I got signed to Carly Rae Jepsen's label | Debut EP 'The Plea' out now!

MatiRod

I'm so late. Can't wait to hear it! I need something new to listen to.

• Like 1

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MatiRod

• Iceland

• SoldierofLove

• The Next Day

okay i'm actually obsessed with close your eyes :jonny4: the way it completes a personal trinity / musical universe

close your eyes

/                            \

good luck babe     __       sever the blight

chappell roan               hemlocke springs

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 2:34 PM, Schami66 said:

Close Your Eyes is sooo catchy. I really love it and pre-saved the EP.

On 7/31/2024 at 3:11 PM, The Next Day said:

Probably the first time I ever pre-saved something. Great Escape and CYE already have secure spots in my favorite songs of 2024 list :gayriahcat2:

On 7/31/2024 at 4:08 PM, Iceland said:

Pre saved :heart:

Ready for more bops 

On 7/31/2024 at 5:33 PM, brenda-walsh said:

just added Close Your Eyes to my summer playlist! its such a bop and i love the depeche mode/ 80s synthpop influence :jonny5:

pre-saved your album and wishing you all the best king!

Thank you so much for pre-saving the EP :hug: It really does help, shows Spotify there's a growing audience, it's a marathon not a race but I'm super proud of the new songs and so excited for people to finally hear them!!

On 7/31/2024 at 2:51 PM, Scandalous said:

show c*ck for promo KING :WAP: 

I-

Congrats!!! I will give this a listen in the morning! :heart:

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 5:51 PM, Scandalous said:

show c*ck for promo KING :WAP: 

x2 :duca:

• Haha 1

OMG Congrats. I'll check it out later :heart:

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator

Oh damn Glowing is great dude!

• Like 1

Omg love all the tracks Mati! @MatiRod

Glowing/close your eyes/great escape 

:jonny6:

We need the lyrics for el vencedor and glowing on Apple Music tho :gaycat3:

• Like 1

Congrats!! I'll listen when I get home from work and I'll post my opinions. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lee!! said:

Oh damn Glowing is great dude!

Thank you!! And thank you so much for the feature on the front page :chick3:

12 hours ago, Iceland said:

Omg love all the tracks Mati! @MatiRod

Glowing/close your eyes/great escape 

:jonny6:

We need the lyrics for el vencedor and glowing on Apple Music tho :gaycat3:

Thank you :heart: They're coming! It takes a few days to load

• Like 1

Happy release day!:party: Love the EP, it's a 1-2-3-4-5 punch, even the Christmas song doesn't feel out of place. I love the sequencing, a lot of artists actually don't think about the flow so it's great to hear that you care (Glowing into CYE into GE is very pleasing, and then the first and last lyric of the EP referencing snow, I see what you did there).

The first three songs are really catchy and perfect pop. I will add Snow Angel to my Christmas playlists for sure. And The Winner sounds different and a little experimental, keeps me excited for your album! I will patiently for that, but everything I've heard sounds very promising. I hope you make it to Germany sometime, you have at least one fan here:gaycat4: But also synth pop never goes out of style here, so I bet there are a lot of others who would be interested.

• Like 1

Just listened to it a few times and I have to say I genuinely like every single song! Glowing is definitely my favorite, I'm obsessed with it (I didn't think anything would surpass Close Your Eyes tho)! Also I love how when you play it on repeat, Snow Angel into Glowing works so well! :heart:

• Like 1

Amazing ep! Great choice to open the EP with Glowing, it immediately hooked me on the project and tbh I could see it becoming a hit :clap3:

We need The Winner [Extended Version] with more of that reaggeton-esque outro

• Like 1

Streaming now!!

• Like 1

This is a great debut EP! Congrats! :clap3: Now add a few more songs and make it an album!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Next Day said:

Happy release day!:party: Love the EP, it's a 1-2-3-4-5 punch, even the Christmas song doesn't feel out of place. I love the sequencing, a lot of artists actually don't think about the flow so it's great to hear that you care (Glowing into CYE into GE is very pleasing, and then the first and last lyric of the EP referencing snow, I see what you did there).

The first three songs are really catchy and perfect pop. I will add Snow Angel to my Christmas playlists for sure. And The Winner sounds different and a little experimental, keeps me excited for your album! I will patiently for that, but everything I've heard sounds very promising. I hope you make it to Germany sometime, you have at least one fan here:gaycat4: But also synth pop never goes out of style here, so I bet there are a lot of others who would be interested.

Thank you so much for saying all this!! Yes i care so much about sequencing the songs, I laboured over it quite a bit haha. For me Snow Angel was always more of a song that uses Xmas (but more generally December because there's other holidays too) as a setting rather than being part of the typical Christmas genre about Santa or Jesus and whatnot, so I thought it still fit. It's funny you mention Germany too because I have a ton of streams from there, I think it's my second biggest country on Apple Music which is my biggest platform rn.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mephisto said:

Just listened to it a few times and I have to say I genuinely like every single song! Glowing is definitely my favorite, I'm obsessed with it (I didn't think anything would surpass Close Your Eyes tho)! Also I love how when you play it on repeat, Snow Angel into Glowing works so well! :heart:

Thank you!! :heart: "Glowing" is the 'focus track' so that's where all the promo $ from the label is going now, I love it too, excited to see what it can do

3 hours ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

Amazing ep! Great choice to open the EP with Glowing, it immediately hooked me on the project and tbh I could see it becoming a hit :clap3:

We need The Winner [Extended Version] with more of that reaggeton-esque outro

Thank you!! :heart2: I might do that if there's enough interest in terms of streams, I thought about doing the whole song as kind of a slow reggaeton thing, how Rosalia of me lol

59 minutes ago, SoldierofLove said:

This is a great debut EP! Congrats! :clap3: Now add a few more songs and make it an album!

Thank u! :heart: There is a whole album coming, and I'm not talking just a couple more songs, just you wait :coffee:

Edited by MatiRod
  • Like 3

The cover is giving Iggy's Wicked Lips. And that's a compliment! 

We love apple imagery! 

• Like 1

Glowing is so good, dude! 

• Like 1

:jonny3:

• Like 1

CLOSE YOUR EYES :soda: This is lowkey a vibe

Idk why but I get Supercut by Lorde vibes

• Like 1

I love what u did in the last minute of The Winner :D 

• Like 1

I loved your EP! It's all killer, no filler. A solid 8/10 :bird:

• Like 1

congratulations, will be streaming soon :duca:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.