Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Why does Atrl hate Taylor Swift Now?

Featured Replies

On 6/22/2024 at 4:45 AM, Badgalbriel said:

Because they're tired of seeing her success. It happens to every big artist here. 

Not at all. Because her success is manufactured, it's not genuine. People don't care about her, especially the GP, so she manufactured a cult, selling them a brand, not music. She has a talent to make us believe that she has a talent!

And this is a pop music forum.

Edited by NextBish90

  • Replies 140
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The Music Industry
    The Music Industry

    For the last 2 years she's been dominating like practically no other artist has ever done, so a lot of people here got VERY bitter about it over time     EDIT: Just look at who di

  • Badgalbriel
    Badgalbriel

    Because they're tired of seeing her success. It happens to every big artist here. 

  • I'm neither a fan nor a hater but the things with billie and charli did annoyed me a bit ngl.

Her music has been on the decline since Lover. That's why. Oh and her desperation recently. 

23 hours ago, Rotunda said:

As a Chappell fan, I hope she has a good head on her shoulders, because I've noticed a lot of her fans overidentify with her in a similar fashion, and it can be a lot to take in. 

 

 

I noticed that as well. a lot of lesbians living through her and trying to gatekeep her art. it's prob a lot to take it. 

12 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

Her music has been on the decline since Lover. That's why. Oh and her desperation recently. 

That's why she has won all major awards and recognition from every important media with folklore and Midnights, both released after Lover...

Edited by Mr. Loco

On 6/22/2024 at 2:07 AM, Josh said:

So why do you stan the likes of Shawn Mendes?

Shawn has vocals and talent.

She's what I call peak white womanhood, constantly stuck in a state of victimhood and now her fans have mirrored that sentiment 

She's not impressive, everything regarding her is mediocre, singing, writing, performances etc

In short she's overrated, she's carried on by fanfare aka fans willing to bend and cheat the system to get her on top

Don't get me started on her activism centered only around herself or people that look like her. Full stop that's where it ends

And her fans will defend and make excuses for every last of it

I used to be such a huge Taylor fan. 1989 is still one of my fave albums to this day. I loved her all the way up to this current era. I've celebrated her success in the past and I still don't begrudge anyone that. That being said...

 

I've been able to kind of ignore her mean girl stuff in the past, but I think the fact that she's still to this day doing stuff like that has turned me off of her completely. This past album was really bad, and came off extremely narcissistic. She seems very desperate and try-hard. I know she cares about the charts but it's giving me the ick. That and her fans are very, very annoying. They're at a weird, parasocial/cultish level of fandom that go beyond being a fan. I cannot tie that much of my own identity to an artist to where I'm unable to see when they're doing something mean. The inability to have a conversation about her antics because they'll do anything except admit she's not that nice of a person--it's evident even by the first couple of posts in this thread. They'll say anything that paints her as a poor little country girl from Tennessee who just happens to be really popular and everyone is just mad at her success!! 

 

I'm just tired lmao

Edited by SlimyGhoul

now???

spacer.png

 


swifties have been so sensitive and crybabies lately

I don't hate her at all, used to listen to her all the time too. Her sound just got really boring to me since Midnights, and then 1989 vault tracks sealed my disappointment and I kinda detached.

Tbh I'm not one for Taylor but she's probably making people hate her for Reputa (TV). She is smart but I'm so sick of her lol

i hate that she paints herself as a girls girl but blocks every ******* female artist on every ******* country and with ******* variants since this album without all the variants wouldn't top the charts since release…

21 hours ago, kellebrity98 said:

i hate that she paints herself as a girls girl but blocks every ******* female artist on every ******* country and with ******* variants since this album without all the variants wouldn't top the charts since release…

If she keeps releasing versions it's because people are willing to buy, there's nothing wrong with supplying a demand. She has nothing against female artists, she would block males as well.

I was a fan since Fearless but she started to lose me around Midnights.

 

The Midnights clock crap and the vinyl variants grossed me out, and then the (in my opinion) extremely overhyped Eras Tour which owes a ton of it's success to most of the world wanting to be a part of an in-person experience again post-COVID. Pair that with Taylor being the most accessible popstar in America, and bam - you're printing money.

 

But the thing that finally pushed me over the edge was her behaviour at the Grammys. She was obviously drunk and happy as hell, but it felt like the year of insane adoration she's received had started to isolate her. She viewed the Grammys as the best place to announce TTPD - a room full of PEERS who were there to celebrate their own creativity and be awarded as well - and yet here's Taylor using it as a press conference.

 

I just see an emotionally stunted weirdo now and I can't connect with her music anymore. She's a billionaire with a super bowl winner boyfriend... literally NOTHING is relatable about her anymore. I can't be the only one who went through this same experience lol

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.