Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

dman4life

ATRL Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dman4life

  1. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I think TSTV should still release within the next couple of months maybe early January after the holiday freeze, perform Ophelia at the Grammys and hopefully collect an award or two, and then go dark for the rest of the year and come back next October for TS13.
  2. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    The way can still never get past Ophelia when I play the album She just needs to go ahead and agree to open the Grammys and secure that Record of the Year
  3. Now wait a min Hilary I really wasn't expecting this to be a bop
  4. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Yes exactly this! I also think about the 2025 Grammys where she knew she more than likely wasn't going home with any wins but she still showed up, had a good time and cheered on her peers.
  5. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I read something interesting on threads today that said something to the effect of one of the (many) reasons Taylor stays relevant is she still doesn't mind going to award shows and events and rubbing shoulders and interacting with new artists, one hit wonders, Tik Tok artists etc. She's humble and still doesn't think she's bigger than the program and I honestly never thought about that!
  6. Well since OTHs can't use sales or chart metrics anymore it's all about Metacritic scores so now it's either Billie or Olivia
  7. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Patient Zero is sticking around it's wayyy too addictive not to
  8. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Fair enough! It's definitely what makes her such a true artist she could've easily released a standard bop since she was at the peak of her Eras tour popularity but she stuck true to how she was really feeling in the moment.
  9. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Fortnight was actually a good first single (imo) but I understand how it wasn't gp friendly. It's very subtle for her standards but once the vibe and melody of the chorus clicks it REALLY clicks! From my own anecdotal experience it was definitely well received by straight male listeners due to the Post feature.
  10. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Patient Zero has crack in it I can't stop playing it
  11. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I personally think it's fun and interesting to hear different opinions and perspectives about music from our favorite artists. As long as they're in good faith of course. Like I seriously have a friend where Eldest Daughter is his favorite from the album next to Ophelia. I don't care for the song at all but it's nice knowing he's still a fan and still able to find material he likes after I put him on to her a few years ago. He never liked Taylor AT ALL (besides Shake it Off nnn) but Midnights swayed him!
  12. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    ^^^^ and also Weezer- Beverly Hills for Actually Romantic Not saying there's anything wrong with samples but it added more unnecessary material to the already annoying circle jerk pile on when the album first came out
  13. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    My main issues with Wood and Actually Romantic are the blatant samples and no acknowledgement (that I'm aware of). Which is why I think Max Martin kind of ripped her off on the sessions and owes her a refund
  14. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Speaking of music being subjective I will forever die on the hill of Cancelled! Also the outro is one of her best
  15. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Ophelia is really some of her best work ever. I hope she campaigns hard on it and ignores the rest of the album (until she tours again ofc). It just feels like her best shot at Record of the Year and I'd hate for it to be bogged down by an entire project with such lukewarm, almost panned reception.
  16. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Was busy with work today so I took a break from the mess but sorry after reading that NYT article it's clear as day this is an orchestrated and targeted hate campaign against her and it's so obvious
  17. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddz9lUGz2H_/?stkn=c3dlNGF5Z2Nva3N0 Also...idk but after seeing this brief interaction with Paris Hilton it makes more sense for me why Taylor is a bit defensive and has a certain type of energy when she addresses haters in her music. She always comes off genuinely sweet and humble when her interactions with other celebrities are captured but it's sometimes not reciprocated. The way Paris seems unavailable here I think once she truly and fully embraces her legendary status in the industry she's gonna be even more of a problem than she is now.
  18. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    Tonight's VMAs reminded me how Taylor is a legacy artist as much as she is still musically and culturally relevant today. It's really insane when you think about it.
  19. Britney is long over being a popstar so I don't think anticipating a comeback that will likely never happen is a reason why it's a bad idea. It just seems like a bad idea because there have been more questions than ever about her well being since the conservatorship ended and a biopic just comes off exploitive. If it has her actual blessing then go for it I guess but idk everything about her situation since during and post conservatorship just seems shady
  20. Easily. It's not like her millions of loyal fans are going to turn on her, despite the disappointment. Also casual pop listeners and of course her haters will always tune into her next releases. She just has to take her time and flesh out what she really wants to say the next time around and stop focusing on addressing haters or criticism, it's beyond old now. Then of course the music can't serve mid or filler either. Lastly she'll be best to have a quality control team in place instead of listening to Travis's opinion.
  21. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    So is there a possibility she'll actually perform tonight or am I being delusional and reading too much into the passing truck https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddy7kGeAmHT/?stkn=MXR3aGRvYzR5eGE4eg==
  22. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    It's definitely not all a coincidence. I didn't even bother reading that Pitchfork review or visiting the thread once I saw they revised the (already low) score down even lower. They really showed their hand just by the obnoxiousness of it all and of course the haters eat it up just as intended.
  23. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    I agree that she doesn't need a break just because the hate is loud at the moment. She really just needs another musical pivot to further justify why she's the biggest in the world. She's certainly more than capable. On that note Patient Zero will pretty soon be platinum in my house
  24. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    After listening again I've come to the conclusion that Taylor is clearly still the biggest artist on the planet and even I myself as a stan did too much on it's initial release. All of these tracks are perfectly fine and if she wasn't Taylor they wouldn't cause all of this negative discourse. My only real criticism at this point is that while the songs are decent they're definitely unnecessary (if that makes sense). However I do appreciate that she attached them to TLOASG instead of holding onto them for TS13 which is a good indication she's planning to switch it up.
  25. dman4life replied to Achilles.'s topic in Base
    No offense was taken at all unlike OTHs I have the capacity to understand context. Don't be hard on yourself for being petty cause sometimes it's warranted! I'm a firm believer in fighting fire with fire and going low because a Britney stan shading vocals is an interesting choice nnnn Thank you

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.