Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tom_X

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tom_X

  1. I'm digging it. It sounds SOOO her. Especially the chorus, it has this nice boppy vibe while still feeling kinda rock-ish? Can we also talk about the vocals? I've been missing Hilary's power vocals. This sounds closer to what we remember her for than most of the tracks on LOS. I definitely want more of this on her next album, not necessarily sound-wise, but vocal-wise. Supporting this decade's "Siamese Cat Song."
  2. Guessing we'll get a proper snippet in a couple of hours when it comes out in NZ. Not expecting much, tbh, but new music is always welcome!
  3. Doubtful that will happen, and even if it did, the same would happen on the other side and people who did soundcheck this year will complain about not having an individual picture with Hilary.
  4. It would be great to ask her, then again, she probably won't even remember 😂. She doesn't even remember the Best Of photoshoot (which is actually the Japanese Dignity shoot)
  5. Completely random, but I just read a comment saying the Most Wanted cover is kind of a double entendre. The cover looks like a mugshot, so she's literally "most wanted." Ugh, her mind.
  6. I hope they'll upload it. Avril Lavigne did one in 2019 and they never did
  7. Ugh, the 2027 shirt is SO GORGEOUS. Why couldn't we have something like that for this year's leg?
  8. What Christmas Should Be is such a banger and it's by far the only song from that album that doesn't sound like it's catered to 13 year-olds. I can definitely see her performing it, it was also kinda big back in the day when Cheaper by the Dozen came out. Leaving this iconic one here (btw, she's singing live, partially at least) HILARY DUFF "What Christmas Should Be" Live at Rockefeller Center 2004
  9. Jingle Ball CONFIRMED https://www.instagram.com/p/DdtaZGURHUf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&stkn=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ== Please have her sing What Christmas Should Be!
  10. I can't imagine her skipping London entirely even if she just came back. She can easily fit in a London show at least, we'll see. On the other hand, The Getaway has reached #1 spot on iTunes Brazil. Lucky them, they'll 100% get that song!
  11. She's too Gen-Z. The crowd are mostly people in their 30s and 40s. Most of them have no idea who she is unless they know Friday from 15 years ago when she was like 13. La Roux was also a strange choice and the crowd mostly didn't vibe with her. I feel this will be a similar case. Didn't know Rebecca Black was queer tho, so that's a plus at least.
  12. Not Rebecca Black . Who TF is calling the shots here? Literally her only known song is that cheesy and cringe Friday song. Honestly, there are so many other artists that would make much sense with her and her music style. Michelle Branch, Ashlee Simpson, Jesse McCartney, or Aly & AJ would make so much more sense with Hilary's sound and age demographic.
  13. Wait, Hollywood Records shared her story 👀
  14. Apart from the tour dates, it could be the trailer for the documentary! I'm so excited either way. The way we're being fed by Hil, I'm so proud of her and how she's reclaimed and embraced her music career and taken it to uncharted territory. BTW, I opened one of the air fresheners from the VIP tour bag, the Come Clean one, and it's so crisp and refreshing. My closet smells amazing. I'm in love with it lol.
  15. Also! Possible docu tidbit: They interviewed me and about five more fans right before her set and they made the first group sign what seemed to be NDAs and we were asked to say our names and that we authorized the use of our image for whatever purpose it was for. We basically had to talk about how we became fans, what Hilary meant to us and what song we resonated with the most off of LOS. I didn't get to sign any papers, since they said they had to hurry up and needed our consent in video form to make it faster, but I wonder if it could be for the documentary! Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  16. Ok, so this was tricky. Apparently, after the Dublin, Cardiff and Manchester shows, people with Mature Early Entry started complaining about letting Soundcheck passholders in before them, so the O2 venue was more fair this time and made us all go in at the same time. Some of us had Soundcheck + Golden Circle or VIP Mature, so they honored that as well. In the end, we arrived to the barricade a few seconds before the Early Entry holders. I also had Mature Early Entry for Dublin and the organization kind of did whatever they wanted and let all the soundcheck holders stay in the venue. This time, it was a lot more organized and I'd say fair. I think Hilary needs to re-arrange the experiences, as the conflict will remain otherwise. I'd say she does a smaller Soundcheck experience of 50 ppl or less (which could open the doors to individual pics), and then let the Early Entry holders in. They will still get either barricade on the left or right side or second row in the middle, which is still a great spot. IDK, either that or merge the Soundcheck and Mature Early Entry into a single package, but that would make the Soundcheck experience less intimate as there could easily be 250+ people per date.
  17. Had soundcheck today. I got to talk to Hilary!! I asked her if she'd consider performing The Getaway and she said not tonight, but we should keep an eye out for future shows. Said that she needed to save some tracks for upcoming shows and legs. She also complimented my shirt after I said "please, this t-shirt is begging for it" (it was an old school HD Fly single shirt) and said "ahhh you're so cute for saying that" she's such a sweetheart! I wish I could've recorded our interaction, but they were super strict about the "no phones" policy. I also told her we'd do the talking part for her and she smiled and laughed. She was like "okay!". Then we had her flip the coin between Stranger and Tattoo as the crowd was super divided (I wanted Tattoo). Hilary wanted to do both but her musical director was like "nope". Stranger won, but it sounded amazing live! She said she can't wait to fully start working on a new album and that it's most likely still going to be within the LOS lane. However, she said it's been challenging to write as she basically poured the last 15 years of her life (probably forgot about BIBO lol) into these lyrics and she's still figuring out what she'll write about. She also mentioned she can't imagine anyone else producing her music than Matthew now, so we can assume she'll stick to him, at least for now. I'm personally fine with that. It was a great experience overall!! You get to actually ask her questions and talk to her. Due to time constrains, she can't talk to every single person, but she answered between 5 or 6 questions from the crowd in total. I'd highly recommend doing it, it's super intimate and feels like you're talking to a friend. Not too optimistic about the photo though, as I wasn't even in the barricade for soundcheck, but I'm just happy I got to interact with her!
  18. I'm not a fan of The Math either, but after seeing her perform it this time around, I kinda have a newfound appreciation for it! lol. I mean, I would prefer The Getaway or almost any other song over it, but her performances have been great. And also, even if it's not my fave, I'd rather she sang it than not. We would've gotten an extra song in Dublin. If she was giggling when the fans chanted The Getaway, it means she knows ppl want it. We just need to be louder and someone needs to request it while she's doing soundcheck!
  19. I'm sorry to hear that!! Sending love your way ❤️
  20. I still think it's criminal each album gets at least two songs each minus self-titled. The album was massively successful even though it had no single other than Fly. The Getaway is non-negotiable at this point, either that or SWOM. But I feel The Getaway would blend better with the overall vibe of the show. IMO, this setlist would be perfectly balanced with one more self-titled song + a special request every other night (from any of her past eras), and keep it for a few nights like she did with The Math.
  21. Quick recap of the Dublin show. She was gorgeous and the performance was great. She always has that bubbly energy that is so contagious and it just lightens any room. On the flip side, I was a bit pissed she introduced Why Not as an actual request from the fans. Girl, we know it's been a staple since day one. Couldn't she at least play The Math? I was disappointed we didn't get any changes at all from the US tour setlist-wise. I want to think she'll add more as the dates progress, but still a bummer. At soundcheck, it seems she hinted that she'll do an actual European tour next year, so we'll have to see what happens with that. Oh and she had a Guiness. Unlike that Love & Hate interview where she didn't like it, this time she actually changed her mind and enjoyed taking a few sips, but still said it had a bitter aftertaste lol. Great show. IMO, SRBN London show was better energy-wise and just the whole vibe was so special it would've been hard to replicate, but I enjoyed it! She was super talkative with the crowd, telling us about some places she visited in Dublin, and kept expressing her gratitude for everyone in the room. Great show, can't wait for everyone in the UK to experience it!
  22. Ugh, Dangerous To Know was such a sexy song back when I first listened to it 20 years ago haha. I remember being like "Hilary, what are you up to? That's no Lizzie anymore" That and the "standing naked in the room" from Underneath this Smile was like "Girl, she's growing up"
  23. OMG the tea! Thanks so much @Duffaholic ! So so exciting to be a Duffer (yes, it is and forever will be Duffers for me) at this moment. A year ago, I would've literally laughed at anyone's face had they told me we'd be about to get her most active musical era since Dignity or even Most Wanted. Not expecting too much from the Deluxe, tbh. Probs a couple more "mamma of four with the hot husband" type of songs, very chill and in tune with LOS, but I AM excited to see she's literally recording new music for her next album already!! Having said that, I really need a new direction for the next era. I'm not part of the electro/dance hype train though. I would love more rock on the next album, something more alternative and fresh, but still pop. I feel she also shines best when singing her pop-rock tunes than any of the dance stuff on stage. Not asking for self-titled 2.0 even though it would be my dream, but something a bit more rooted in rock would make this gay pop-rock/alt stan VERY happy. Ugh, never cared about Pretty Ugly, tbh. We had over 10 years of her on TV, we need her to stay fully in music for at least one more era.
  24. She's 100% teasing it. IT'S COMING.
  25. Listening to the self-titled on the CD I bought back in 2006, not the reissue with the distorted sound, and it's such a masterpiece. The vocal production, the instrumentation, the lyrics, ughhh… I feel like it's criminally underrated. Hollywood Records really butchered the era from the get-go. The Getaway could've easily been a Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 back in 2004/2005. She sounds so good on heavy-guitar, mid-tempo bangers (Weird, Underneath This Smile, Shine, I Am). That's why I would love another pop-rock album from her, even if it sounded more like Most Wanted. On The Getaway right now and manifesting for it to be added to the setlist. Plus, it's a favorite of hers (she said it on the Dignity tour lol), she just needs to get over the spoken part lmao. Also, my god, streaming has completely skewed our perception of audio quality. CD sounds so much better! Go grab your old CDs, ppl.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.