Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

CONFESSIONS II vs MAYHEM

? 533 members have voted

  1. 1. ?

    • Confessions ii
      65%
      347
    • Mayhem
      34%
      185

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
18 hours ago, HyuneSuga said:

okay I'll go listen to confessions now suburban

Im curious to see if it actually is as good as you guys make it out to be

so?

  • Replies 289
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Venice B
    Venice B

    Die With A Smile vs. Hot Sauce This is taking me out

  • Diocles
    Diocles

    Do you really compare Mayhem to that.. AI trash music?

  • Wildcat
    Wildcat

    Confessions II, sweetie...

Just now, oceans said:

so?

I liked it. Was a few skips on first listen but I'll give it another go since sometimes her songs can be growers gaycat

  • Author
Just now, HyuneSuga said:

I liked it. Was a few skips on first listen but I'll give it another go since sometimes her songs can be growers gaycat

purrrr

I'm sorry I know this is a copout answer, but I can't tell yet. they're kinda ENTIRELY two different kinds of albums. one is a masterclass of pop (Mayhem) and the other is a masterclass of ambitious dance that's not quite mainstream pop (Confessions II). they both will go hard at the gym for eternity tbh. Mayhem feels like it has 75% radio hits and about 25% cult classic deep cuts. Confessions II feels like it has 25% radio hits and about 75% cult classic deep cuts. they kinda pertain to different moods. Mayhem feels like Lady Gaga's Bad, Confessions II feels like Madonna took the best of several of her albums and cut off a slice with an evolved artistic identity. both are evolutions of stuff they've hinted at before. both feel fully fleshed out and well-realized. both feel layered and like they will age well (or continue to age well, for Mayhem). as of this moment, they feel precisely equal in quality to me michael

School alone is better than everything Gaga has released

Confession II

Edited by Unusualyou

Well, I checked out Confessions II earlier today, and there were some tracks that I liked enough to add to my library. Let's see… 5 songs. They were good! I liked em.

But, well, it doesn't make sense to compare to MAYHEM, and if I did those 5 tracks wouldn't stand a chance against it.

Not a bad album, just mostly not my bag. I really don't like the slurring talking effect she puts on her voice, it bugs me on tracks when she just yammers instead of singing. But I do appreciate the blending from track to track, that was great.

I haven't heard Hot Sauce yet tho.

con II is kinda lazy sounding for the most part. u can go on utube and find a bunch of continuous mix playlists that sounds like it.

mayhem has some massive duds but its much less of a slog to get thru

I like mayhem but it really did need more music videos.

It just seemed like a waste. Like? She has the money and funds to make extra videos or visuals. It just seemed lazy or just didn't care.

Garden of eden and Love Drug deserved videos.

Edited by Plasticdoll

I love that Gaga still makes you geriatric fuckers squirm hahaha. Hilarious to read the cope. Confessions II is weak compared to the original. Danceteria and some others are very strong. Mayhem is an incredible album with solid tracks that are original thoughts. Confessions II is something to play in the background for atmosphere. Incredible mixing and transitions. But I don't think Madonna was really trying to do anything groundbreaking with this

2 minutes ago, Plasticdoll said:

If anything y'all should be comparing Confessions to Chromatica.

chromo has been thru enough batterings

suburban

Mayhem is overhated, it's a very solid pop album that just peters out slightly at the very end. People do too much on it, the run from Disease to Shadow of a Man is undeniably great. It will go down as one of Gaga's standout albums.

Confessions II does not lose momentum though. All gas no breaks. Pristine production. Cohesive without being too monotonous. Confessions II will go down as an iconic album that shows an artist, no matter how long their career, is NEVER to be counted out. Confessions II is the answer.

CII has good production from Stuart Price but MAYHEM has much better vocals from Gaga and more sonic variety nicole

32 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Confessions II does not lose momentum though. All gas no breaks. Pristine production. Cohesive without being too monotonous. Confessions II will go down as an iconic album that shows an artist, no matter how long their career, is NEVER to be counted out. Confessions II is the answer.

This is actually a very interesting statement. For me, I felt a handful of tracks blended in with each other in such a way that it felt the opposite of what you're saying - and I had moments in my first couple listens feeling like a number of songs could have a minute shaved off of them, most notably a lot of the first half of Confessions II, which I also rank lower than the second half. It also made me think on albums I really really adore that are very cohesive being labeled as what I just said by people who don't like the album as much as I do. I think it really depends on what kind of music you primarily listen to for you to be able to appreciate it one way or another.

It feels stupid to compare the two because honestly Confessions doesn't have anything as good as Abracadabra, Disease etc but that isn't a bad thing. MAYHEM songs are very singular, their highs are much higher than CII, you get an entire package in one song while also working as a cohesive piece, but then Confessions feels more so like a continuous body of work and because of that I found there to be less standouts, there isn't a single song on CII where afterward I was like this will be the one that will be on repeat. That's not to say I wasn't impressed with CII. I loved certain production choices and I think I loved it even more because finally people can regard a new Madonna record highly but in terms of which I prefer, which I know I will have listened to the most and thought about the most, it's going to be MAYHEM every single time.

drag-race-mayhem-all-stars5.gif

Abracadabra is genuinely one of the best pop songs I've ever heard, but as an album Confessions II absolutely clears. The way it is so freaking cohesive, personal, and lyrically bold.

It's great that Madonna is still serving Madonnsters constant Audiobook Recordings where she just be speaking and mumbling on top of a dance beat so that they could constantly compare them to Gaga's first thing in their mind

kukai

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.