Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Why does Atrl hate Taylor Swift Now?

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Attaboy said:

She's like the goodie two shoes at school who sits front of class everyday, takes 7252551616 advanced classes, wins class president, goes to USC, joins a sorority etc etc 

Isn't that literally a good thing? :deadbanana2:

 

  • Replies 140
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Music Industry
    The Music Industry

    For the last 2 years she's been dominating like practically no other artist has ever done, so a lot of people here got VERY bitter about it over time     EDIT: Just look at who di

  • Badgalbriel
    Badgalbriel

    Because they're tired of seeing her success. It happens to every big artist here. 

  • I'm neither a fan nor a hater but the things with billie and charli did annoyed me a bit ngl.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Mordecai said:

If it makes you feel better, I've disliked her for years now

 

chile-laughing.thumb.gif.fedbdb6a174d0d5

 I've never been a fan. I'm just surprised atrl out all forums hate her now lol. I was just curious on what made them pull the plug. She had a lot of stans on here.

You're not exhausted from being relentlessly bashed over the head with shitty music and PR relationship fodder for the past 2 years?

The bigger the star, the bigger the target.

 

ATRL is full of people that haven't been relevant in at least a decade and so seeing someone achieve this level of success this deep into her career has them bitter that it's not their faves

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Isn't that literally a good thing? :deadbanana2:

 

On paper, yes :smile:

 

And I never said it was good or bad. I was providing an explanation to the OP why the tone around Taylor is what it is 

I can love Taylor AND still criticize her for things and/or attitudes I don't agree on

22 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

Excessive private jet usage, performative feminism/pettiness about chart placement, decrease in the quality of her albums, her general ubiquity

 

(I say this all as a fan)

Y'all only care about that **** because of Taylor. 

Well tbf my friend has disliked her since 1989 or maybe before she always had a bad sense about her and her intuitions are usually spot on

Been here since 2011 and Taylor hasn't been particularly loved here :giraffe: there were always people who are pressed, more success = more people pressed because they don't "get" why she's so successful.

 

I think it's important to note that any users (not every users but 99%) on here are stans for someone.

3 minutes ago, enchanted0 said:

Been here since 2011 and Taylor hasn't been particularly loved here :giraffe: there were always people who are pressed, more success = more people pressed because they don't "get" why she's so successful.

 

I think it's important to note that any users (not every users but 99%) on here are stans for someone.

Everyone was stanning for her when she was close to breaking Britney's record for Oops

I never cared particularly for her personality, but the drop in the quality of her music made her antics more exhausting to follow.

 

Like yes, she sold RED with Papa John's pizza and dropped 8 alternative covers for folklore all at once. But at least the albums were good!

Edited by kimberly

1 hour ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I have never cared for Taylor Swift at all but I swear she had way more love on here before. Is it because of her new album getting dragged a bit by critics? I'm saying that because Taylor Swift has always been the same person with the same personality.

She's overexposed, and she's owning the 'biggest artist in the world right now' persona. Before that she got more love because she used to show herself as more 'down to earth'

42 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

Excessive private jet usage, performative feminism/pettiness about chart placement, decrease in the quality of her albums, her general ubiquity

 

(I say this all as a fan)

This is not a Beyonce thread though

1 hour ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I have never cared for Taylor Swift at all but I swear she had way more love on here before. Is it because of her new album getting dragged a bit by critics? I'm saying that because Taylor Swift has always been the same person with the same personality.

TTPD was bad and the stans attacked everyone who said it. If she releases good music she will be liked again. Y'all acting like it's a personality thing, it's not

  • Author
2 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

This is not a Beyonce thread though

Leave Bey alone lol

i think between the grammys with her making the night about herself with the album announcement and her scamming the public with 4728282 variants to boost the sales of what's her worst album ever to block other artists from reaching the top spot… people are just tired of witnessing her mediocrity and nasty antics. and the swifties being insufferable also helps adding to all of that. 

Edited by georgechxng

Now?

 

:ryan3:

 

But the real reason is it's "cool" to hate on popular figures so yall are jumping at the bit to get the mythical hate train up and running. This isn't a new phenomenon at all, but since some of yall stan MPGs who were at the top of their game before and got hate train-ed as a result, I'd hope you'd be more sympathetic :coffee2:

9 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

i think between the grammys with her making the night about herself with the album announcement and her scamming the public with 4728282 variants to boost the sales of what's her worst album ever and block other artists from reaching the top spot… people are just tired of witnessing her mediocrity and nasty antics. and the swifties being insufferable also helps adding to all of that. 

Like Beyonce didn't make the same night about herself by having her husband aka her mouth piece whine about losing

It comes and goes every so often. She's kind of hit the point of overexposure now. I think that when she takes a small break the hate will die back down. 

5 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

Now?

 

:ryan3:

 

But the real reason is it's "cool" to hate on popular figures so yall are jumping at the bit to get the mythical hate train up and running. This isn't a new phenomenon at all, but since some of yall stan MPGs who were at the top of their game before and got hate train-ed as a result, I'd hope you'd be more sympathetic :coffee2:

Real reason is a lot of them resent the fact that Taylor actually feeds her fans new music while their faves are either retired, being the face of Big Pharma or Avon Ladies :ryan3:

She's been consistently successful for a while now while all of ATRLs other faves from that era have either fallen off, slowed down or completely switched careers by now

  • Author
2 hours ago, Josh said:

Like Beyonce didn't make the same night about herself by having her husband aka her mouth piece whine about losing

This is the second time a Taylor Swift stan has brought up Beyonce. I got the answer now judging from these comments

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Real reason is a lot of them resent the fact that Taylor actually feeds her fans new music while their faves are either retired, being the face of Big Pharma or Avon Ladies :ryan3:

To be fair if she started shilling 13 Beauty or sth I would be dragging her ass too

 

:ryan3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.