Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Taylor Swift

Featured Replies

  • Popular Post

Browsing that Katy vs Rihanna vocals thread and it's honestly making me really proud of Taylor.

At the beginning of her career, I'd say she was directly comparable to them. She had weak control, poor pitch, and was often breathy.

She truly stayed with it. She didn't get wrapped up in drugs. She didn't rest on her fame. It's clearly apparent that she kept working with voice coaches and kept improving her instrument.

Ofc she's never going to be a Beyonce or Whitney level vocalist, but she sounded incredible on Eras. Her voice also suits her music very well. Look at the awful American Idol episode where technically good singers absolutely butchered her discography. It's not as easy to sing as people think. You almost never hear Taylor covers that sound better than the OG.

Anyway, it makes me feel quite proud of her. As many other artists show, there isn't a real incentive to improve. Taylor, like she does with everything, kept at it anyway. And she reaped the reward!

It DOES annoy me how people on this website act like the difference in her vocals from her teenage years aren't night and day. So many people act like she'd still be grouped in with Katy/Rihanna, but I see her as much more similar to Madonna now. Girls who may not have had the golden pipes, but they sound good, know how to use their voices, and kept at it to constantly improve.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

  • Replies 61.6k
  • Views 3.3m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor fanboy
    Taylor fanboy

    I would throw you on the bed and slowly take off your boxers. Then I would stare at your long hard cock. I would slowly move my finger up the side of your dick. After that I would very slowly lick the

  • Holy Ground
    Holy Ground

    Why do people engage with artists they don't like . I couldn't imagine camping in a Bieber thread and keeping up with his every move... I just ignore him We must pray for the victims of Taylor Swift

27 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

American Idol episode where technically good singers absolutely butchered her discography. It's not as easy to sing as people think. You almost never hear Taylor covers that sound better than the OG.

I agree with everything you said in your post, but especially that part. Anytime I hear more traditionally gifted singers cover a Taylor song, it always sounds ass because they seem to think a belt and sustained note is how you make a song good but all the essence of the song is lost in the process. I don't remember which cover it was, but there was a thread recently asking if a specific performance of cardigan was the best out there and halfway through it turned into a belting competition the likes of which Xtina would be jealous and that was just horrendous. Everything that makes cardigan special was completely lost.

There's only one cover of a Taylor Swift song that I ever found to be somewhat on par with the original, and arguably better. Never seen anything else that was remotely comparable. And it's kinda crazy that it was for such a behemoth of her catalogue. That "and you call me up again just to break me like a promise" at 3:00 just give me chills everytime. That man really understood that the voice is the accessory to the emotion transmitted through Taylor's words.

You can make some vocal acrobatics, but as soon as it becomes a vocal showcase instead of an emotional delivery is where a Taylor cover goes to **** imo.

Edited by Incandescent Glow

Ok, what does Taylor need to do to make sure she is the winner of ROTY at the Grammys?

I got jumpscared when I saw that noisy mess Raye leading on Goldderby. HELP!

Perform?

3 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Browsing that Katy vs Rihanna vocals thread and it's honestly making me really proud of Taylor.

At the beginning of her career, I'd say she was directly comparable to them. She had weak control, poor pitch, and was often breathy.

She truly stayed with it. She didn't get wrapped up in drugs. She didn't rest on her fame. It's clearly apparent that she kept working with voice coaches and kept improving her instrument.

Ofc she's never going to be a Beyonce or Whitney level vocalist, but she sounded incredible on Eras. Her voice also suits her music very well. Look at the awful American Idol episode where technically good singers absolutely butchered her discography. It's not as easy to sing as people think. You almost never hear Taylor covers that sound better than the OG.

Anyway, it makes me feel quite proud of her. As many other artists show, there isn't a real incentive to improve. Taylor, like she does with everything, kept at it anyway. And she reaped the reward!

It DOES annoy me how people on this website act like the difference in her vocals from her teenage years aren't night and day. So many people act like she'd still be grouped in with Katy/Rihanna, but I see her as much more similar to Madonna now. Girls who may not have had the golden pipes, but they sound good, know how to use their voices, and kept at it to constantly improve.

Her discipline and ambition are a huge reason why so many of us have stuck around for so long. She showcases growth in most things or at least deep passion. When it comes to her voice improving, as you said, you can CLEARLY hear growth and that's for sure from training. I bet it took hours of intense vocal lessons over years for her to get to where she's at with constant maintenance. It really shows that she gets a high from her career and from making music in general. So few ppl are like that. As someone who is also rather ambitious in my own small ways it actually is one of the most relatable things about her to me. I can see the perfectionism, the effort, the OCD, the grind without the huge fanfare around it.

I've been recently watching old Madonna interviews from the 90s and there was a huge media effort and push to label her as a "improved" vocalist who worked hard to get her voice to a better state during the Evita movie promo era yet Madonna (with ALL my respect) still didnt sound as good as Taylor does right now but Taylor and her team never thought to market her vocal improvement or make some huge fanfare around it. She just shows it off live and on her records and goes about her day. This is something that she does in MANY aspects of her life. She works hard but doesn't complain or use her hustle as a way to gloat or show off. She just keeps her head low and works on her goals one by one until she achieves them.

You can REALLY tell she appreciates all of this happening to her and that she gets a genuine kick out of her career instead of getting highs from drugs or being too distracted by relationships that it impedes her passion for music (even though she loves hard and falls quickly in love...it's the artist in her lol). I wonder if it's partly a family thing? Coming from very successful parents who also seem to be pretty humble must have impacted how she deals with her career and life in general.

Edited by IBeMe

18 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

You can REALLY tell she appreciates all of this happening to her and that she gets a genuine kick out of her career instead of getting highs from drugs or being too distracted by relationships that it impedes her passion for music (even though she loves hard and falls quickly in love...it's the artist in her lol). I wonder if it's partly a family thing? Coming from very successful parents who also seem to be pretty humble must have impacted how she deals with her career and life in general.

THIS.

By far one of my favorite things about her. It's almost unfathomable that a star of her caliber could appreciate something like the Eras Tour as fully as a kid daydreaming in her room, but I truly get the sense that she pinches herself every day. She works harder than anyone, but she's also more grateful than anyone and WANTS it more than anyone.

She didn't get sidetracked by living the lifestyle of the rich and famous. I truly cannot think of another A or even B list pop star that was less affected by fame when it comes to her work ethic, appreciation, and honestly personality in general! She reminds me SO much of herself when she was a teenager. A very impressive feat for the objective biggest star of the 21st century. I think Debut Taylor would still recognize herself, even if she'd be gagged by some of the music. chick3

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

9 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

SBT is a cute girl, but next to gorgeous…

But still can't reach di perfection:

9 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This new Drake BB200 record, I wonder if she will come for it.

I hope NOT, atleast not with her studio albums.

41 minutes ago, Sweeftie13 said:

But still can't reach di perfection:

Oh the The Last Time -> Holy Ground -> Sad Beautiful Tragic 1-2-3 punch, you'll always be famous. jonny

1 hour ago, Sweeftie13 said:

But still can't reach di perfection:

No way you're serious. ahh

Please tell me you were just doomposting pleeek

1 hour ago, Calvin said:

I hope NOT, atleast not with her studio albums.

Maybe Woodvale plus new deluxe of folklore and evermore at the same time.

  • Popular Post

The points she made on Anti-Hero…her best lead ever, I fear!

I love when she releases a song cloaked in her own mythology. A song that only makes sense for Taylor Swift to release. Blank Space and The Prophecy are other good examples.

The way she made a song as dense as Anti-Hero into a pop smash is truly a testament to her ear and pen. I love that she never lets being dense, weird, or self referential stifle her. Ophelia is also a good example of this, too. Remember the meltdowns when we saw the title? Now it's her biggest smash released this decade.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

Any insider info about the Toy Story soundtrack? I want it to be true so so bad. 2 of my favorite things ever having a crossover jonny5

18 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This new Drake BB200 record, I wonder if she will come for it.

What is this hyper specific record?

I'm an insider. Toy story 5 will have two important songs: Woody **** my wood by Charli Xcx and Lightyear till the Midnight Sun by Zara Larrson ft. Billie Eilish

2 hours ago, Flames2Embers said:

What is this hyper specific record?

Not yet official — BB200 Top 1-3 debut

18 minutes ago, Sweeftie13 said:

I'm an insider. Toy story 5 will have two important songs: Woody **** my wood by Charli Xcx and Lightyear till the Midnight Sun by Zara Larrson ft. Billie Eilish

This will be the end of me

tenor.gif

  • ATRL Moderator

Please participate girlies, it’s kinda flopping and I wanted to do thing for every track (maybe 2 tracks per time) chick3

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Please participate girlies, it's kinda flopping and I wanted to do thing for every track (maybe 2 tracks per time) chick3

I do think doing 2 tracks at a time would be a bit better considering the sheer amount you'll have to go through otherwise (70+), which would take 2 months to go through if done 1 by 1 everyday.

I don't listen to teenagers and impressionable young adults.

I listen to aged and seasoned women vocalists so TVs all the way!

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.