STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

On 5/7/2024 at 7:15 AM, Leptine said:

Decided to check 'Late Night with the Devil' given also the payola positive buzz on IMDB and to see if y'all were too harsh about it...

Well I just wake up after falling asleep while watching it :rip:

The movie is a legit SNOOZEFEST, there was literally no suspence and nothing intruiguing about it, I agree only the aesthetics and the 70s setting was interesting but not enough to make a good movie out of it.

TURD!

Exactly! Period.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

I Saw the Fad Tank came out and is making zero noise :deadbanana4:

Immaculate was a decent cute girl but it's very unlucky that it came out at the same time as stunning gorjina supermodel The #1 Omen 

90d38e980d25ff0180b99aa26e8f77f9.gif

• Haha 1

Finally watched Brightburn. Definitely could've explored a bit more into the lore but I had fun with it. Too bad it didn't do well, I think it could've been a fun little trilogy or something. 

Abigail was very enjoyable :clap3: I wish I had no clue what it was about though, so I could be surprised by the twist.

But Kathryn Newton's acting kinda sucked and I don't know if it was because of how the character was written, or her actual acting. I had the same problem with her on Freaky, but it made sense that her character was kind of awkward there.

Spoiler

Also, as much as I enjoyed the movie, the final scene with the father/Dracula was super corny :deadbanana4: I feel like that scene cheapened the whole movie

Not Tubi making the best horror movie of the year until now. 

"Lowlifes" did THAT. Ain't that something?

Abigail devoured :jonny5:

Looks like The Strangers is getting panned :shakeno:

AbiFAIL was so bad it was almost comical. What a waste of time :toofunny3:

Has anyone seen Exhuma?

The premise seems very interesting but not sure if it's worth watching

13 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The original is that ***** every other entry to the franchise sucked! 

Watching You'll Never Find Me and I'm about half an hour in and its so boring but also unsettling :rip:

Thoughts on new horror movies I've seen so far this month:

Godzilla Minus One - barely a horror film but it's categorized as such. Perfectly blends amazing action sequences with character development and emotional moments! 9/10

Exhuma - found it a bit boring but the visuals were great. You're better off rewatching The Wailing tbh to scratch that K-horror itch. 6/10

Founders Day - can't decide if it's intentionally camp or just downright bad. Leaning towards the latter. A poor Thanksgiving knockoff. 4/10

The Coffee Table - a little bit overhyped to be disturbing. Would've worked better if it didn't have the usual Spanish dramatizations. I found it kinda funny tbh. 6/10

Sting - Vermines/Infested if it was made by Disney. Decent but too slow-paced. The real action didn't start until 1 hour in. 5/10

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Thor said:

Has anyone seen Exhuma?

The premise seems very interesting but not sure if it's worth watching

Yeah, it is an interesting story, but I found it long enough to eventually get less positive results in return. Story is interesting though and there is adequate possession lore to it. 

Founders Day is definitely Thanksgiving inspired, but dare I say I actually enjoyed that villains actually get to do what they had initially planned (this is still not a spoiler, so rest safe). Cinema fatality scene and the reveal are pretty enjoyable. 

4 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Watching You'll Never Find Me and I'm about half an hour in and its so boring but also unsettling :rip:

Very much true. Movie has got unsettling box checked, but it falls short in every other metric basically. Too much smoke, too little sparks. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 11:14 AM, Bhabylon said:

I knew it. First of all, it wasn't needed. Second of all, making it a trilogy with background story and depth to the characters also isn't it. There's something really dark, evil and gritty about the original one that made it one of the best, killers killing for absolutely no reason, choosing random victims just to see them suffer til death, the "this could really happen" of it all.

Even the entire marketing of the new one feels kinda obnoxious and too Hollywood.

:clack:

me, a passionate The Strangers (2008) hater, seeing the new film get even worse reviews

margo2(short).thumb.gif.1c7cbe9a80317a32

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I watched Abigail last night and I thought it was awesome. It visually reminded me of the recent Scream movies and Ready or Not but after looking into it I've found out that some of the same guys who made those movies worked on Abigail. I feel like some horror movies are good / decent but I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to people or rewatch them, such as the new Nic Cage movie Arcadian. But, I'm looking forward to watching Abigail again. The scene with the 'onions' really made me laugh. I've been a fan of Kathryn Newton since Supernatural so it's nice seeing her acting in more movies. She was also great in Freaky! 

I'm planning to watch Sting either tonight or tomorrow, which I'm looking forward to as I love a spider creature feature. Has anybody watched it yet?

Edited by The Man Who

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

Very much true. Movie has got unsettling box checked, but it falls short in every other metric basically. Too much smoke, too little sparks. 

How did this movie get a 79% on RT? :gaycat6:

Sting is lesser Infested for sure, but for me both are okay and not something I necessarily prefer. I would recommend both because they are still better than some other movies from this year. 

12 minutes ago, sweetsexysavage said:

How did this movie get a 79% on RT? :gaycat6:

Dialogue is pretty fine and eerie, kind of profound in a philosophical way too, but it gives impression that it thinks that's enough to base movie on and it isn't. They could have used dread more since the backdrop of the whole movie checks out. 

The Coffee Table was shocking and hilarious, but it should've been a short film.

12 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

me, a passionate The Strangers (2008) hater, seeing the new film get even worse reviews

Being a The Strangers hater is a constant experience of winning

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.