Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

Pretty sure she already got the top 10 locked down, what a triumph jonny2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

madison beer stan speaking on good music is a kiiiii

content.thumb.png.91961c0c1b94c305f30421

Ma'am that's Mabel

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Views 123.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

I need another updated chart prediction. I already know it's likely to go top ten but I'd like some confirmation.

This is actually a really strong and interesting album. It sounds so fresh and unique. I'm genuinely impressed. Sorry to say, but I always thought she was more of a desperate trend chaser who just threw things out there to see what would stick. This album definitely changed my mind. My favorites are Too Easy, Melatonin, Crash Out and Cloud 9.

I'm really curious how her longtime fans must be feeling right now after this crazy redemption arc. This must be like a dream come true, the kind of moment that usually never happens when you've been a fan of someone off mainstream for so many years.

This lowkey stomps on SFY as her best record for me. Justice for Bouncin

jonny2

12 minutes ago, Troll Idle said:

Sorry to say, but I always thought she was more of a desperate trend chaser who just threw things out there to see what would stick.

This is what RCA tried to turn her into but she managed to escape that sh!thole.

5 hours ago, MusicIsMyMaster said:

My fault, think my panties gonna drop
Nonstop, puttin' that cherry on top
Unannounced, runnin' butt naked 'round the house

Dancing GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY

I thought we was saying 'think my penny's gonna drop' rip

Album is great and I had no expectations. Faves are Too Easy, I'd Rather Be Alone, Melatonin, Empty Stadium and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore.

Random thought, but as I was listening I felt like this was the type of album Rihanna should be making if she ever returns to music.

Everything is crazy around the release week of this album.

I'm genuinely surprised because the singles weren't making any noise before.

Sadly, I'm not a big fan of the project, I kinda lost appeal with her work since BB ANGEL era. Popstar is a bit too overproduced for my old ears (even if I have around the same age as Tinashe lol)

But I love her and I'm so happy for her right now.

Hope the GP will wake up and start listening to the rest of her discography rather than being stuck with 2 On and that awful No Broke Boys remix.

Save Room For Us, get ready baby.

Y'all will drag me but Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore kinda sounds like JT's Filthy mandown

The album is great clap3it feels like a good continuation of her discography. I think she was influenced a bit by fka twigs. Some songs are a bit Caprisongs flavored.

I LOVE Twentyfive Eight and Empty Stadium heart

I don't love the vocal processing on Heavy Weight. It makes the vocal sound garbled and I don't think she needs it.

I

2 minutes ago, °ColdFire° said:

US Apple Music

#8 (+2) Popstar

I can't believe this level of success weeps

  • Popular Post

I can't even explain how I'm genuinely so happy for her, I thought she was gonna having a 185 debut Billboard 200 album and some decent critical acclaim but near top 10 and with a Pitchfork 9.0 BNM is crazy jonny I legit got goosebumps when I read her last tweet thanking everybody, this is basically getting word of mouth'd and I'm so glad people are finally recognizing Tinashe's talent after years accusing her of being a nobody with no personality. This is for the stans that supported and remained with her even at her "worst" (I still have PTSD for every Joyride thread being created with the supposed release dates and the drama on them). I hope RCA is realizing what talent they have lost, **** them clap3

1 hour ago, DivaCup said:

The album is great clap3it feels like a good continuation of her discography. I think she was influenced a bit by fka twigs. Some songs are a bit Caprisongs flavored.

I LOVE Twentyfive Eight and Empty Stadium heart

I don't love the vocal processing on Heavy Weight. It makes the vocal sound garbled and I don't think she needs it.

I heard the twigs influence immediately, but not only cs.

4 hours ago, Nashe said:

signed actual vinyl or with signed insert? because the signed inserts are not sold out on the European store

https://shop.tinashenow.com/en-eu

Signed on the vinyl :(

https://www.hitsdailydouble.com/charts/midweek-20

Dropped one place because of Kenny Chesney "Meanwhile, Kenny Chesney's Silver Sands Marina (Warner) moves up to #6 thanks to a sizable D2C component"

#16 TINASHE | POPSTAR

ATLANTIC (WMG)

Activity 27,000

Albums 15,000

Doesn't look like it includes the increased activity from yesterday and video variant

Edited by Tinashebanks

double post bc Tinashe got ATRL crashing bibliahh

Anyway another morning at the office streaming POPSTAR on loop

Edited by willmcclure9

11 hours ago, Angelshark said:

I think so too. This album is really no better or worse than 333 or SFY

11 hours ago, Cotton said:

I literally have the same sentiment. I'll even come out and say that Aquarius, Nightride and SFY are better.

I think this sentiment can be chalked down to a new wave of fans she's experiencing but either way I'm glad that this project is resonating so well!

You two get it jonny The downvotes though rip

10 hours ago, sophiesunscreen said:

you can hear the determination and focus here vs the other albums,
sounds like how brat, desire i want to turn into you, nfr, magdalene were

I agree with the comparisons to brat, desire i want to turn into you, nfr, magdalene, but what is more focused about this than say Nightride or Aquarius? more focused on having short songs maybe skull

anyway i don't want it to seem like I don't like the album, it's excellent, like majority of her albums. I just feel bitter for Aquarius and Nightride being underrated cries

2 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Y'all will drag me but Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore kinda sounds like JT's Filthy mandown

Lmaooooo I thought this exact same thing!!!

12 minutes ago, willmcclure9 said:

So happy with all the praise, the Pitchfork score is crazy.

What is so random for me though, is the glazing of THIS specific album is so... stange? don't get me wrong its so excellent, but so are all her other albums (minus Joyride rip). Its not like Popstar is leagues ahead quality wise, Aquarius, Nightride, SFY, 333 and Popstar are all so close in quality, any combination of these as a top 3 would be valid to me. Curious to hear from people who are loving this album but don't like her previous work, why?

Anyway happy for mother that she is finally getting the praise she has deserved since Aquarius jonny

Popstar is unique in Tinashe's discography because it is very succinct while still executing its concept perfectly; every song means something to the overall theme, sounds necessary next to each other, and helps to tell a story while still being an actually progressive, artful, ******* bop

As its been said, this feels like a real culmination of her entire career, not only with actual references to the past, but in the sounds explored, its like glimpses of Nightride, then Songs for You, then Aquarius etc...but it doesnt feel like a reheat...more like an extremely precise refinement of what made those sounds pop - that alone would score major points in a scoring system

Soo i think what's taking it over the edge critically is this very locked-in, maximized, confident af package (which makes the album cover more conceptually interesting...)

It may not seem as adventurous/explorative as her previous works, but in giving us this chaotic and complicated and c*nty perspective of a Popstar while still remaining very vulnerable, forward-thinking ("Sunglasses" is her best opener ever...Melatonin obvious best pop song of the year...Janet, Britney, twigs, Bjork-Worship on one album...I mean who else???) It's all very impressive !

I knew this would be her hottest album, and it is

42 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

https://www.hitsdailydouble.com/charts/midweek-20

Dropped one place because of Kenny Chesney "Meanwhile, Kenny Chesney's Silver Sands Marina (Warner) moves up to #6 thanks to a sizable D2C component"

#16 TINASHE | POPSTAR

ATLANTIC (WMG)

Activity 27,000

Albums 15,000

Doesn't look like it includes the increased activity from yesterday and video variant

They did the same thing yesterday. They are trolling at this point

Love this quick little run down of her previous score from P4K

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.