Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

Don't get me me wrong, it's a solid pop album. It's stable, the production is clean, and it's definitely "good" in its own right.

But for some reason, the whole project feels a bit flat to me. I'm struggling to really connect with it on a deeper level; it just doesn't seem to have that "spark" I was hoping for.

Maybe it's just my subjective vibe right now, but comparing it to "Breathe In. Breathe Out."

I personally found her previous work much stronger. That album felt like it had more energy. luck...or something is perfectly fine for what it is, but I'm just not finding myself as obsessed with it as I thought I'd be.

Of course, this is just my very first impression after one listen. So I'm definitely going to give it more chances.

  • Replies 7.5k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

  • ATRL Moderator
Just now, Johnny Jacobs said:

Is there a BIBO type of bop in there? The singles bummed me out

If you mean BIBO as in the title track, I actually think there are quite a few songs that capture that vibe (Koma did produce BIBO track and most of this record after all) but if you mean something akin to Sparks, Confetti, Lies etc. then no, not really. Weather for Tennis, Future Tripping, and maybe Tell Me That Won't Happen are the most like 'bop' adjacent tracks aside from the singles.

But it is such a great mid-tempo record jammingIt may not have those bombastic dance-pop songs but it's worth a listen.

I think she should have gave us holiday party video instead of tennis lol. But maybe she saving that single for later in the year to release for the holidays lol

pretty enjoyable surprisingly clap3
the best songs sound like carly rae songs and the worst like someone else

suburban

5 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Is there a BIBO type of bop in there? The singles bummed me out

Holiday Party is giving Lies/Stay in Love vibes for me but sexier giraffe

And yes, I'm making Holiday Party happen

9 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Is there a BIBO type of bop in there? The singles bummed me out

future tripping is as close as you're getting. This album is a calm upbeat. It sounds like the singles.

I dont know who lied and said it was a pop rock album but i hope your other faves retires

200w.gif

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

Just now, Johnny Jacobs said:

I dont know who lied and said it was a pop rock album but i hope your other faves retires

200w.gif

bibliahh

So yeah.. It's a no for me but Hilary is my girl so i hope it will do well.

See yall in 2036

200w.gif

wow I was really excited for this but it's really mid noparty BIBO was on a whole different level.

I will be streaming (mine) when it comes out digitally party

I really love Growing Up! heart2Still need to listen to all the songs. Her voice sounds really good!

Future Tripping took my wig...

1.  Future Tripping 
2. We Don't Talk 
3.  Growing Up 
4.  Adult Size Medium 
5.  Weather For Tennis

6. Tell Me That Won't Happen 
7.  Mature
8.  The Optimist
9. Roommates 
10. You, From The Honeymoon
11. Holiday Party

Great album, but most of it fell flat unfortunately. I have to give it another listen or two...

Future Tripping and Holiday Party are the only one I can remember chick1

Works on Apple Music now but has the cover for Willa Fords new album? rip

Felt quite emotional by the time it finished. Wasn't expecting as much vulnerability lyrically as she really went into. The Optimist is heartbreaking, loved We Don't Talk too. Such a mature album and shows really how she's evolved personally and musically since the last time round. Clearly the album she needed to make, if that makes sense.

wtf does weather for tennis even mean

Only 4 tracks in but I don't see myself finishing/coming back if I'm being honest

wait….im kinda vibing with the matureness /self awareness with Future Tripping and The Optimist

The Optimist is the highlight so far

It's very indie-pop driven, very different than all of her albums. I liked it. I will be streaming all week x

This is a really solid pop record. It sounds authentic and I like this sound a lot for her. I'm honestly so happy she seems to be confident to know where she's at as an artist.

The people who are let down were probably just expecting another BIBO/Dignity type of record.

My faves so far:

Holiday Party (such a sophisticated record!!!)

Adult Size Medium

Tell Me That Won't Happen

Anyone getting a sense that this album is the sound that Breathe In. Breathe Out. was supposed to be, until the label told her to change it to dance-pop.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.