Everything posted by djcalpal
-
Hilary Duff - "CATastrophe"
Oh I'm GAGGGGING. Miss Duff you're so catty.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
She could probably still do August festivals (Lolla, Osheaga etc). Most of those require 3 month exclusivities, so this would put her in the clear - but let's see. I feel like she might come over to Europe for headline shows + festivals over the summer, which I think is a good strategic move given some of her most in-demand markets are over here.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
Search and you shall find...
-
Troye Sivan - "Canada Dry"
I feel like Canada is really having a moment in popular culture right now, and as someone who grew up there we absolutely love to see it.
-
Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - Round 12 (pg. 34)
SAVE One Step Away OFF Love Without Words
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
SPEAK ON IT. This should be getting all the pop music discourse right now... instead of dunking on Miley and Taylor for releasing mediocre work, let's celebrate Carly for reinventing the wheel and continuing to deliver EXCELLENCE. It's infuriating.
-
ATRL Original Op-Ed: Taylor doubles down on white supremacy on “Cleveland!,” why?
I am historically very pro-Taylor, but you kinda cleared her with this ngl.
-
Empress Of - 'Dream House'
I feel bad not getting around to this last week in all the chaos of Carly Rae's immaculate offering. I like Missing Out On, Trainsong and the title track a lot!
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
Need a Jack Antonoff produced divorce album ASAP.
-
Ashlee Simpson - 'I Am Me (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition)'
The smashery that was In Another Life, Beautifully Broken, Coming Back For More and Dancing Alone all being in the first half of this album. Whewwww chile!
-
Rose Gray - "Blink Twice"
I loved her debut album, but everything since has felt very much 'pandering to East London gays' and just comes across as circuit party slop.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
Burning Heart slander will not be tolerated in this house.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I want to be as positive as possible here, as Taylor gets enough flack from Twitter incels. These just don't really add anything to the original body of work for me... Patient Zero is serviceable, but how are these the same people who created Blank Space and Wildest Dreams!?!?!? I was hoping for something more immediate and impactful. I like the choruses on Cleveland! Pink Clouding was probably the least memorable for me after first listen. Babylon is cute.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Hmmm not blown away on first listen, but hoping it grows on me.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
The only songs I ever skip after 13 listens (I have a problem) are Just A Little Walk On The Moon, No Labels I Love You, and Wild Child. And I don't dislike any of these, I just love the other 21 tracks so much and want to get to them faster. What an album!!!
-
Carly Rae Jepsen teases new music coming October 9th
I think it's going to be a features / collabs project.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
The MagBay collab is COMING.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
24 more tracks coming in 2 weeks IKTR!
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
OH SHE'S TAKING IT AND GETTING THAT REDEMPTION.
-
Madonna - CONFESSIONS II - The Album Survivor - Round 12 (pg. 34)
SAVE One Step Away OFF Love Without Words
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
I love the vocal phrasing on the verses of Habits of Creatures - reminds me of the verses from The Art of Starting Over by Demi Lovato.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Oh Ella sweetie it's over for you I fear.
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
This should be getting 5M daily streams but I believe in sleeper hits, so I'm hoping this becomes a cult classic. Also the tastelessness of Habits of Creatures being the only track not to gain!!!
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
WITH ALL THE COURAGE OF A LION
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - 'Day and Night'
You Don't Know How It Feels is really moving something in me tonight.