Everything posted by Relampago.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
Ouu this tea. :( Mamdani's most positive quality so far has been him sanitizing the word "socialism" and putting it in a more positive light and opening people up to alternatives to rampant late stage capitalism. Unfortunately, what he's doing is not socialism at all and given that he's already seen as a far left extremist that's tolerable enough so we can't possibly go further than that with real solutions that will actually solve the problems we're facing as a country. In regards to his anti-semitism initiativeโฆ well girl you just hosted the biggest reason for any rise in anti-semitism in your city and sat by and watched an ICC fugitive run around and spread more propaganda. I just don't buy it at all. Re: Harris, I'm also seeing talk of "she's waiting to see if she should run a progressive campaign if progressives win in November!" โฆok? Why would I give a **** if she suddenly wants to be a progressive darling again? She flip flops like no one else, oversaw a genocide as VP and chose to run a right wing campaign that silenced any dissent on Palestine against a right wing fascist and lost embarrassingly. She's not getting my vote under any circumstances, if a Republican wins in 2028 then that's just the consequence of nominating her again, not that our other viable choices are much better. No words on prosecuting Trump (or not). I don't care if it causes a civil war (it wouldn't, Americans are too lazy and people HATE him now anyways) it should be done to set an example. But the reality is both sides of the aisle are on the same team so they'd never jail one of their own, even someone as evil as Trump. My hope is that progressives winning in November moves the Overton window leftwards and the Mamdanis and AOCs become the centrists of the Democratic Party (or whatever left wing party forms if the Democratic Party becomes completely unviable electorally) and the left wing opens up to actual leftists who come with real long term solutions. We're probably still a good decade to two decades away from that even arriving on the horizon, but idk. Gotta hope for something.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
Crockett really had the world in her hands for a moment but flew too close to the sun. To think, all she had to do was endorse Talarico and do a couple cute campaign stops with him and she'd remain a favorite and darling within the party, but her ego is going to have her leaving office as an embarrassment and pariah I don't love Talarico but my goodness was he the right choice to run for Senate between the two.
-
Best C2 Collab: Bring Your Love vs. Love Sensation vs. Danceteria
Madonna and Charli + Danceteria win
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
I expect ~7 I highly doubt it'll be lower than that, but I don't see them giving it above an 8.
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
So, while I do like this, I was expecting something a little different. Some more Melatonins/Crash Outs cause that's what the singles were kinda giving imo. That being said, this is probably her best album production-wise! I smell Nightride (her best album imo) and Joyride all over this. It's like a re-upped and revamped baby of those two albums. Surprised at Cloud 9 hate, it's a clear standout to me, along with Sunglasses, Brainrot, and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore. Empty Stadium is lyrically strong, I feel for her. All of the singles also remain standouts on the album too. I'm going to need some more time to digest the album but atm I think it's in her top 3 albums, but probably behind Nightride and 333.
-
Jae Stephens - 'AUDACITY'
Just started getting into her and this is excellent Bop after bop!! Crush, NOKMN, Attaboy!, B4U and Gymnastics are the standouts for me but honestly no song is a skip. Will have to give her discography a listen!
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Well EYE liked it! And it's obviously gonna smash so that's that
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
ddd not me stanning these songs after getting ready to lash and seeing everyone lashing I think PZ is really good, Cleveland is fun and Pink Clouding is too. Babylon is a classique I can tell you that it's cause these songs have Lover all over them and despite how much everyone hates that album it's one of my faves by her lol
-
Madonna & Charli xcx - "Danceteria Afterhours"
Absolutely love this, was a little worried when I heard the snippet but this is real good
-
Miley about not touring: "People will come to me, I don't need to drive to you"
The fumes in here are a kii If you guys don't wanna see her then don't but the rage over someone who has been on the **** touring train for over a decade now is a little much Anyways, I'm excited to see her Hollywood Bowl show, I think it'll be a good time and I feel lucky to have gotten tix
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
Lowkey how I'm feeling about these polls.. expecting some underwhelming results this November with a couple upsets not in our favor
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
Insane that a public health issue in the form of a massive pandemic that killed millions is on the same level as more unnecessary warmongering that spiked inflation and sped us up to another potential World War III situation are on the same level to the average American cattle voter but whatever gets these people out of office for a bit I guess
-
Gallup: Socialism hits record-high favorability in the U.S.
I mean wealth inequality is just beyond egregious now and it's never been more apparent. No surprise it's most popular among young people too because we literally can't have.. anything. No house, no job, no transportation, no education, no retirementโฆ it's all just being told we're lazy and entitled and we need to just work harder but there isn't even work to be done because Boomers and Gen X won't relenquish anything to us, not even decent paying jobs This tea but also considering where we were just 2 years ago this is a shockingly huge swing in the right direction People realizing the real fascists weren't the blue haired they/thems and trans people just living their lives but the billionaire class and their puppet politicians!
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
!!! Had me and my partner crying this past weekend listening to it One thing this album isn't missing is Miley's ability to make timeless songs!
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
I mean truthfully this is a big step down from SB which is still her best album by far imo. No song is bad but only a couple really hit super hard. I think a lot of these songs would be standouts on different albums (Bass Persuades would be a mega hit on Can't Be Tamed, Different Religion on PH, Let's Get Married on ESV, Neon Signs on YN, etc.) So that being said I think a lot of these songs are good but they all take away from each other as a whole body of work. I'm definitely not mad at it but I hope her next album is more cohesive and tight because this would be great if it was some kind of deluxe to SB or if this was a mixtape or if it happened to be her greatest hits, but as an album it just doesn't have that connected vision that I think she's been great about in her eras.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
EDIT: Oh there it is. ?
-
Slayyyter - "i think he's got a girl"
This one was my least favorite she performed at the concert.. still good but just not what I was hoping for She hates me and won't release Nekromantik :(
-
MILEY - 'Bass Persuades'
This album is definitely all over the place but I like every song so whatever Redlights is a classic, Orbit is a classic, Innocent Ways is a mega bop, Different Religion is the most interesting song, I don't really have too many complaints overall. Let's Get Married is my least fave but it's not bad. This is kind of just a better ESV to me tbh.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
Just circling back to this, I don't mean this in a haughty, told-you-so type of way, but I remember when the attack on Iran was an extremely divisive topic in Civics. People who opposed it on the principle of anti-interventionalism were called selfish, dumb and hateful of the Iranian people who allegedly wanted sovereignty delivered by the US military. All this after the Venezuela invasion. I just hope the consequences coming helps people understand why the US and other powers would do well to stop engaging in hot wars. Honestly, it sucks, because a lot of us don't deserve the struggle that seems to be mounting but Americans need to learn that warmongering eventually has consequences because the sickening loss of life and dismantling and destruction of civilization abroad wasn't enough of a lesson. I do hope we make it out of this alright, but these high prices we have now are going to look like a discount. If there's any silver lining, I hope theres a MASSIVE turn towards renewables, even going as far as bringing back up the Green New Deal and we have a total revitalization and rebirth of how we think about energy efficiency and the oil companies crumble and are tried for their corruption and crimes against humanity.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
The energy/oil crisis situation has me a bit nervous now girls, I knew it was coming but it seems to finally be getting here
-
My dog killed my neighbor's cat
Is this a question? The dog went into another person's yard and killed the cat. If that were my pet who was killed, I would raise hell I say this as a dog lover to my core too, owners need to be responsible with their pets.
-
Ella Langley exposed for being a deer hunter
Tate Mcrae found in a dance studio teas It's disgusting, I hate the idea of killing animals for sport like it's an achievement when you have a gun, but I fully expected her to be into this stuff.
-
Macklemore dropped from Ed Sheeran tour post-Free Palestine speech
What a loser and phony ass statement. It would have been less bad to not even say anything because this is so clearly an attempt to save his reputation. There is no both sides to this, Macklemore advocated for the peace that Ed seems to care so much about and he decided to choose the side that silences the one advocating for peace. Says it all, his "personal opinions" (that he won't share cause he's a coward!) be damned. Like I said before, thank goodness Ed and P!nk are bringing attention to this because they not a loss artistically in ways other problematic artists have been, but they are big enough to show how widespread the Zionist lobby is.
-
Harry Styles or Justin Bieber considered for Super Bowl halftime show
I don't believe it. Didn't TMZ say someone was in talks to do it last year or the year before recently and they were wrong? I remember articles from them or Variety or something and it ended up being Bad Bunny. It feels like these pre-announcement articles are always wrong. The announcement should be coming in the next couple weeks at the latest too, I don't think they would barely be in talks if it's already probably locked in who's doing it. I mean, they're not the worst options but it's a very boring choice. My guess is it'll be Bieber if this is actually true.
-
2026 US Midterms Megathread ๐บ๐ธ Election November 3, 2026
I just don't think people care that much and anyone who does has already made their opinion of Hasan post-"America deserves 9/11" quote, this is a non-issue lol. Honestly, him coming out of the Kaya incident made him look relatively bulletproof. People go hard for dogs, more than people a lot of the time. He'd have to do much worse than this to be fully tanked.