Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Views 117.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

This is an excellent cohesive body of work. Every song explores a different sub genre, but the production tightly weaves the whole album together brilliantly. As soon as the album ends you want it to be played all over again. I'd Rather Be Alone, Nobody Want To Dance Anymore, and Popstar are the trinity of the album for me.

Tinashe is very talented and I'm happy to see her finally get the flowers she deserved.

Edited by Weld_E

7 hours ago, nuclear said:

All though I love the album. I really want this era to be successful, primarily because she deserves but another reason is (selfishly) is her upgrading to arena. This is what I wish more than anything.

Even if she can't do arena by herself I hope she do a joint with either Pinkpantheress, Zara Larson, or Kaytranada.

omg this would be so iconic!

3 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

GP/Normies are responding so well to Popstar because it's Tinashe's first true macro story driven/narrative album.

Her mixtapes and albums usually focus on the micro (world-building, cohesiveness, mood, aesthetic).

This is the first time since In Case We Die we're getting a story driven album, but even with ICWD it was the interludes driving the story forward.

Popstar is kinda direct, up-in-your-face personal story narrative. IMO I see it as sort of a GKMC vs TPAB/Damn situation it's a lot easier for people to grasp on to a concept that's spelt out and narrated for them.

I completely agree, her last few albums lacked this narrative and a lot of people listen to albums for the story telling and cohesion.

Nobody wants to dance is such a smash, but the way she sings it reminds me of Showdown by Britney Spears, and the beat reminds me of Closer by Nine Inch Nails. Anyone else hear it too?

7 hours ago, Bidi bidi bom bom said:

Brainrot kind of sounds like a modern twist of this classique

jonny5 Quick, release new music together

I have been saying this since I first listened to Brainrot. I thought it was a sample, I even asked her about it on twitter.

Oh Thiefnashe.

the critical acclaim for nashe aaaaaah!!!

hope this album forever keeps her heavily financed forever!

2 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

#1, 3, 5, 6, and 8 on US iTunes

heart2

NWDA is #199 on the overall iTunes singles chart!! party Imagine what she would do with a video and radio push omg

I cant stop speaking on this incredible body of work! Ive been posting it on all my socials. The minute "Crash Out" dropped i knew we were in for greatness clap3

She's acknowledged the trend and she loves it! Deserved Tinashe! chick2

It's always so satisfying when someone you have stanned for a while gets their flowers. I hope she keeps getting praise!

1 hour ago, starstruckaj said:

NWDA is #199 on the overall iTunes singles chart!! party Imagine what she would do with a video and radio push omg

I hope they have a plan to service it to radio, might be a bit late in the year tho.

A stateside style revamp in the new year maybe?

the new stans on twitter talmbout "nawt tinashe ended the album with a country song xD uwu 67 skibbity bee bop my labubu 🤪🤪🤪"

girl stfu!! acousticnashe has been a thing since her FIRST mixtape

azealia

So the album on Wenesday had probably its biggest day ever

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.