Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Kylie Minogue - "Lights Camera Action"

Featured Replies

  • Replies 447
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kylie Minogue is honestly THE best aspect of being gay, there are times in my life (right now, for example) where I found myself having more pleasure from listening to her than sucking c**ks.

  • CallumDavies
    CallumDavies

    Kylie was on such a strong artistic streak with DISCO and then Padam smashed and everything went a bit wrong   She's learned all of the wrong lessons from Padam doing well. A lot of her musi

  • RhythmOfDisco
    RhythmOfDisco

    Those complaining about her chasing another Padam will be glad to know she wants the next album to be a "fresh start" with "meatier" stuff instead of chasing hits, referencing Impossible Princess!

It's a no from me this time. I think this album won't be for me, it's too Circuit party (Padam and Tension were CAMP!)

I still prefer Padam Padam and Tension. <3

I think this song is missing something, but I don't know what.

Kylie was on such a strong artistic streak with DISCO and then Padam smashed and everything went a bit wrong

 

She's learned all of the wrong lessons from Padam doing well. A lot of her music has been generic and boring

57 minutes ago, CallumDavies said:

Kylie was on such a strong artistic streak with DISCO and then Padam smashed and everything went a bit wrong

 

She's learned all of the wrong lessons from Padam doing well. A lot of her music has been generic and boring

Yeah, I adore her but I think since Padam smashed she and her team have been trying to chase a hit in the same vein since, with My Oh My and now this. It's fine, but it's got nothing on Padam or Tension. Part of what makes Kylie so good is seeing how she changes and reinvents herself each album. I'm not super interested in this Tension II project so far. :dancehall:

I still think Tension and Padam are better but this is a bop. I'm so excited for Good as Gone from the live snippet :WAP:

So far, on a few listens- I think this is better than Tension (the song) but not better than Padam Padam. 

1 hour ago, CallumDavies said:

Kylie was on such a strong artistic streak with DISCO and then Padam smashed and everything went a bit wrong

 

She's learned all of the wrong lessons from Padam doing well. A lot of her music has been generic and boring

DISCO??? Is the metric of her artistic peak? In what world chile. 
 

Tension (song) shits on every song on Disco:deadbanana2:

It sounds so dated now. Her biggest misstep was not leaning into the sound of Padam and Tension on Tension. If the album was:

1. Padam

2. Tension

3. Vegas High

4. Heavenly Body

5. Drum

and 5-8 other tracks that sounds like those. It would be her best album

52 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Yeah, I adore her but I think since Padam smashed she and her team have been trying to chase a hit in the same vein since, with My Oh My and now this. It's fine, but it's got nothing on Padam or Tension. Part of what makes Kylie so good is seeing how she changes and reinvents herself each album. I'm not super interested in this Tension II project so far. :dancehall:

You're right to an extent but I also think this one is meant to be indulgent fun for the sake of having a single. The album tracks (except the collabs) should hopefully be much more of what I wanted out of Tension after the promise of its singles last year. The title track is one of her very best and got quite acclaimed so if they go further down into that sound then I can see T2 clearing the first part. The disappointment of all those 80s sounding emoto-pop songs that are fine but Kylie in her sleep was such an L. 


Edge of Saturday Night for example is exactly the kind of thing I want from Kylie.

To me, DISCO was a more interesting project. It was much more cohesive and it was clear a lot of thought had gone into the world building that support that era. Infinite Disco is still one of her best projects ever. I listen to the live album all the time. 

 

Tension has been driven by individual songs, well just one song, Padam. I feel like her label is just throwing whatever they can at the wall to get another hit. 

It's fun enough but definitely a bit bland... I feel like Padam was successful because of its catchy chorus and this doesn't have one, so if theyre chasing hits they arent doing it well

 

It will be great live at least for the tour

It's ok! I would prefer the drop going a bit harder. The extended version is better tho.

She's done it again, whew :jonny5:

 

I do wish the extended version extended the drop/chorus once in the end. This is one of her better extended versions though, thank GOD there's no random instrumental before the second verse. 

Absolutely adore it. There's something to be said for someone nearly 40 years into her career and still making something so catchy and fun :gayliecat1:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.