Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Taylor Swift

Featured Replies

  • Replies 61.6k
  • Views 3.3m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor fanboy
    Taylor fanboy

    I would throw you on the bed and slowly take off your boxers. Then I would stare at your long hard cock. I would slowly move my finger up the side of your dick. After that I would very slowly lick the

  • Holy Ground
    Holy Ground

    Why do people engage with artists they don't like . I couldn't imagine camping in a Bieber thread and keeping up with his every move... I just ignore him We must pray for the victims of Taylor Swift

Well, she wouldn't attend unless she won artist of the year (and as she should! People can say this is a pretentious take but she IS too big to grace these C-tier award shows with her presence unless awarded handsomely ddd)

And there's zero chance of AOTY happening because of BTS. The Instagram posts for fan voting have something like 13 MILLION comments and I wish I was joking rip At least they've usually always had integrity as far as actually awarding whoever got the most votes, IE Taylor winning in 2020 over Justin despite him attending lol. Which doesn't favor her when BTS is nominated but I'll give them their deserved 7s for being transparent with the wins.

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

AMAs, VMAs are so irrelevant these days.

AMAs yea, she's gonna sweep anyway, but VMAs is always a cute event with lots of social media discussion which can be fun, although I dont see her attendeing/performing at these events anymore sadly

37 minutes ago, Nico Robin said:

AMAs yea, she's gonna sweep anyway, but VMAs is always a cute event with lots of social media discussion which can be fun, although I dont see her attendeing/performing at these events anymore sadly

The downfall of award shows always amazes me. They used to be so relevant before 2015/16, every major artists attending and performing, now no one cares to attend.

Award shows in general are kind of irrelevant outside of EGOT… but these shows offer ways for our faves to perform on TV which ultimately means more content for us to enjoy.

My biggest issue with award shows these days is that it just feels like they award whoever decides to actually show up… or sometimes these award shows will feel blatantly rigged. The VMA vanguard award feels like it just gets sold to the highest bidder that year.

The main theme of the Toy Story franchise is the fear of being replaced as someone's favorite. Sounds familiar?

Best case scenario is that Taylor writes a song that can be interpreted in multiple ways - as a toy in fear of being thrown out, as a pop star afraid of being replaced by a younger, shinier model (Nothing New, Clara Bow), and as being afraid of a romantic relationship ending (so the GP can relate).

Sort of like how Eyes Open could be interpreted both as being about Katniss in the arena and Taylor's own experience in the music industry.

If she pulls it off, I fear she has that Oscar in the bagcelestial5

  • Popular Post

Sisters, I'm a little [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] and my third eye is open and TTPD...wow. Simply wow. It's actually making me feel like I need to go to the insane asylum myself because it is so unbelievable that there was any backlash to that album. People literally should've been kissing her feet from track 1.

I am truly so pleased that the retrospective tides are turning on this stone cold masterpiece. I could seriously see it being Lover 2.0 on the next tour (but deserving it this time) and Guilty As Sin being Cruel Summer 2.0 (equally deserved).

ANYONE who ever called this album bad shouldn't be permitted to remark on music ever again. It's so transparent that the backlash was merely a reaction to Taylor's all consuming celebrity. It is seriously one of the best albums in her entire catalogue and it's something only Taylor Swift could have released. The GENUIS of dropping a lore heavy album in the midst of the biggest celebrity mania of the 21st century. EVERYONE CARED. The SHOCK of the century when the album was all about Matty Healy! The way that somehow made the album much more relatable because we've all been there! She had already mourned and analyzed her longterm relationship through Midnights and "fictitious" stories on folklore and evermore (I think there are entirely fictitious songs on these as she says, but I think some are semi-fictitious). The mania and her heart coming alive again for the first time in years was a far more stimulating muse.

It's so honest. It's saw raw. It was brave to release! Not only is it incredibly personal, she paints herself in an unflattering light in many songs. She also writes extensively about a relationship that was considered highly unpopular! A truly risky move, but this website would never let you believe that since it paid off as usual. She even addresses the fans directly...critically! How risky is that!? I'm struggling to think of an instance when another MPG has done this. And she was right! The relationship was too parasocial (hi hi this post)! The fanbase needed a little whacking, we are not entitled to direct her personal life.

But that rawness makes the album all the more relatable. Not to mention fun to experience. It's like watching a movie, it all connects. The album also tells such a clear story!

  1. The tail end and actual ending of a long dead relationship and how Taylor was longing for a specific previous unexplored love interest (FOTS and GaS [side note, I'd also put The Black Dog here but I know people disagree on the inspiration for that song] are two discography staples)

  2. The mania/stress/insecurity/ecstasy of getting that love interest

  3. The rockiness of that relationship but absolutely convincing herself that he is the one despite the problems...rings and children incoming!

  4. The loss of that relationship

  5. The anger and self doubt that loss causes and the pleading for things to be different, lowkey ego death

  6. Acceptance, some iconic fourth wall breaks

  7. Seeds of hope/new love.

The [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] is hitting and I could go on forever. long story short.mp3, I love The Tortured Poets Department (bothering to use the italics out of respect) so much. Though I have always loved the album personally, I apologize for ever tolerating any understanding of its criticism. I shall only drag henceforth.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

TTPD:TA was ALWAYS that *****.

If it weren't for overexposure, it would've been a 90+ on Metacritic.

TTPD is aging like a gorgeous fine wine and the retrospective analysis is going to be beautiful.

Meanwhile Showgirl…

spoiled-milk-13960988.jpg

40 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Momma looks impeccable clap3

She looks so freaking gorgeous. I really hope this is the next era look. Not even sure what's different (is it just full bangs?) but wowowowoww

  • ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, Flames2Embers said:

She looks so freaking gorgeous. I really hope this is the next era look. Not even sure what's different (is it just full bangs?) but wowowowoww

idk but jonny4

1 hour ago, mael said:

She Mermaid Swift'd a BIT here....

I need a talented gif maker to make it an avi out of this please bird

Edited by Mandalore

20 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Sisters, I'm a little [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] and my third eye is open and TTPD...wow. Simply wow. It's actually making me feel like I need to go to the insane asylum myself because it is so unbelievable that there was any backlash to that album. People literally should've been kissing her feet from track 1.

I am truly so pleased that the retrospective tides are turning on this stone cold masterpiece. I could seriously see it being Lover 2.0 on the next tour (but deserving it this time) and Guilty As Sin being Cruel Summer 2.0 (equally deserved).

ANYONE who ever called this album bad shouldn't be permitted to remark on music ever again. It's so transparent that the backlash was merely a reaction to Taylor's all consuming celebrity. It is seriously one of the best albums in her entire catalogue and it's something only Taylor Swift could have released. The GENUIS of dropping a lore heavy album in the midst of the biggest celebrity mania of the 21st century. EVERYONE CARED. The SHOCK of the century when the album was all about Matty Healy! The way that somehow made the album much more relatable because we've all been there! She had already mourned and analyzed her longterm relationship through Midnights and "fictitious" stories on folklore and evermore (I think there are entirely fictitious songs on these as she says, but I think some are semi-fictitious). The mania and her heart coming alive again for the first time in years was a far more stimulating muse.

It's so honest. It's saw raw. It was brave to release! Not only is it incredibly personal, she paints herself in an unflattering light in many songs. She also writes extensively about a relationship that was considered highly unpopular! A truly risky move, but this website would never let you believe that since it paid off as usual. She even addresses the fans directly...critically! How risky is that!? I'm struggling to think of an instance when another MPG has done this. And she was right! The relationship was too parasocial (hi hi this post)! The fanbase needed a little whacking, we are not entitled to direct her personal life.

But that rawness makes the album all the more relatable. Not to mention fun to experience. It's like watching a movie, it all connects. The album also tells such a clear story!

  1. The tail end and actual ending of a long dead relationship and how Taylor was longing for a specific previous unexplored love interest (FOTS and GaS [side note, I'd also put The Black Dog here but I know people disagree on the inspiration for that song] are two discography staples)

  2. The mania/stress/insecurity/ecstasy of getting that love interest

  3. The rockiness of that relationship but absolutely convincing herself that he is the one despite the problems...rings and children incoming!

  4. The loss of that relationship

  5. The anger and self doubt that loss causes and the pleading for things to be different, lowkey ego death

  6. Acceptance, some iconic fourth wall breaks

  7. Seeds of hope/new love.

The [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] is hitting and I could go on forever. long story short.mp3, I love The Tortured Poets Department (bothering to use the italics out of respect) so much. Though I have always loved the album personally, I apologize for ever tolerating any understanding of its criticism. I shall only drag henceforth.

ALL of this jonny3as a day 1 TTPD truther it is most pleasing to me to read posts like this smitten

I would also add another interesting theme which prob corelates to your "ego death" segment: shame & embarrassment. On several songs there are notes of humiliation or embarrassment that she allowed this fleeting relationship to rock her world so much and then to also allow it to be so public. Like she knew it was headed for disaster but still dove head first which isn't very Taylor-ish and she knew it was wrong but still went for it because of the feeling it gave her....the rush of emotions was so palatable even in those pap photos of her with him all sweaty running away from the paparazzi etc....it felt like summer heat but she knew the fall was coming shortly and didn't or couldn't do anything about it....ughhhhhh what a record and time jonny4

Edited by IBeMe

I've been laughing for 3 hours watching the video and listening to the song, it's so funny

ttpd is not a bad album at all like people made it seem when it came out.

it's just……….boring. especially some of the anthology when the songs just start to blend into each other at some point

22 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Sisters, I'm a little [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] and my third eye is open and TTPD...wow. Simply wow. It's actually making me feel like I need to go to the insane asylum myself because it is so unbelievable that there was any backlash to that album. People literally should've been kissing her feet from track 1.

I am truly so pleased that the retrospective tides are turning on this stone cold masterpiece. I could seriously see it being Lover 2.0 on the next tour (but deserving it this time) and Guilty As Sin being Cruel Summer 2.0 (equally deserved).

ANYONE who ever called this album bad shouldn't be permitted to remark on music ever again. It's so transparent that the backlash was merely a reaction to Taylor's all consuming celebrity. It is seriously one of the best albums in her entire catalogue and it's something only Taylor Swift could have released. The GENUIS of dropping a lore heavy album in the midst of the biggest celebrity mania of the 21st century. EVERYONE CARED. The SHOCK of the century when the album was all about Matty Healy! The way that somehow made the album much more relatable because we've all been there! She had already mourned and analyzed her longterm relationship through Midnights and "fictitious" stories on folklore and evermore (I think there are entirely fictitious songs on these as she says, but I think some are semi-fictitious). The mania and her heart coming alive again for the first time in years was a far more stimulating muse.

It's so honest. It's saw raw. It was brave to release! Not only is it incredibly personal, she paints herself in an unflattering light in many songs. She also writes extensively about a relationship that was considered highly unpopular! A truly risky move, but this website would never let you believe that since it paid off as usual. She even addresses the fans directly...critically! How risky is that!? I'm struggling to think of an instance when another MPG has done this. And she was right! The relationship was too parasocial (hi hi this post)! The fanbase needed a little whacking, we are not entitled to direct her personal life.

But that rawness makes the album all the more relatable. Not to mention fun to experience. It's like watching a movie, it all connects. The album also tells such a clear story!

  1. The tail end and actual ending of a long dead relationship and how Taylor was longing for a specific previous unexplored love interest (FOTS and GaS [side note, I'd also put The Black Dog here but I know people disagree on the inspiration for that song] are two discography staples)

  2. The mania/stress/insecurity/ecstasy of getting that love interest

  3. The rockiness of that relationship but absolutely convincing herself that he is the one despite the problems...rings and children incoming!

  4. The loss of that relationship

  5. The anger and self doubt that loss causes and the pleading for things to be different, lowkey ego death

  6. Acceptance, some iconic fourth wall breaks

  7. Seeds of hope/new love.

The [Midnight Rain Spotify Canvas] is hitting and I could go on forever. long story short.mp3, I love The Tortured Poets Department (bothering to use the italics out of respect) so much. Though I have always loved the album personally, I apologize for ever tolerating any understanding of its criticism. I shall only drag henceforth.

Very well said clap3

TTPD is truly a masterpiece. Releasing an album like that at the peak of her career was an insane move. The Anthology getting only 69 on Metacritic is beyond absurd and shows that critics should never be taken seriously. Some other overproduced "cultural" albums getting 90+ while TTPD got backlash for Taylor being "overexposed"... Just absurd.

Aren't we all TTPD day 1 truthers? rip I don't remember a Swiftie not liking the album.

On another topic, I wonder how messy her guest list is.

Zoe and Harry will surely be there.

Sabrina, Gracie and Dylan.

Lena, Jack and Lorde.

Kelsea and Halsey.

Oh wow.

2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Aren't we all TTPD day 1 truthers? rip I don't remember a Swiftie not liking the album.

On another topic, I wonder how messy her guest list is.

Zoe and Harry will surely be there.

Sabrina, Gracie and Dylan.

Lena, Jack and Lorde.

Kelsea and Halsey.

Oh wow.

What's messy with Sabrina, Gracie, and Dylan? And who is Dylan? The werewolf guy in the ATW video?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.