Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Views 313.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

I'm just curious where people are finding the similarities with Carly? Her music is quite electronic, upbeat and much more in tune with what Hilary would've put out on BIBO, but LOS is kinda chill and low-key boppy (aside from maybe Holiday Party)? I get maybe there's a feel to it? But not seeing the similarities tbh.

Edited by Tom_X

41 minutes ago, JDC said:

I thought the (mine) versions were acoustic/reimagined versions but they're actually re-recordings? I'm so confused, Sparks didn't need a new one cause the og is flawless but What Dreams Are Made Of sounds holy clap3

https://x.com/andydrww/status/2024830250358640936?s=20

https://x.com/andydrww/status/2024818497084080336?s=20

i'm so impressed of how much they sound like the originals... this is INSANE. i wonder how she pulled it off (instrumentally wise specifically)

3 minutes ago, Tom_X said:

I'm just curious where people are finding the similarities with Carly? Her music is quite electronic, upbeat and much more in tune with what Hilary would've put out on BIBO, but LOS is kinda chill and low-key boppy (aside from maybe Holiday Party)? I get maybe there's a feel to it? But not seeing the similarities tbh.

I agree lol I love them both but this is way less electro than Carly.

My finger slipped and I bought the Japan edition, but it won't even be here until march 25th it says :(

Ok I'm about to make this album's lyrics my entire personality. Whew Hilary!!

23 minutes ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

i'm so impressed of how much they sound like the originals... this is INSANE. i wonder how she pulled it off (instrumentally wise specifically)

She said it's all thanks to her producer Brian Phillips who dug deep into the production of the originals

I'M WORRIED ABOUT

091287cd5094546d4b6588ff67383384dd445e57

**** THAT HASN'T HAPPENED

091287cd5094546d4b6588ff67383384dd445e57

EVERY TEENY TINY LITTLE DOUBT

091287cd5094546d4b6588ff67383384dd445e57

OH HERE I GO AGAIN

091287cd5094546d4b6588ff67383384dd445e57

FUTURE GODDING the soty that you are

Also We Don't Talk

Also like the rest of the album if we are being honest

Edited by AshleyLovescats887

30 minutes ago, Tom_X said:

I'm just curious where people are finding the similarities with Carly? Her music is quite electronic, upbeat and much more in tune with what Hilary would've put out on BIBO, but LOS is kinda chill and low-key boppy (aside from maybe Holiday Party)? I get maybe there's a feel to it? But not seeing the similarities tbh.

I personally think it does sound very much like some of the songs on carly's Dedicated, which saw her strip down from the electro-pop of her previous albums to a more synth-alt-chill pop

Can someone please share HQ versions of the alternative artwork for the album pls :D

Have to be honest, I'm kinda disappointed by this. I think I fell too in love with the live version of Weather For Tennis to the point that the studio version just doesn't really pack the same punch for me. I was willing to overlook the Anti Hero-isms of Roommates but then to follow it up immediately with a song that feels derivative of Somebody That I Used to Know was a letdown. I clocked the Blink-182 interpolation on Growing Up, but the song just does nothing for me. Then for You From the Honeymoon to have the 10000th instance of the Apt/Blade of Grass/White Mercedes/Ode to the Mets hook in the past few years... I just wanted more!

1 hour ago, headztrong said:

Vinyl is here and autograph is autopen. This *** rip

Can you post pics? rip

17 minutes ago, campelo said:

This is so mediocre and infantile omg

Girl, disappear

13 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

Duff has said she felt comfortable laying herself bare on Luck…or Something as she worked alongside Koma, who co-produced the entire record. Even with her husband behind the boards — or maybe because he's there — Duff relentlessly shares the insecurities that come with married life. On the pulsating cut "Holiday Party" she details a recurring cheating nightmare, while the slow rocker "You, From the Honeymoon" is a daydream about days "before you knew a hand-slap across the face." On the propulsive "Roommates," Duff fine-tunes her fears and desires in the face of shifting realities: "I only want the beginning/I don't want the end," she admits atop Koma's expertly crafted beats.

Those aren't the only topics that this former child star treats with sobering candor on this album. "I wish I could sleep on planes/And that my father would really love me," she confesses on the pensive highlight "The Optimist." It's her most vulnerable song to date, and it leaves a chilly sting. Meanwhile, "We Don't Talk" portrays another familial rift, this time with Duff's sister, Haylie. "We don't talk about anything anymore," the younger Duff sings on the eerie chorus, which seems to echo the distinct xylophone whistles from Gotye's "Somebody I Used to Know," even if they're not quite close enough to be credited on the track.

Editor's picks

Despite what the internet hoped for, Duff doesn't anoint herself as a savior of millennial pop music with Luck … or Something. Instead, the album is a seamless blend of the singer's specific tastes, millennial-coded and otherwise. "Growing Up" interpolates Blink-182's "Dammit" for an ode to a ride-or-die friend; elsewhere, she name-drops some of her more recent influences, like the Japanese House. It's the most self-assured Duff has ever sounded, especially as she quips about "some ***** at a bar" who pronounces indie icon Bon Iver as "Bon Ivar."

Overall, the album is dominated by swooping pop synths that shimmer and sparkle with the same relentless optimism you probably remember from Duff's early hits. Give credit for that to Koma, a pop architect in his own right whose résumé includes a scatter of brightly-hued tracks in the mid-2010s, including a co-write credit on Zedd's 2012 hit "Clarity," production credits on Shania Twain's 2017 comeback Now, and even a Britney Spears single. Like Duff, Koma seems to have found the perfect home for his sunny melodies with his wife.

By the end of  Luck…or Something, the wine bottle is empty and the wistfulness is at an all-time high as Duff cements her new millennial soundtrack with "Adult Size Medium." She conjures the ephemera of one's early twenties against big-swing synths, and faces the aching distance from that era. "Nobody runs faster than time," Duff sings, but makes sure to remind her audience: "It's heartbreaking andreassuring."

2 hours ago, headztrong said:

Vinyl is here and autograph is autopen. This *** rip

Don't tell me that. I'll riot.

what a great album tbh clap3 my faves were definitely You From The Honeymoon, Holiday Party, and Future Tripping clap3

6 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Nvm

Why did she ******* do autopen if this is prob her last album!? **** You. You couldn't have given fans a chance to get your signature from a decent price? **** you girl. I've been a fan since I was 7

Recently Browsing 1

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.