Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Taylor Swift

Featured Replies

One underrated aspect of Taylor's songwriting entirely separate from her lyrics is her ear for melody and hits. Is it crazy that I actually think it's a stronger/more uncommon skill?

So many artists have it when they're young (or else the people they work with do) and find it extremely hard to keep. Listening to the new Gaga Devil Wears Prada music and I'm just like…where did the melodies/hooks on TF/TFM go? Beyoncé's newer music had a similar problem, though I think it's objectively well constructed/interesting. I'm not dragging them/saying their new music is bad, either. Just somewhat tuneless/hookless. I don't mean to single them out either, it happens to so many people who used to create brilliant/infectious pop melodies.

Even at Taylor's worst (Showgirl), we're still getting multiple songs that are extremely catchy/hooky. Even for the ones that don't work, I'd say the melodies/hooks are the strongest part of the entire album.

  • Replies 61.6k
  • Views 3.3m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor fanboy
    Taylor fanboy

    I would throw you on the bed and slowly take off your boxers. Then I would stare at your long hard cock. I would slowly move my finger up the side of your dick. After that I would very slowly lick the

  • Holy Ground
    Holy Ground

    Why do people engage with artists they don't like . I couldn't imagine camping in a Bieber thread and keeping up with his every move... I just ignore him We must pray for the victims of Taylor Swift

51 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

One underrated aspect of Taylor's songwriting entirely separate from her lyrics is her ear for melody and hits. Is it crazy that I actually think it's a stronger/more uncommon skill?

So many artists have it when they're young (or else the people they work with do) and find it extremely hard to keep. Listening to the new Gaga Devil Wears Prada music and I'm just like…where did the melodies/hooks on TF/TFM go? Beyoncé's newer music had a similar problem, though I think it's objectively well constructed/interesting. I'm not dragging them/saying their new music is bad, either. Just somewhat tuneless/hookless. I don't mean to single them out either, it happens to so many people who used to create brilliant/infectious pop melodies.

Even at Taylor's worst (Showgirl), we're still getting multiple songs that are extremely catchy/hooky. Even for the ones that don't work, I'd say the melodies/hooks are the strongest part of the entire album.

Now sis Mayhem came out last year and that's easily her best offering in a decade - catchy hooks galore (easily a hundred times the album Showgirl tried to be)

clack

But I agree with you on Bey - she's definitely moved into a different space artistically and her music is much less accessible now… she seems to value production which catches you off guard rather than hooks/catchiness. The last genuinely brilliant Bey book is probably… Cuff It/Alien Superstar at a push?

That aside - Taylor's ear for melody is exactly what has made her such a phenomenal song writer and I think her best ear candy (purely from a melodic perspective) shows up on Speak Now, 1989 and Poets.

25 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Now sis Mayhem came out last year and that's easily her best offering in a decade - catchy hooks galore (easily a hundred times the album Showgirl tried to be)

clack

But I agree with you on Bey - she's definitely moved into a different space artistically and her music is much less accessible now… she seems to value production which catches you off guard rather than hooks/catchiness. The last genuinely brilliant Bey book is probably… Cuff It/Alien Superstar at a push?

That aside - Taylor's ear for melody is exactly what has made her such a phenomenal song writer and I think her best ear candy (purely from a melodic perspective) shows up on Speak Now, 1989 and Poets.

I agree re: Mayhem, mostly. I don't think there's any ear candy as instant as the earlier stuff. I'd actually compare it to TTPD. Balancing catchiness and artistry well. But this DWP stuff? Send it back. Reminds me of the noise from the decade before.

As for Taylor's catchiest melodies, I think we have to mention Fearless! That album is STUFFED with timeless melodies and catchy hooks. The title track best melody of all time? Perhaps! folklore/evermore have incredible melody work, too. TTPD is a masterpiece but I'm more inclined to sort it closer to a Renaissance-type artistic masterpiece than a catchy, ear worm type masterpiece like 1989.

I also agree about Showgirl on the whole, but still maintain that TFOO and Opalite are two of the best, catchiest, and addictive pop songs released this decade by anyone.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

Opalite and Lizzie Taylor deserved great music videos. Opalite had the potential to be as big as Manchild (i mean they're doing similar numbers without it)

However for next era i want a smash hit as big as ophelia, a mega smash hit bigger than ophelia, a great collab with some of her peer (i wish Rihanna or Ariana ) and then a single becoming viral and reaching a cruel summer smashery. Imagine after 2 years having a song doing 2M+ daily and, one with 1.5M and other two with 1.2M+

Fearless - Speak Now - Red have her BEST melodies imo clack and tbh lack of melodies is one of the reason why overall the Midnights - TTPD - Showgirl run didnt resonate with me as much as her 2010s work (ofc there are some exceptions, for example Ophelia is her catchiest song since forever) .. also the fact that she doesnt SING as much anymore, i want her to sing like on Speak Now / Red again chick3

Edited by TaylenaStan

Elizabeth Taylor missing the top 20 despite its RSD boost and landing at #21 rofl

folklore dropping out of the top 100 for the first time ever in its 300th week and being #101 priceless

What a week for her suburban

11 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Made a thread to celebrate

24d47f7a94b44404a972aa2ebe868b93-2.thumb

OTHs already on the first page. They can't stay away from any Taylor thread.

31 minutes ago, roso said:

Elizabeth Taylor missing the top 20 despite its RSD boost and landing at #21 rofl

folklore dropping out of the top 100 for the first time ever in its 300th week and being #101 priceless

What a week for her suburban

This is a lowkey humbling moment for us l fear…

rogue2

55 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

As for Taylor's catchiest melodies, I think we have to mention Fearless! That album is STUFFED with timeless melodies and catchy hooks. The title track best melody of all time? Perhaps!

Just want to insert into this conversation for a second just to say that YES! Fearless is definitely her best ever in terms of melodies. Song after song after song after song is just soooo catchy. More so than on any other album in my opinion.

  • ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

The misogyny in question being me expressing my dislike for some artists (usually in an obviously exaggerated, non-serious way) and mocking the things their fans say about Taylor by turning it back on whoever they stan. I don't even truly hate 99% of the artists I drag, and mocking artists I think are talentless is not even remotely the same as the **** people say about Taylor on here (and in full seriousness), such as calling her/her fans MAGA/nazi unprovoked or constantly making comments about "teenaged girl fans" which is literally just misogyny.

But go ahead and keep defending your fellow mods for joining in on this trend of spreading the weirdest lies about Taylor and thinking it's okay for us to be called nazis. Pick-me Swifties are a disease, get well soon.

ryan4

And yes I know I will get warned for this, but I will not be acknowledging the warning lol. I'm tired of being silent about how some of the staff on here acts about Swifties/Taylor, and you can't bully us into submission.

  • Ah yes, people do it to Taylor so that makes misogyny okay when it's done to other pop girls in retaliation.

  • You don't truly hate "99% of the artists you drag" but you spend all day dragging and mocking female artists on Twitter? Why do it then? What fulfillment do you get out of doing that?

  • We have had a rule in place that warns the calling of fanbases MAGA/Nazi since November 2025. If you took some time out of your busy days hate-tweeting about Olivia Rodrigo and Charli xcx, maybe you would have noticed.

I'm not even going to bother pulling up specific tweets because your entire feed is misogyny. And no, I will not give you a warning because you're allowed to express your opinion, but you are just as misogynistic as many of the members of other fanbases on this forum.

1 hour ago, TaylenaStan said:

Fearless - Speak Now - Red have her BEST melodies imo clack and tbh lack of melodies is one of the reason why overall the Midnights - TTPD - Showgirl run didnt resonate with me as much as her 2010s work (ofc there are some exceptions, for example Ophelia is her catchiest song since forever) .. also the fact that she doesnt SING as much anymore, i want her to sing like on Speak Now / Red again chick3

I could not agree with you more about the singing chick3

1 hour ago, Sweeftie13 said:

However for next era i want a smash hit as big as ophelia, a mega smash hit bigger than ophelia, a great collab with some of her peer (i wish Rihanna or Ariana ) and then a single becoming viral and reaching a cruel summer smashery. Imagine after 2 years having a song doing 2M+ daily and, one with 1.5M and other two with 1.2M+

This sounds absolutely delicious, but it's hard to imagine her netting a hit bigger than Ophelia. When this is all said and done she'll maybe have four songs bigger than Ophelia across her entire career. One of those is Cruel Summer and, though it is utterly deserving of that place, wouldn't have happened without the biggest musical and monocultural event of the 21st century. I'd say Ophelia is already a mega smash hit. I don't expect anything as big again tbh.

Ophelia is literally already the biggest chart hit of her career. It might even challenge CS, BS, Love Story, and Shake It Off longterm in consumption. It'll take much more time to know. Even if we have other problems with the album/era, kinda amazing that she delivered that 19 years after she debuted and from a 12th studio effort.

I think expecting some more Anti-Heros (which is def in her top 10 biggest, maybe as high as 7/8) is reasonable.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

28 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

This sounds absolutely delicious, but it's hard to imagine her netting a hit bigger than Ophelia. When this is all said and done she'll maybe have four songs bigger than Ophelia across her entire career. One of those is Cruel Summer and, though it is utterly deserving of that place, wouldn't have happened without the biggest musical and monocultural event of the 21st century. I'd say Ophelia is already a mega smash hit. I don't expect anything as big again tbh.

Ophelia is literally already the biggest chart hit of her career. It might even challenge CS, BS, Love Story, and Shake It Off longterm in consumption. It'll take much more time to know. Even if we have other problems with the album/era, kinda amazing that she delivered that 19 years after she debuted and from a 12th studio effort.

I think expecting some more Anti-Heros (which is def in her top 10 biggest, maybe as high as 7/8) is reasonable.

Ophelia needs be to stable and not serving anti hero. An avarage daily streams like style would be amazing

guys, do you have a link for the full interview? all i could find is this

What would you guys think if Taylor went full disco in a future era? Sort of like Madonna's COADF? Think this...

f89f1b95858ada02123f01389505721c3112051f

I don't want disco (I wouldn't mind it I guess), but I DO want full on melodic dance/electronica music.

I have been waiting for damn near a decade now for even one proper DANCE Taylor song, give it to me!

latoya-right-now.gif

53 minutes ago, Capris Groove said:

What would you guys think if Taylor went full disco in a future era? Sort of like Madonna's COADF? Think this...

f89f1b95858ada02123f01389505721c3112051f

tbh I dont want a full disco album but i wouldnt mind one big disco-ish song like a cleverly written one like Espresso was but it would have to be a one and done. A full disco record wouldnt intrigue me from Taylor unless it was a HIGHLY conceptual record with a well executed era shortly followed by a more Swiftian album after it if that makes sense? Like give us a mini world for a Confessions like album and era and then shortly after give us something more singer-songwriter or pop or alt pop rock etc.

36 minutes ago, Lille said:

I don't want disco (I wouldn't mind it I guess), but I DO want full on melodic dance/electronica music.

I have been waiting for damn near a decade now for even one proper DANCE Taylor song, give it to me!

latoya-right-now.gif

This is why I was always so frustrated she didnt keep This Is What You Came For.....I dont really like EDM music all that much BUT she literally somehow wrote one of the best edm dance songs ever and then gave it away during an era where it would have fit perfectly on Reputation or something rip It would have satisfied any craving some fans had about her having a song like that and it would have been a unique one off type of song in her catalog. Again I dont want an EDM song personally but I feel like This Is What You Came For was probably the best she'd give us in that genre and yet she didnt keep it so I really kinda dont want any other EDM song from her cuz I just know it will never be able to sound better than that.

1 hour ago, Capris Groove said:

What would you guys think if Taylor went full disco in a future era? Sort of like Madonna's COADF? Think this...

f89f1b95858ada02123f01389505721c3112051f

That's not necessarily what I would want from her. I ultimately don't think it would be a great fit for her tbh. Disco don't really fit with her songwriting style, but a cute 5/6-tracks EP if she wanted to dabble into that genre could be nice without having to mean that much.

1 hour ago, Lille said:

I don't want disco (I wouldn't mind it I guess), but I DO want full on melodic dance/electronica music.

I have been waiting for damn near a decade now for even one proper DANCE Taylor song, give it to me!

latoya-right-now.gif

And to this I say Red Southhouse Remix on SoundCloud and Wildest Dreams R3hab remix both slap and show how good she could make a dance pop genre work for an album.

Thinks I want:

  • a 70s soft rock album ala Fleetwood

  • A disco / dance album

  • A vaporwave album

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.