Everything posted by eclipsed
-
"Judas" Re-enter on Spotify Global
I remember the release week like it was yesterday whew what time. It getting banned from certain radio stations, others being hesitant to play it, the catholic church going on Fox being outraged, the "leak" but fans speculating it was just her, releasing it on Easter weekend, the single cover being her taking a photo on her BlackBerry because she loved the textures lol. It was everything I wanted. It being dubbed her first "flop" for her standards I never would have imagine it'd end up having the legs that its had, definitely the new generation have had a big role in that.
-
Lady Gaga
I also don't want a Miley collab. I've always felt Miley tried to emulate Gaga's career possibly subconsciously. When Miley was young she mentioned Gaga a lot and you could clearly see she was inspired by her, as she grew and they somewhat became peers she refrained from sharing how much of an influence Gaga had on her. She studied Gaga just like her sister Noah. As she's grown Miley probably looked deeper into the influences that also inspired Gaga growing up but I think the initial spark Gaga gave her is kind of like the elephant in the room for me when it comes to Miley's career. It's in the the way she moves, the way she performs, the music, the visuals. To me its one of the reasons Miley lacks a true identity of her own and why her music feels devoid of feeling. She took the class of Gaga, but used it as a cheat sheet. What Grace Jones said about Gaga, how she just tries things on but there's nothing under the surface, that's actually how I feel about Miley. Being a fan of Gaga I know that she has the knowledge, but to me Miley just copied off her homework.
- Lady Gaga
- Lady Gaga
-
2026 VMAs viewing figures up 51% from last year, highest since 2015
It's weird because you can't credit Taylor since the proof shows she delivered time after time the lowest rated VMAs in 2022, 2023, 2024 when she won VOTY. The only other time they were lower was when Madonna attended in 2021 You can't really lash liddos because it's actually proven time and time again when Gaga attends there's a boost, same with Ariana.
-
Does the VMA ratings prove that Taylor still got it?
How can you credit Taylor when the years that she won VOTY and attended in 2022, 2023 and 2024 are some of the lowest rated years ranging from 3.9M-4.1M. It wasn't until she didn't attend in 2025 where you had Gaga, Ariana that viewership actually went up to 5.5M IDK the tea about this year but it's either to do with CBS or if we're gonna credit anyone credit Madonna because the past shows it's clearly not Taylor.
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
oof worse than 143. It was bad for her, it was really bad for her
-
2026 VMAs viewing figures up 51% from last year, highest since 2015
What I said is true though. The VMAs ratings did tank the years that Taylor was predominately featured and there was an increase in the years that Gaga, Ariana attended.
-
2026 VMAs viewing figures up 51% from last year, highest since 2015
They made a huge mistake pandering to Taylor didn't she receive like 4 out of 5 of the last Video of the Year awards? And the ratings continued to plummet. The VMAs are not Taylor's core audience, and did she ever even perform? Silly on their behalf. Taylor is more of an AMAs or country music awards type of girl. Notice the years when Gaga, Ariana attend the ratings go up? Know your audience.
-
Spotify | Taylor Swift - Patient Zero | Day 8: #2 WW (5.041m), #1 US (1.668m)
Olivia ending that untalented washed up hack
-
Lady Gaga
I'm guessing Gaga's next album won't be commercial pop, because then she runs the risk of not being able to live up to MAYHEM and then it would basically put her in the same position as Fadty and Tayfraud in terms of critically bombing. I think all the Devil Wears Prada and bonus MAYHEM songs kind of tells me we need to move on, or at the very least the Andrew/Cirkut combo is done or she'll run that risk and I think Gaga is a bit too intelligent to let that happen. I would love if she finds at least one commercial song for the lead/second single and then have the album be much more experimental but either way I'm excited.
-
Lady Gaga
We are so lucky MAYHEM turned out the way that it did. Fadty returned to Luke PANNED, Tayfraud returned to Max PANNED, Godga returned to her pop roots and what did she get? Her most critically acclaimed album to date. It could've been so bad, actually it should have been but I guess those nachos were a little to delicious to refuse. I actually don't feel MAYHEM is a rehashing of anything but you get the point
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
I listened to the songs once and they were abhorrent BUT all of her music sounds like that to me so I guess Poptimism is really over.
-
Gaga's entire discography is green, why?
Honestly impressive considering she was misunderstood for majority of her career.
- Lady Gaga
-
Taylor Swift has "RUINED MUSIC" & the "Apotheosis of MEDIOCRITY"
Omg the Gaga praise mixed in there, the fact that you know Taylor is going to read that wheww LASH HER AGAIN FOR ME SIR In all seriousness I wouldn't say she ruined music period, its more so elements of the industry that suck because of her. She's the female BTS and that's how we categorize her. I don't think she shouldn't be an artist because of all the things he listed, but mediocrity or even worse I'd say in her case certainly makes you question the people putting her in that position. But again so many mediocre people are famous
-
Kylie Minogue LIVE from the AFL Grand Final (Australian Superbowl)
Its funny how low budget these Australian shows feel but I love seeing a performer who loves to perform and also its refreshing to see someone singing live with no funny stuff.
-
Is Taylor's success more important to her fans than her art?
I mean they can't say she is the best at anything so yes. If you are a Bey/Gaga fan you wouldn't sound ridiculous saying you think your fav is the most talented, but Swifties can't say that. If you are a Rih fan you wouldn't sound ridiculous saying she has hits after hits. But Taylor? What does she have other than her stats? It's the only thing that keeps her in the conversation.
-
Taylor's artist-director award was an "external" idea
I think external as someone else said could be CBS in collaboration with her team. Artists use their power to leverage attendance, that's been known. It sucks that the industry is so dead and artists have so much pull that they need to be persuaded to attend these shows, perform etc. I mean aren't they also struggling to get someone to do the Super Bowl? In this case I assume every artist knows what they are winning in advance and then its left up to the artist to decide if they are going to attend or not. Maybe she got her wins and she saw she wasn't getting VOTY and it was going to Madonna and she didn't like that, said no to attending and then this Director Award was bargained as a consolation for that. If she wins VOTY then I wouldn't understand why this award was needed and I would feel inclined to believe what the guy in the TikTok is saying about Taylor being bitter about not getting the most noms, but for right now I find that kind of hard to believe because how would she or her team even communicate something like that. I think if she wanted to win the Vanguard she would get it just like Gaga, just like Eminem, Miley etc. I assume she doesn't want it yet, because its become more of a legacy award.
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
I want to hear from the Swiftologist actually, this will determine whether he is a bias fraud who is delusional like the rest of them or not. I won't say its impossible for somebody to say they enjoy one of the new songs as a fan, but to act like its amazing, let alone good is laughable at this point. What else are we supposed to do but point and laugh? Sure sometimes we enjoy things that are bad, that's fine but lets be honest about it. Her fanbase right now:
-
Is Taylor officially creatively bankrupt?
This argument is so weak, we're all fans of pop music. If Taylor came with the bops I would be stanning, but she's been unable to do so for the longest time now so I'm gonna say it as it is.
-
Is Taylor officially creatively bankrupt?
Just because its midnight in the US doesn't mean its midnight everywhere in the world
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
BETWEEN A LATE NIGHT AND SWEET ROMANCE CAN'T LIE I'D RATHER JUST DANCE AIN'T MY FAULT I GOT ENEMIES LOOKIN' AT LOOKIN' AT LOOKIN' AT ME The Gaga references, best song on the album
-
Tinashe's new song interpolates Chillin' by Wale and Gaga
Wait the song is so good. Its giving Nine Inch Nails meets Gaga, kinda like what Gaga did with Requiem Killah x Closer BETWEEN A LATE NIGHT AND SWEET ROMANCE CAN'T LIE I'D RATHER JUST DANCE AIN'T MY FAULT I GOT ENEMIES LOOKIN' AT LOOKIN' AT LOOKIN' AT ME I think the whole pre-chorus is a play on Gaga lyrics
-
Is Taylor officially creatively bankrupt?
Why is she talking on every bridge? I wonder if she even thinks the music she's making is good anymore, everything sounds the same and is so mindless. It's genuinely laughable as a non-fan and kind of concerning that anyone would think this is good let alone amazing? I hope critics review this and be real, they should've started being honest with her during Midnights and then maybe she wouldn't be in this place right now. She's gotten away with being mediocre for so long, set the bar so incredibly low that honestly if she did something decent to good it'd probably be the biggest thing ever, but she's not even trying.