Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Doja Cat - 'Vie'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Views 107.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Off the charts in most countries. Tour starts in 3 weeks 

 

Billboard 200

4 - 22 - 52 - 107

 

France 

14 - 71 - 116 - 165

 

New Zealand

4 - 13 - 18 - 22

 

Australia

6 - 16 - 18 - 27 

 

Canada

8 - 37 - 77 - OUT

 

UK 

5 - 51 - 89 - OUT

 

Netherlands

11 - 70 - OUT

 

Germany 

13 - 68 - OUT

 

 

As someone that doesn't really listen to pop albums often, I'm sad for Doja because this is one pop album that I think brings something different to the table. It sucks that people think the 80s sound is played out because it's so different from the faux-80s sound of the early 2020s. Instead, it gives an authentic 80s sound that I don't think the The Weeknd or Dua Lipa could create without sounding made for the GP.

 

Atp, I kind of feel like JT was a really bad single choice. I played it a lot when it was released but by the second week I was not going back to it much. After the album being out for a month, the song I keep going back to is One More Time. I'm a sucker for songs with heavy subject matter that is disguised by a really upbeat sound. And for some reason it's really clicking for me with the fall season setting in. 

2 hours ago, makeme said:

Off the charts in most countries. Tour starts in 3 weeks 

 

Billboard 200

4 - 22 - 52 - 107

 

France 

14 - 71 - 116 - 165

 

New Zealand

4 - 13 - 18 - 22

 

Australia

6 - 16 - 18 - 27 

 

Canada

8 - 37 - 77 - OUT

 

UK 

5 - 51 - 89 - OUT

 

Netherlands

11 - 70 - OUT

 

Germany 

13 - 68 - OUT

 

 

It's really really bad 

It's annoying this album didn't drop in May because it truly had/has the potentinal to be the biggest album of the year. Tour and a proper deluxe can turn it around maybe. The album cover change and the Tyler, the creator lashings did not help either because people dragged her into it and brought back up tinychat plus the shirt. 

Regardless, this era is sort of a image palette cleanser.  I guess our Joanne/Cheek to Cheek but better music :grump:

 

1 hour ago, hallucinating said:

It's annoying this album didn't drop in May because it truly had/has the potentinal to be the biggest album of the year. Tour and a proper deluxe can turn it around maybe. The album cover change and the Tyler, the creator lashings did not help either because people dragged her into it and brought back up tinychat plus the shirt. 

Regardless, this era is sort of a image palette cleanser.  I guess our Joanne/Cheek to Cheek but better music :grump:

 

I'm here for Silly! Fun! ending up her Million reason (Song she performs everywhere until it becomes a minor hit) 

16 minutes ago, makeme said:

I'm here for Silly! Fun! ending up her Million reason (Song she performs everywhere until it becomes a minor hit) 

Jealous Type being our Perfect Illusion ... hmmm 

13 minutes ago, hallucinating said:

Jealous Type being our Perfect Illusion ... hmmm 

:celestial5:

I made tonight I'd see the day Doja would bomb this hard wow. I bet RCA is scrambling on what to do next… 

This era really is dead huh :biblio:

 

Do you guys think things can turn around?

Edited by Appletree

this is such a wonderful fall album I kinda haven't stopped playing it since it dropped. :fan: While I wish the rollout started early on in the summer, the full project itself is hitting in this colder weather. All Mine the career highlight you are. :jonny5:

18 hours ago, Appletree said:

I made tonight I'd see the day Doja would bomb this hard wow. I bet RCA is scrambling on what to do next… 

I mean this is really the first era where TikTok hasn't carried the campaign and we're seeing the direct results of it. She literally would've never made it this far in her career without her songs being on heavy rotation on TikTok (surprisingly mostly organically as well) and rather solely relying on the label, which is what we're seeing right now. That producer also doesn't have any incentive to push hard for her tracks bc Doja cut ties with him pre-scarlet anyway, which probably hurt her behind the scenes in ways we can't know for certain. RCA is focused on Tate now so Doja will slip down the ladder back into her own circle with the small but dedicated fans she still has. As long as the music is getting better (which it is so far) then maybe its for the best considering her reputation is in the gutter atm and she was clearly burnt out after Planet Her. She's still a multi-hypenate talent with incredible stage presence but not everyone is cut out for the superstardom she was heading towards back in 2022, especially with her tongue. :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

this is such a wonderful fall album I kinda haven't stopped playing it since it dropped. :fan: While I wish the rollout started early on in the summer, the full project itself is hitting in this colder weather. All Mine the career highlight you are. :jonny5:

All Mine has been hitting extra hard for me lately. I was boping to it hard this past weekend. I love how my favorite song keeps changing

All Mine is literally the best song on the album, I'm glad y'all are saying it :clap3:

 

I fear some of these songs were just too far down the 80s R&B route to fully connect with the uncultured tasteless GP. But I love this album from top to bottom, it's one of my most played of the year. I knew this album would be amazing ever since she leaked those snippets on live months ago. 

  • ATRL Moderator

I'm so saddened by this album's performance so far. It is all gas no brakes top to bottom :jamming: Doesn't stop me from listening or enjoying, just wish this was getting the love I think it deserves. 

 

The only potential positive outcome I can see happening is an album track gaining traction on social media (either a trend or something) and breathing new life into the era. That's lowkey the only thing that having a small debut can give you, the chance for a post-release single/album track to randomly turn into a hit since it'll sound new to casuals who haven't checked out the album. Still an atrocity considering bare minimum half this album deserves the single treatment (the other half I'll gatekeeper for myself :khalyan2:) 

4 minutes ago, Ampersand13 said:

I'm so saddened by this album's performance so far. It is all gas no brakes top to bottom :jamming: Doesn't stop me from listening or enjoying, just wish this was getting the love I think it deserves. 

 

The only potential positive outcome I can see happening is an album track gaining traction on social media (either a trend or something) and breathing new life into the era. That's lowkey the only thing that having a small debut can give you, the chance for a post-release single/album track to randomly turn into a hit since it'll sound new to casuals who haven't checked out the album. Still an atrocity considering bare minimum half this album deserves the single treatment (the other half I'll gatekeeper for myself :khalyan2:) 

she needs to figure out her next direction because she can always get back where she belongs. No one has occupied her lane.

 

I think she needs to figure out some things and she'll be fine.

 

Still bop to come back and Aaaah men.

Omg I was randomly just looking at the Billboard 200 yesterday and was GOBSMACKED this was so low, random albums from like 4 years ago are charting higher.

 

I think it is clear the GP is worn out from that 80's/Blinding Lights sound and JT was just not a strong enough single to be the exception.

 

She'll bounce back for sure, and hopefully with something that seems a bit more authentic, but yeah this era was DOA.

Eeh I'm not really that worried about her. I can't see anything else from this album getting picked up, just because nothing is really that immediately hook-y rather than it not being good enough, but ultimately her rep isn't in that bad a place and she has the raw talent to bring it back whenever. At this point I don't think Doja is ever going to be a big album seller l but I don't think it will be a big challenge for her to nabb other hit singles in future.

I still love this album so much, it's so sad how this era didn't take off. I'm sick of the reductive 80s sound but she did it so well.

I'm still listening to it every day at least once

 

LipStain

All Mine

Make It Up

Acts of Service 

 

on heavy rotation 

I have to be honest, even if she released vie in the summer or whatever I still dont think people would connect with it cause of the 80's sound especially

 

She prob expected this sound to be polarizing in todays landscape and said *** it ... got to keep moving

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.