for Scream VI

I'm ready to send my rate

Just watched Haunt on Netflix. It wasn’t too bad for what it was. 

What did people think of Hellraiser (2022)? :lakitu:

I've been binging the series after only watching the original a week or so ago and was hesitant about the remake after reading on it but was pleasantly surprised. I'd be down for them to make more with this cenobite cast.

Gosh, it's been awhile! Pardon my over-confidence @Reverse Warholian I said I wanted to participate but I totally forgot about the last rate. :chick3:

Will try my best to participate @genetic fail. I think I've watched quite a few but I'll watch a few more.

One question: is the **** list is part of the 20?

On 1/29/2024 at 4:30 AM, genetic fail said:

2okHdvK.png

Greetings, Horrorheads! When one rate ends, we open up another! The first month of the year is almost over so it's time to take a look back at the previous year. As a 2023 horror year apologist, I took it upon myself to host our (now) annual horror rate.

RULES

- Send me a list (thru PM) of your 20 favorite horror movies from 2023, ranked from most favorite (#1) to least favorite (#20).

- You may also send me a (****) list of 3 movies you absolutely despised, in no particular order. Ballots with Scream VI on the **** list will be discarded.

- We are not strict on release dates. Movies that made festival rounds in 2022 may still be submitted as long as they had a wide release in 2023.

- Deadline of submission is on February 14, 2024.

RESOURCES

- You may use this handy dandy Letterboxd list to catch up on 2023 horror films you may have missed.

- You may also watch The Ultimate Horror Guide from Spookyastronauts for a comprehensive list of 100 horror films that made noise in 2023.

RATERS

1. @hypnodemiluv

2. @Reverse Warholian

3. @lillavend3r

4. @Coldpurry

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or clarifications.

(tagging everyone who commented recently on this thread and other horror movie threads)

Reveal hidden contents

@mellenthin@elevate@Konril@Leptine@The Witch@HungryByTheBuffet@Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@popmusicisdead@skankle@The Man Who@Lemon@Delirious@SitarHero@Jay L@killer_rose@hypnodemiluv@rooby.booby@Companion@UnderratedVocalist@BeachRat@Bhabylon@mokitsu@Tylerbv@barbiegrande@Hurem@Ghiles@Outlaws@TalkThatTalk@DEGUOM@X~MoviePoP@Alaska.@Desire@truthteller@publikcitizen@Bimbo@My.December@Walk_Away21@Fifteen@Roberto@ICLDXU4HS@Kevin2803@leyaris11@fauxtography@Yvess@Gesamtkunstwerk@Vignesh@WildAmerican@rp662@Sexyzinger@Lord Gaga@Living Legend@Jack!@305@Capris Groove@Miles.@blackoutbritney@TheBoss@Spartan528@DatChickDoe@Magic_boXX@Ampersand13@thinking@GraceRandolph@brokee@Khamis@StarsAllAligned@Artur@SchmoodRing@J Legend X@Matthew4815@Johnny Jacobs@Sanguine@Vulnicura@Drowned8World@Innocencelost@Spicy_TyTy@dussymob@Shelter@Chris@Sam96@Josh@shark_heather@Yog@Oktober Knight@Insanity@CosTaSsSs@okgo@Attitude@fridayteenage@kishi@wantedyoutogrow@dman4life@Bloodflowers.@ccfan007@Sweetestsecret@qurl@paddii_@superchaz@Enrique523@DevonRoars@Slate@ctlp27@Lexiel@DAP@blaggot@Hook Up@vale9001@Gaia@Totami Legend@MC54@bad guy@TaylorNation@Peroxide@Coldpurry@ALA@ChandlerBing@brenda-walsh@Daddy@xluvxduffxmusicx@chosensparkles@Gavin.@Crashed@glacier76@josesuxx@aayAlex@fountain@Gossip_Boy@Alex@kipperskipper@Jagger@Big Bad Wolf@Skyesey@Power love@Natawie@Smarticle@Dark Phoenix@ZORBIT@Marry Illusion Glory@noonbob@hallucinate@Kylie Verzosa@illia@HRHCOLLECTION@RedDownwardTriangle@nostalgic@Mads Trier@mons†er@worldwide angel@Brycee@BoDaToe@Raptus@Sharamee6@Subzero@GentleEarthquake@45seconds@CristianGarcia@Martyr Of Fame@Almodusa@mystery@Buffy@ConceptD@Gorjesspazze9@Mystic Warrior@Broken@MonsterJohn@terrorblade@Danial@alp@Fetish for MiMi@scenekiller@DawnAnti@znake@harwee@madonnafan18@Galaxy@Cheers@JBJT2786@jakeisphat@UnusualBoy@Scabandplaster@BlowYourMind@chris1991@CozySkin@RunBoyRun@almanac@Miss Fortune@Zefierce@Johnnyboi@Ciel@skwonderfactory@Blue@kyliefever2002@Hector@Reflektor@Digitalism@RIKI232@vuelve88@Ramooon@Lovett@stochastic@Heartbreak Prince@Right Now@kandicha@stjosephprey4us@Liafen@GeminiCat@TROPICUM@Euterpe@ang@chiliam@Schhh@glitch@nathanspears@Memoirs387@UhOh@ainadalkaz@jrd30121994@izzyinsane@BionicWooHoo@Pink Whitney@Dula Peep@slik@Squall@Illuminati@Musicmajor@James_Dean@justin.@EriKills@Canon@HausOfGerard@Johnny Cash@ahauntingnearu@Sergi91@zach@stophittingmedad@Khal@misa amane@hector.adriel@Rihlord@Bentley@Sonny@PixelStick@Dragonfly@Tiziano's Boy@TheGreatMrY@PaloSanto@BrokenMachine@fab@EnterTheAttic@undermyskin@popstyle@airplane@wesleywalrus@MasterXPosed@Mordecai@igninton@Dylangaga@Badgalbriel@SpearsxCarey16@Mr. Loco@Pendulum@selena_lavigne@XxHeadstrongxX@Devin@RideOrDie@ALittleGauche@creativity.@bleuwaffle@Boysdontcry@thatsmydemi@KanMap@yourfaveisaflop@ariesgroove@feelslikeadream@Joyride@D_Man3379@Ivan_brit@Distantconstellation@EnigmaticAndroid@Jessie@schnetzka@Cherish@Headlock@GivingCher@KBax@TrueBlood@GuyNextDoor

16 hours ago, Coldpurry said:

I see you hoes coming for Scream VI

I'm ready to send my rate

i just need to remind you look great honey :-* 

okay guys promotion! one good vote for spoonful of sugar = blowjob (from The Vault) (limited sales) :-* 

Just now, My.December said:

Gosh, it's been awhile! Pardon my over-confidence @Reverse Warholian I said I wanted to participate but I totally forgot about the last rate. :chick3:

Will try my best to participate @genetic fail. I think I've watched quite a few but I'll watch a few more.

One question: is the **** list is part of the 20?

Nope! 20 films you love and 3 films you hate!

I’m such a flop this year. Still have yet to watch Saw X, When Evil Lurks (which i believe to be the IT horror girl of last year based on all the reactions and reviews that i’ve seen so far), and a lot more. 

godzilla -1 is horror? Obviously haven’t watched it either but a godzilla movie being classified as horror is certainly intriguing to say the least

Just now, SmashingMiley said:

I’m such a flop this year. Still have yet to watch Saw X, When Evil Lurks (which i believe to be the IT horror girl of last year based on all the reactions and reviews that i’ve seen so far), and a lot more. 

godzilla -1 is horror? Obviously haven’t watched it either but a godzilla movie being classified as horror is certainly intriguing to say the least

You still have time to catch up! :duca:

Speaking of Godzilla Minus One, do you think Concrete Utopia and Society of the Snow classify considering all three share the disaster/dystopian/survival framework? 

I think Scream was the only horror movie I saw last year :deadbanana:

On 1/29/2024 at 3:42 PM, Vorhees said:

Ooh let me watch a few more from 2023 to participate. Can't wait to see Talk to Me and EDR at the top where they belong. :gaycat5:

Don’t be forgetting “When Evil Lurks” aka the critics’ choice :giraffe:

I haven’t been on ATRL in days. Oh my goodness. Let me do the rate this week!

18 hours ago, Matthew said:

Don’t be forgetting “When Evil Lurks” aka the critics’ choice :giraffe:

OOP! Thanks for getting me in check, because you are absolutely correct. :giraffe:

Can't do the rate since I haven't watched 20 horror movies from 2023, but Scream, Cobweb and Evil Dead were in my top 3 for sure. margo2(short).thumb.gif.1c7cbe9a80317a32

On 2/3/2024 at 1:57 PM, genetic fail said:

A minimum of 20 that you love but you still have time to catch up on a few movies

feelslikeadream

The way I only loved like 4 films on my list :rip:

On 2/4/2024 at 11:56 AM, JonginBey said:

I think Scream was the only horror movie I saw last year :deadbanana:

Evil Dead Rise and Talk To Me are must see horror movies from last year! I recommend starting there

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.