Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

I need all the people who gave high scores to AUIYM to be put on an fbi watch list, I refuse to live in a society with these psychos.:mazen: Literally clutching my pearls rn

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

9 hours ago, mariposa said:

I'm sorry, but I can't help but roll my eyes every time I see something about "Act I's rollout was meant to be shorter", "Bey/Parkwood did not anticipate so much praise and success for Renaissance"...like it just does not make any damn sense. When has this woman ever released projects in such quick succession? The same person that made us wait 365 days to get Beychella on streaming??

 

There is quite literally no logical world where Beyoncé would drop her first solo album in 6 years containing 16 new tracks, just to drop another album of 10+ new songs mere months later. Like why is "she announced a 3 act project -> they must all dropped within 4-6 months of each other" the logical conclusion? It's been brought up before, but The Weeknd is currently in a trilogy of albums, and thus far they've been spaced out by 2 years. 

 

I never foresaw (and still don't foresee) a world where we'd get Act II at any point before the 1 year mark especially when a f/w release at the earliest to coincide with new 2024 tour dates (new worldwide legs + second legs for EU/NA) would make a lot more sense

I agree to a degree...

 

BUT (playing Devil's advocate)...

 

I always saw the three-act thing as being Bey's way of playing the streaming game (beyond being another game-changing move from her).

 

If using the data of her previous few releases to forecast (heading into Ren), I can't be convinced that Sony/Parkwood were "100% sure" Renaissance was coming to be a huge streaming success. From The Gift underperforming to almost all her spot songs not moving the needle (beyond Savage) to Lemonade being untested in the streaming market, I don't think it was a 100% slam dunk. They could bank on comeback hype to an extent ("first solo album in 6 years") and could definitely depend on physicals (as we saw), but streaming dominance wasn't a given IMO. 

 

Dropping projects in close succession, though not typically a "Bey thing" to do, isn't much different from what Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, and Drake have been doing and reaping rewards with. They keep feeding their streaming momentum with new bodies of work close together and it creates a swirl of buzz around everything by increasing their monthly listeners and thus effectively setting up the "next" release in succession to do well by having an installed big audience of listeners. This would be Bey doing the same IMO.

 

Additionally, if the projects are somehow tied together by name (e.g. act 1: Renaissance, act 2: _), she'd presumably get to combine sales as a kind of mega project of sorts. Which is another reason to drop the acts in close succession and essentially tour them all (as the source seemed to tease was the original plan). 

 

Lastly, the term "Renaissance" means revival / reclaiming. All tea (so far) seems to point to that being a throughline across all of the "acts". Act 1 being Dance as well as the rumored Country album for Act 2 etc. Going that route would make dropping the projects close together (or at least closer than she usually does) make more sense. Essentially it's one big era/ all-encompassing theme. So, dropping them over (say) 18 months rather than 3-4 years keeps it fresh and tied together still (in the audiences' mind). 

 

The only thing I can't really wrap my head around is her strategy for the visuals (in general and for each act). But, if the tea is to be believed, she's reconfiguring everything anyway, so who knows. 

Edited by Cbreezy

Wait don't drag me, but what is the tea with Bow Down?? I thought it wasn't aimed at anyone, but I saw someone online saying the girls were mad... 

Who was she talking about?? 

 

where-magnifyingglass.gif

7 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

Ok. I just got the results for the Renaissance rate and here is some tea

- AUIYM is not last

spacer.png
 

- the bottom half has 5 songs from the first half of the album

- and naturally, the top half has 5 songs from the second half of the album.

So it’s official, the second half of Renaissance is stronger. People with taste knew this already :fan:

- bottom4 songs will be revealed tomorrow. I will tag all the participants in the post!

Ugh, istg if you guys put POTS last... I'm ready to physically fight, like I hate you DEEP

1 hour ago, Natcrus said:

Ugh, istg if you guys put POTS last... I'm ready to physically fight, like I hate you DEEP

Or worst: MOVE. If Move is last, I hate yall

  • Author

I think the trilogy is gonna be spread out trough the rest of the decade :ducky:

  • ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

I think the trilogy is gonna be spread out trough the rest of the decade :ducky:

2022 / 2025 / 2028 

Retirement: 2030 :ducky:

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Devin said:

2022 / 2025 / 2028 

Retirement: 2030 :ducky:

2031 dc3 stadium world tour ( eu/us) :ducky:

Edited by Kisuke

14 minutes ago, Kisuke said:

I think the trilogy is gonna be spread out trough the rest of the decade :ducky:

If we don’t get act ii next month then probably omg. When everyone starts doing decade long eras after this >>>>

Coldplay are doing a trilogy with their albums and they’ve even told us the album titles and schedule 

Music of the Spheres: 2021

Moon Music: 2024 

Self Titled album: 2025


So yeah it’s normal that we didn’t get act 2 as early as we had hoped but her 9 months of dead silence wasn’t normal at all :deadbanana4:

if Bey follows a similar trajectory as her best friend then:

Renaissance: 2022

act ii: 2024 (probably summer 2024 to coincide with the EU and NA second legs)

act iii: 2025

32 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Coldplay are doing a trilogy with their albums and they’ve even told us the album titles and schedule 

Music of the Spheres: 2021

Moon Music: 2024 

Self Titled album: 2025


So yeah it’s normal that we didn’t get act 2 as early as we had hoped but her 9 months of dead silence wasn’t normal at all :deadbanana4:

if Bey follows a similar trajectory as her best friend then:

Renaissance: 2022

act ii: 2024 (probably summer 2024 to coincide with the EU and NA second legs)

act iii: 2025

Honestly, if she waits one more year I won’t care if it’s an act ii or whatever. I’ll want something completely new. 

“The bottoms” kinda sends.:rip: These 4 seem like the most disliked tracks from Rennie so this makes sense so far. Justice for POTS but oh well we move:giraffe:

1 minute ago, AM98GJ said:

AUIYM & THIQUE I'm so sorry....

I cant even be mad because Bey validated these positions by removing them from the setlist. A shame really. 2 great songs that deserve better 

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

I cant even be mad because Bey validated these positions by removing them from the setlist. A shame really. 2 great songs that deserve better 

me and my friend stayed delusional up to the last minute that she'd add them again for London :monkey:

Edited by AM98GJ

14 minutes ago, AM98GJ said:

me and my friend stayed delusional up to the last minute that she'd add them again for London :monkey:

I was convinced they might return when she started the show on time yesterday. But they seem to be gone for good

I expected 3/4 of those, but POTS being here kinda gagged me ngl

 

also shocked I’m That Legend survived but it’s a happy shock!

I forgot to take part in this, though since I love the entire record my scores may have not changed much.

 

Y'all did Church Girl wrong though :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Kisuke said:

I think the trilogy is gonna be spread out trough the rest of the decade :ducky:

I doubt it. By the time 2029 comes around and she's still doing the act format it would be tiresome :rip:

 

I think once things get moving again, the pace will be faster this time.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.