Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

aLUHDoL.png

A seductive stranger prowls the streets of Glasgow in search of prey: unsuspecting men who fall under her spell.

Letterboxd: 3.6 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @truthteller (#5)

Lowest Vote: @genetic fail(**** List)

• Like 1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Just now, ChapelHooker said:

WQd5R1v.png

Secure within a desolate home as an unnatural threat terrorizes the world, a man has established a tenuous domestic order with his wife and son,

but this will soon be put to test when a desperate young family arrives seeking refuge.

Letterboxd: 3.2 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @Reverse Warholian (#10)

Lowest Vote: @mellenthin (#24)

Boring but it has its moments

aLUHDoL.png

A seductive stranger prowls the streets of Glasgow in search of prey: unsuspecting men who fall under her spell.

Letterboxd: 3.6 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @truthteller (#5)

Lowest Vote: @genetic fail(**** List)

My shitlist kept it out of the Top 10 :sistrens:

Boring arthouse crap

Can't say I'm surprised to see people with a CW Scream 6 avi shitting on an acclaimed BAFTA nominated movie, this year the director of 'Under the Skin' is going to be an Academy Award nominee whereas the whole production of 'Scream' after embarrassingly firing their B-list lead actress just because she expressed her views on what's going on the world in a PR fiasco nightmare with the director exiting the project, they're still figuring out which overdone character bring back to continue their CW Hallmark rehash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

WzoX93v.png

A haunting ghost story set against the backdrop of a busy winter sales period in a department store,

following the life of a cursed dress as it passes from person to person, with devastating consequences.

Highest Vote: @Lemon (#4)

Lowest Vote: @rooby.booby (#18)

4 hours ago, Leptine said:

Can't say I'm surprised to see people with a CW Scream 6 avi shitting on an acclaimed BAFTA nominated movie, this year the director of 'Under the Skin' is going to be an Academy Award nominee whereas the whole production of 'Scream' after embarrassingly firing their B-list lead actress just because she expressed her views on what's going on the world in a PR fiasco nightmare with the director exiting the project, they're still figuring out which overdone character bring back to continue their CW Hallmark rehash.

Ohh 😯 Honey 🍯 Gurl 👧 Security 👮‍♂️

It didn’t come at night… nor in the morning. Too much smoke and mirrors. 

Under the Skin, just like Men, is looking to explore man/woman dynamic in monotonously unfulfilling manner where nothing essentially happens. 

Strickland is definitely great, but also definitely even further away from horror core than likes of Aster, Peele, Eggers. However, unlike them ( in most cases, not always ), he knows how to amusingly play with pretentiousness in that goth-com manner. Also, fashion being a killer is potent concept for both ridiculous pomposity and critique of it. Watching this in pair with The Stylist gives totally killer ( pun intended) complete look. 

9 hours ago, Leptine said:

DRAG iT. :jonnycat:

'True Detective' pilot of this new season was very good-promising, love the setting, very 'The Thing' vibes with also supernatural stuff I wasn't expecting in this show, definitely worth checking, HBO never misses (contrary to CW) @The Witch @Reverse Warholian

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

WQd5R1v.png

Secure within a desolate home as an unnatural threat terrorizes the world, a man has established a tenuous domestic order with his wife and son,

but this will soon be put to test when a desperate young family arrives seeking refuge.

Highest Vote: @Reverse Warholian (#10)

Lowest Vote: @mellenthin (#24)

It didn't even deserve top 20 but anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

uPzmU3g.png

Caleb, a coder at the world’s largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan,

the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment

in which he must interact with the world’s first true artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl.

Letterboxd: 4.0 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @Reverse Warholian (#1)

Lowest Vote: @Lemon (#17)

• Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

uPzmU3g.png

Caleb, a coder at the world’s largest internet company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan,

the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment

in which he must interact with the world’s first true artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl.

FAKE NEWS... REAL NUMBERS COME ON SUNDAY

• Haha 2

CefqCwq.png

When a group of 20-somethings gets stuck at a remote mansion during a hurricane, a party game gone very,

very wrong ends with a dead body on the ground and fake friends at every turn as they try to find the killer among them.

Letterboxd: 3.3 | Trailer

Highest Vote: @mokitsu (#4)

Lowest Vote: @elevate @mellenthin (#19)

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

CefqCwq.png

When a group of 20-somethings gets stuck at a remote mansion during a hurricane, a party game gone very,

very wrong ends with a dead body on the ground and fake friends at every turn as they try to find the killer among them.

This deserved top 10.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

CefqCwq.png

This flop outcharting Ex Acclaimedina :skull:

36 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

uPzmU3g.png

Oh wow. Praying for you @Reverse Warholian, good pick tbh. :clap3:

50 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Oh wow. Praying for you @Reverse Warholian, good pick tbh. :clap3:

It's objectively the best A24 film PERIOD, horror or horror-adj, so I just had to give the Oscar winner her flowers :clap3:

Spoiler

Remember when you lost your entire Top 3 in the 2000s rate (LTROI, TOTS, MD) before the Top 30 was revealed? :rip:

Edited by Reverse Warholian
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

It's objectively the best A24 film PERIOD, horror or horror-adj, so I just had to give the Oscar winner her flowers :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

Remember when you lost your entire Top 3 in the 2000s rate (LTROI, TOTS, MD) before the Top 30 was revealed? :rip:

Hey, my comment was meant as a "good pick as a #1", not "good pick for an out-out". :deadbanana2:

Thank you for reminding me of three better movies than anything in this rate tho. :heart2:

• Haha 1

I watched 'Ex Machina' when it came out, I remember that I liked it but I should rewatch it because I lowkey forgot it now, I also remember I was thirsting on Oscar Isaac the whole movie :gaycat3:

The Artifice Girl has flashed out AI better and in more intriguing ways than Ex Machina. I found it with more “empty” space than with what wanted to portray specifically, whereas the former never drops the ball dialogue and scene wise. 

Bodies Bodies Bodies is TikTok/Gen Z/electronic era’s April’s Fools Day. Not really that much successfully comical, barely creepy, but it still is rich in details and fun. 

2 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Reveal hidden contents

And The VVtch is your #2 wbk :jonnycat:

5 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

CefqCwq.png

I blame the gen z / TikTok culture and recency bias 

CefqCwq.png

Surprised to see it miss the Top 10! :eek:

So the Top 10 are:

Green Room

Hereditary

Midsommar

The VVitch

The Lighthouse

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Saint Maud

Talk to Me

Pearl

X

19 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Surprised to see it miss the Top 10! :eek:

So the Top 10 are:

Green Room

Hereditary

Midsommar

The VVitch

The Lighthouse

The Killing of a Sacred Deer

Saint Maud

Talk to Me

Pearl

X

These two do not belong in the top 10 :coffee2:

• Like 1

When I enjoy Leave The World Behind instead of It Comes At Night with regards to a post apocalyptic event. :redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.