Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

Melatonin and nobody wants to dance anymore are the hit off the album. They needs to playlist them heavy and send them both to radios.

Melatonin: Dance/electronic and rhythmic radio

Nobody wants to dance anymore: Pop radio

Edited by nuclear

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Views 139k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • Indie Go Mind
    Indie Go Mind

    She's so joyous and grateful! Also great call back to one of her best songs.

Atlantic needs to get moving and get NIN on Nobody wants to dance anymore & Charlie xcx on Melatonin. They need to get moving on the radio campaigns. I know some of yall wants to wait until next year but the hype could died by then, If they start now they will have a heads start. Epic waited with Chanel and by the time holiday music was over people had moved on. Don't want a repeat.

I'm sure her team did NOT expect this wave of good will,success and acclaim shaping up on the album's debut week. How they keep the ball rolling and maintain the hype could be crucial in helping Tinashe reach even greater highs in her career.

Nobody Wanna Dance & Melatonin both doing Anymore doing 400k+ with barely any playlisting is crazy.

I think HitsDD is undercounting her streams from the last two days cause her SEA is the same as ms Rachel but it was charting higher on both AM and Spotify I think we sneak #7 at 34k

1 minute ago, Indie Go Mind said:

I'm sure her team did NOT expect this wave of good will,success and acclaim shaping up on the album's debut week. How they keep the ball rolling and maintain the hype could be crucial in helping Tinashe reach even greater highs in her career.

I think they should seed Melatonin to radio now since that has the most socials presence and then revamp NBWD as a remix single with a B+ feature who is also hungry in the new year with video and pop radio push. (Stateside method)

Secure SNL in the meantime.

Lots of live content from the shows needs to be pushed/seeded to TikTok, and keep the social presence going on socials via stuff like Ziwe/Quen.

31 minutes ago, Indie Go Mind said:

I'm sure her team did NOT expect this wave of good will,success and acclaim shaping up on the album's debut week. How they keep the ball rolling and maintain the hype could be crucial in helping Tinashe reach even greater highs in her career.

How they handle things from now on will determine our arena tour dreams weeps

31 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

Nobody Wanna Dance & Melatonin both doing Anymore doing 400k+ with barely any playlisting is crazy.

I think HitsDD is undercounting her streams from the last two days cause her SEA is the same as ms Rachel but it was charting higher on both AM and Spotify I think we sneak #7 at 34k

I know no one could have predicted what has happened, but they needs to get to work and get the playlist payola going. Monday there will be some great press with this going top 10. I hope some promo (Ziwe, keke, Quen) are ready and strong playlisting to capitalize.

It funny you said that about the stream, I was thinking the same thing. With Tuesday predictions they had her at 12K sales from streaming and her streams had improved a lot across all platforms after that. I also think physical sales is off too. She had multiple soldout vinyls, many vinyl store exclusive that soldout, physical sales meet and greet and parties, and I know iTunes ain't **** but she been #1 iTunes over Taylor swift since Monday with multiple variants. It weird for all that to happen for her to only sold 19K. So without ITunes boost she would have only sold 7K physical ? When SFY sold 3K vinyl in couple hours and that was 6 years ago.

25 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

I think they should seed Melatonin to radio now since that has the most socials presence and then revamp NBWD as a remix single with a B+ feature who is also hungry in the new year with video and pop radio push. (Stateside method)

Secure SNL in the meantime.

Lots of live content from the shows needs to be pushed/seeded to TikTok, and keep the social presence going on socials via stuff like Ziwe/Quen.

I think that maybe too long wait for NWTDA but double single is risky and melatonin is doing the best.

I think she has a great chance on scoring SNL this time. I was thinking a late night show interview and performance for melatonin but how would she perform that? The only way she can perform this if it is a performance skit where she turns the studio into a nightclub and have dancers and everybody dancing like nobody watching. She has a night with a popstar coming soon, hopefully she has a plan live stream on a streaming platform.

ima just say it now because I'm a visionary………..TOP 5?

msmarvel

6 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/official-hip-hop-and-r-and-b-albums-chart/20261002/115/

#1 on the UK R&B albums chart but if we're being honest, Popstar is more than just an R&B album imo but it's nice seeing it's #1 on an actual music chart in a major music market even if it's a sub-genre one.

The album blends a lot of genres but I'm glad it got a #1 somewhere. It wouldn't have gotten it in Pop.

Amazing result!

1 hour ago, Johnnyboi said:

Cloud 9 is gonna be her Apple moment.

well yes

20 hours ago, °ColdFire° said:

Australia Album Chart

#10 Popstar (NEW)

New Zealand Album Chart

#24 Popstar (NEW)

Her first album ever to reach top 10 somewhere lakitu

Tinashe has always had a bit of a cult following here in Australia after All My Friends. But wow, top 10. I am happy but also a bit disappointment as the vinyl I ordered through Warner Music Australia has not been shipped yet, I've received no update and it appears there's a fair few of us with delayed orders. The number should be a lot higher.

Top Tier Excellence:

  • Melatonin

  • Sunglasses

  • Popstar

  • Flashback

Great Tier:

  • Crash Out

  • Cloud 9

  • Nobody Wanna Dance No More

  • I'd Rather Be Alone

Good Tier:

  • Too Easy

  • Pillow Fight

  • Brainrot

  • Empty Stadiums

Alright Tier:

  • 25/8

Forgettable Tier (not bad tho):

  • Heavy Weight

Overdramatic couldve been great if it wasnt just an interlude

twentyfive eight feels like the 2026 version of "who am i working for?" (real day ones will remember)

I've been off atrl for a minute but in this era since too easy anyway my top 5:

Crashout

Popstar

Cloud 9

Heavy weight

Melatonin

Atlantic literally made the blueprint on how to make this era a smash with brat. ******* do something rip

8 hours ago, nuclear said:
8 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Even GOOGLE joined the #UpliftTinashe trend! chick3

BLOODY HELL !!!!!!!!! jonny6 jonny6 jonny6

the fact that Melatonin, NWDA and Cloud 9 all have hit big potential jonny6 mama could be all over radio and streaming for the next year only if Atlantic get their s*** right

Cloud 9 is the perfect halloween song, I really feel like it could make a dead body live again.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kukai

YEAAAAAAAAAA

kukai

How much longer before we get the results of Billboard 200?

We're not talking about Ricky Reed more enough here , He understood Tinashe's vision so well and he embraced her and her artistry without trying to change it

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.