Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Troye Sivan - "Party"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 416
  • Views 23.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

25 minutes ago, TheFireLexus said:

Poor guy. I've followed him since the start of his career and it seems clear to me that despite posturing as bold, this song (and video) are the result of Troye being insecure about what he brings to the table as an artist. He has zero confidence in himself as a vocalist (which is why he won't even try to improve). He has no faith in himself as a songwriter (which is why he won't write anything, not even his features, without Leland). So he's decided what he has to offer in the form of artistry is this forced edgy provocative persona.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's genuine and all this is from his heart. Idk. But I'm just not buying it.

I feel like he had an actual perspective in his work through In A Dream and his releases since then have shifted towards this image of a generic party gay with no identity and little to say. rip

I knew being closely associated with Charli XCX would ruin him. She is a plague on the entertainment industry.

Wow this is giving Rihanna's Friend of Mine in terms of repetitiveness. It almost feels lazy. A shame a Madonna sample was wasted on this.

Oh Troye, you are taking the worst instincts from Charli, instead of her positive ones.

6 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

do you go into every single thread that has "talking verses" in a song and just trash talk? i dont get it.

sing talk verses who do it well, madonna, tinashe, charli etc
troye's vocal fry isnt sensual as he think it is, not to mention the song relies so much on music's sample

_____
as for mnek, you know he can do way better with tempo, spit bars whatever, you know how adventurous his runs are - he can do that with the sing talk but he did not for gargantuan vs reverse (better song)

stop being in your basic dynamic taste and ask for better SONGS

the joykills in this thread. the song is a bop! when did people start taking themselves so seriously? loosen up!

and the video absolutely takes it up a level. obsessed with it

The video is absolutely incredible and he's slaying the choreo, but all of that was wasted on this song. WHY is he not singing and just talking again? The random Madonna sample (which I love, but it does not fit here), the lack of proper lyrics? Who the hell has gotten into his head telling him that this was great?

Also, the fact that this song has 8 writers is kinda sending me: Troye Sivan, Tyde Levi, Leland, Tove Burman, Luka Kloser, ELVIRA, Styalz Fuego, Rob LFO

i don't wanna be like "charli is influencing him!! (derogatory)" because charli is one of my favorite artists and she's doing a lot of cool stuff recently

BUT i have to say this kind of song structure is def inspired by her lol she loves a repetitive song with mostly one section being played over and over (b2b, next level charli, 2007) but at least those songs have a little something else going on, a little bridge or something. the only thing this has is... a sample

Leave Charli out of this. Stop blaming women for the failures of a man.

Was ready to not like this because of the talk-singing, but I love it, it's scratching some particular area of my brain. Yas twink, yas party, yas XCX!

Pretty obscure reference on my end but a lot of the talk-singing this era feels reminiscent of The Radio Dept.

Cute song, better video than the song but it's still not as bad as people are saying. I love the Music sample clap3

why does he have everything except the songs this era... and the thing is he does have the songs but the repetitiveness and the lack of vocals is ruining it for me and i would love it so much otherwise ace

the production has been incredible its just. sing boy SING

Edited by romanhoIiday

He is the only homosexual serving ANYTHING in the pop scene, and I'm here for it.

rogue2

7 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I feel like he had an actual perspective in his work through In A Dream and his releases since then have shifted towards this image of a generic party gay with no identity and little to say. rip

I knew being closely associated with Charli XCX would ruin him. She is a plague on the entertainment industry.

Yes up until then he seemed to care about good songwriting but it feels like he's just... given up on that. And it's quite sad how many gay artists seem to think embracing their gayness means they must sacrifice depth in their music. I don't know why but it seems like a real struggle to balance "fun" with actually having something to say. George Michael didn't die for this.

The song is uninspired but if I go out tomorrow night and hear it at the club after a few vodkas I'll be into it 100%. It's a party song and I guess it serves its purpose.

Video also gets its 10's from me, incredible.

The Madonna sample is kinda cute though if the album is supposed to be a tribute to women he admires. Won't be listening to it much on its own but I think I'll enjoy it more within the context of the album. MV is neat.

20 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I feel like he had an actual perspective in his work through In A Dream and his releases since then have shifted towards this image of a generic party gay with no identity and little to say. rip

I knew being closely associated with Charli XCX would ruin him. She is a plague on the entertainment industry.

He's always been a husk that mimics the trending themes & sounds that are prevalent in online gay culture at his designated time of recording so this is very fitting

This is probably the best video of the year but the song is a bit of a miss for me. And I liked shes the best so idk maybe it will grow on me.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.