Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

Overall I really enjoyed the album and honestly probably IS her strongest work to date. I know Dignity is such a fan favourite (mine as well) but having gone through her discography to prepare for 'luck…' there were a few clunkers on that album whereas here everything is cohesive. Also lyrically it's her strongest, imo. Yes again a few questionable lines but the maturity and relatability is here. It's a very honest album. I think IF she were to continue her music career and release another album in a year or two she will only get better. It seems she's finally in a place where she knows herself artistically, the sound she wants to cultivate, and the type of artist she wants to be.

  • Replies 7.5k
  • Views 313k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

This sounds GREAT so far.

Tell Me That Won't Happen is my favorite on first listen.

WOW! This album is fantastic, definitely sounds like KISS/Emotion eras Carly. Great comeback!

these reviews seem so encouraging! cant wait to hear it with full on focus in about an hour or so when it finally drops in my country.

till then, i'll spend the next hour watching the new interviews. also, loveee this rolling stone article. she looks gorgeous too

The album is very mellow yes but also incredibly honest? I wasnt expecting her to be this upfront about what's on her mind and it's such an easy listen. You're vibing and she hits you with an insane line and you're left wondering did she just?

I know there's no bawps but I wouldnt sacrifice the pacing and theme of the album for a banger that sticks out. She sounds so sweet and the album has a lot of replay value I think

I LOVE this so much. Tell Me That Won't Happen is that girl on first listen.

She added another show in my state

I'm going get another ticket

I need to experience this multiple times

Plus I'm sure it will be a long time before Hilary ever tours again

Since Hilary still has acting commitments

the Carly Rae of it all.....the emotional honesty....I'm LIVING....ghostface

The album's cute. Definitely not better than most of her work (self-titled, Dignity and BIBO remain superior IMO), but I appreciate the cohesiveness throughout. I do love the songwriting overall, and how relatable many of the lyrics are. I still think BIBO is a better album sonically, and I would've loved an anthem like Stay In Love or One In A Million.

I wish she would've delved deeper into the pop/rock sound she teased with Mature. I do feel small hints of it in some of the songs like Growing Up, Weather for Tennis, and You From The Honeymoon, but damn, I wish we would've gotten some Jericho-esque track, or an Anywhere But Here. Maybe next time!

My favorites are Mature, Growing Up, Weather For Tennis, You From The Honeymoon (I'm a pop-rockie lol), and The Optimist. I actually loved the folklore influence on that track, and the lyrics are probably among her strongest.

I'll give it a 7/10 upon first listen. This may change and I may (or may not) become addicted to it and move it up in the ranks above BIBO, but only time will tell.

Can't wait for the Mine versions!

1 hour ago, Bad Decisions said:

Overall I really enjoyed the album and honestly probably IS her strongest work to date. I know Dignity is such a fan favourite (mine as well) but having gone through her discography to prepare for 'luck…' there were a few clunkers on that album whereas here everything is cohesive. Also lyrically it's her strongest, imo. Yes again a few questionable lines but the maturity and relatability is here. It's a very honest album. I think IF she were to continue her music career and release another album in a year or two she will only get better. It seems she's finally in a place where she knows herself artistically, the sound she wants to cultivate, and the type of artist she wants to be.

Your right about that I always skip dreamer on dignity that song does nothing for me

I don't get why people like no work all play I always skipped that one too

The Dignity slander on this page is starting to get to me! rogue

going to walmart tomorrow and get the physical just so i can get the mine tracks jonny3 can't wait to listen to this

I enjoyed it, can't say its my favourite Hilary album.

Dignity and Most Wanted will always be my fav albums.

It's a cute album though.

OMG! First listen and no skips for me. She's on fire...

Queen, we've missed you heart2

oh wow, my Queen is back with an excellent body of work.

the strengths of this album? I agree with users here who said its a very mellow album. but even so, each song sounds unique and work really cohesively as a body of work. her vocals are also very gentle and somehow go along very well with the sound. lyrically too she really exposed herself, its raw and introspective. and the use of profanities too whew, BIBO and her predecessors are shooketh.

i claimed The Optimist from the start and boy was i RIGHT! its such SUCH a tearjerker i cant help to wonder if she shed a tear recording it. although, i think it might be a difficult song for a crowd to sing along live. each chorus is worded differently and the song is very…wordy. beautiful nonetheless.

my other faves are Holiday Party, Growing Up & Adult Size Medium. i find it really genius too that the album closes by mentioning the album title!

and i think several other users and i said somewhere in one of these topics that Matt really left his mark all over this album and boy he did. i feel like the songs here wouldnt sound out of place on his band's 2nd EP - where the tracks were mellow and dreamy.

the weakness? i guess on first listen, i think probably We Dont Talk could be given a bit more room to breathe. Weather for Tennis feels very mid-2000s (complimentary!) but came across abit monotonous to me at first? the live performance really went off and set high expectations i guess.

but otherwise, its a well-crafted work and feels like she finally got to make the scrapped This Heart record she wanted a decade ago. brb lemme repeat the album again before i head to bed.

My order has just now been created. I'll prolly get it a whole week after the album's release date. deadbanana4

At least she's shipping to my country.

28 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

The way everyone has different fave tracks omg

this gets me excited...

3 minutes ago, MikeyDuff1D said:

How are people listening to this already?

We were on flights to New Zealand & Australia earlier today!

5 minutes ago, MikeyDuff1D said:

How are people listening to this already?

different time zones!

It's such a solid album; definitely more true to Hilary than I feel like Breathe In. Breathe Out. ended up being (but I do love that album for what it was). And knowing what This Heart was to be, this feels like the album she has waited over a decade to make.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.