The Taylor Swift Discography Rate 2024 | WINNER REVEALED! | Results on First Page

Forever Winter

Spoiler

my tears ricochet

:chick3:

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Winter

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

oh I think GAS? might be out :dancehall3:

The circus wasn't called off in this rate. Sorry, mirrorball.

God, I couldn't have imagined a few years ago saying that Mirrorball is her best song and Champagne Problems is my personal favorite, like they were both pretty high in my list but not top five or anything - but damn if they're not the ultimate growers for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:
  Hide contents

my tears ricochet

:chick3:

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

oh I think GAS? might be out :dancehall3:

PLEASE LET IT BE GUILTY AS SKIP, LEAVE MY SOTY RICOCHET ALONE

spacer.png

• Haha 2

4924ce46303dff8f019a32723e07afeffe095b6a

23. my tears ricochet

Saviours (11s): Peroxide, djcalpal, TheArgonaut, Heldenzeit, Bosque, heckinglovato

Stans (10s): My Tears Ricochet, Dear Reader, FolkLover1989, Klein, Clauss, Kyungsoowift, byzantium, Kyle-x, Lorenzo22, Starchild, Teen Spirit, StonedSoulPicnic, Bindi, Michael196, SoSickOfThatSOL, TMRA, K$Ellie, Blood Magic, Bartender, AdrianNicki, blown away, greeneyedsoul, enchanted0, Where are you now?, SleepingTigers, twoheadlightshine, Hooker Barbie, BOAZ, RihannaLoverrr, Holy Ground, fridayteenage, modern thing, Supernatural, Miles., LVP, tjspy, Prismee, wastedpotential, vinicius, jacobhalkohit, AbeHicks, Enrique523, reputation1989, chosensparkles, Vespertine, folkloreking, itsjem, KillingYourCareer, Riverbank, llikeh, Namigo, MidnightsAtPeace, NEX, 1989, DevilsRollTheDice, The Music Industry, NordicGuy, Palo Santo, terrorblade

Admirers (9s): wehavetostan, TaylenaStan, tb6591, LastKiss, Forever Winter, Tusk, Theluckyone, badidearight, iamanearthling, idkwiam, NewStanner, greento, Velvet Night, beagle, Live To Tell, Soobin, Life Savers, AshleyLovescats887, Uncatena, Gorjesspazze9, Axolotl, PerfectSacrifice, G.U.Y_Del_Rey, liam13, Sad Beautiful Tragic, GuyNextDoor, burninredhot, Nein, Strawberry Bubble, Quicksand, PoisonedIvy, yourfaveisaflop, Achilles., Ms. Togekiss

Haters (1s): jacklovesyou1

Saboteurs (0s): sparrowblue

Comments

Peroxide

11 - "The bridge is a career highlight. From the writing to how she expresses every single syllable… what a song."

Bosque

11 - "Transcendent and sublime."

The Music Industry

10 - "Wow, oh wow... What a song still. MTR's lyrical depth and eerie atmosphere create such a powerful narrative of betrayal and loss. Taylor's vocal delivery is both poignant and gripping, making every word resonate with intensiMTR is truly a testament to Taylor's unparalleled songwriting talent and is undeniably one of the greatest songs ever."

Miles.

10 - "Oh she ATE with this. :jonny:"

wastedpotential

10 - "I think a lot about how this is the one relic we have from the post-Lover, pre-pandemic era, and I think a lot about the fact that we might've gotten an anti-Scott album with this as the centerpiece before the pandemic swung through and changed things. I give a lot of different thought to where Lord's career might be if She'd made different decisions at any given point, but this one has me pretty stumped. Obviously, this is a masterpiece, I do not need to tell you that. Obviously, this is one of the most successful tracks on the album, the random CoHo movie adapation with the co-star drama mess pushing this into doing over a million streams a day on Spotify should be indicative of that fact. Obviously this is one of the greatest highlights of the entire Eras setlist, and is certainly the emotional crux of its era. What I think is less obvious, or is at the very least a less celebrated fact, the long pond version of this hymn is a message straight from God into your ears. The haunting piano leadi-n, Her voice incredibly somber and pretty miserable. If Mad Woman is the scornful side of this situation, then this represents the sadness, the aching feeling of loss. I think there are parts of this song that are about the loss of Her masters themselves, though a lot of it is about the loss of Her relationship with one of the true father figures in Her life, who sold Her out for a quick check, and seemingly never looked back (though I absolutely know he hates himself for what he did), and what things might've been like if the cicumstances had been different. He'd been in Her life since mid 2005, and then over the course of like a week, he essentially burned every bridge and slammed every door on his way out. It was a pyrrhic victory for him, because he burned everything he'd built over the past several decades to the ground for a check, and this is Lord really sitting with that information, processing and grieving it, and filing it away. I know I'm ******* crazy, I promise you I do know that, but I sincerely think you can hear this in the vocal takes of the long pond version of this song, even if much of that emotion has been lost to rote memorization and choreography on the Eras tour itself. I truly believe this has some of the most immense staying potential of Her career. It's never going to be an august, but in 2035, when the world is in a radically different place, I have a feeling this will be held to that level, if not higher. Once the public re-discovers this, they'll never let it go."

Achilles.

9 - "The concept of this song is so unique and special and powerful."

SLUTTVFTV

8.8 - "Scooter and Scott you are DEAD."

blown away

10 - "Such a breathtaking song. I'm adding this to my Spotify library right NOW."

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

• Confused 1

Can we go a little faster than 1 song every 15 minutes?

:suburban:

• Like 2

Just now, Forever Winter said:

23. my tears ricochet

Saviours (11s): Peroxide, djcalpal, TheArgonaut, Heldenzeit, Bosque, heckinglovato

Stans (10s): My Tears Ricochet, Dear Reader, FolkLover1989, Klein, Clauss, Kyungsoowift, byzantium, Kyle-x, Lorenzo22, Starchild, Teen Spirit, StonedSoulPicnic, Bindi, Michael196, SoSickOfThatSOL, TMRA, K$Ellie, Blood Magic, Bartender, AdrianNicki, blown away, greeneyedsoul, enchanted0, Where are you now?, SleepingTigers, twoheadlightshine, Hooker Barbie, BOAZ, RihannaLoverrr, Holy Ground, fridayteenage, modern thing, Supernatural, Miles., LVP, tjspy, Prismee, wastedpotential, vinicius, jacobhalkohit, AbeHicks, Enrique523, reputation1989, chosensparkles, Vespertine, folkloreking, itsjem, KillingYourCareer, Riverbank, llikeh, Namigo, MidnightsAtPeace, NEX, 1989, DevilsRollTheDice, The Music Industry, NordicGuy, Palo Santo, terrorblade

Admirers (9s): wehavetostan, TaylenaStan, tb6591, LastKiss, Forever Winter, Tusk, Theluckyone, badidearight, iamanearthling, idkwiam, NewStanner, greento, Velvet Night, beagle, Live To Tell, Soobin, Life Savers, AshleyLovescats887, Uncatena, Gorjesspazze9, Axolotl, PerfectSacrifice, G.U.Y_Del_Rey, liam13, Sad Beautiful Tragic, GuyNextDoor, burninredhot, Nein, Strawberry Bubble, Quicksand, PoisonedIvy, yourfaveisaflop, Achilles., Ms. Togekiss

Comments

Peroxide

11 - "The bridge is a career highlight. From the writing to how she expresses every single syllable… what a song."

Bosque

The Music Industry

10 - "Wow, oh wow... What a song still. MTR's lyrical depth and eerie atmosphere create such a powerful narrative of betrayal and loss. Taylor's vocal delivery is both poignant and gripping, making every word resonate with intensiMTR is truly a testament to Taylor's unparalleled songwriting talent and is undeniably one of the greatest songs ever."

Miles.

wastedpotential

10 - "I think a lot about how this is the one relic we have from the post-Lover, pre-pandemic era, and I think a lot about the fact that we might've gotten an anti-Scott album with this as the centerpiece before the pandemic swung through and changed things. I give a lot of different thought to where Lord's career might be if She'd made different decisions at any given point, but this one has me pretty stumped. Obviously, this is a masterpiece, I do not need to tell you that. Obviously, this is one of the most successful tracks on the album, the random CoHo movie adapation with the co-star drama mess pushing this into doing over a million streams a day on Spotify should be indicative of that fact. Obviously this is one of the greatest highlights of the entire Eras setlist, and is certainly the emotional crux of its era. What I think is less obvious, or is at the very least a less celebrated fact, the long pond version of this hymn is a message straight from God into your ears. The haunting piano leadi-n, Her voice incredibly somber and pretty miserable. If Mad Woman is the scornful side of this situation, then this represents the sadness, the aching feeling of loss. I think there are parts of this song that are about the loss of Her masters themselves, though a lot of it is about the loss of Her relationship with one of the true father figures in Her life, who sold Her out for a quick check, and seemingly never looked back (though I absolutely know he hates himself for what he did), and what things might've been like if the cicumstances had been different. He'd been in Her life since mid 2005, and then over the course of like a week, he essentially burned every bridge and slammed every door on his way out. It was a pyrrhic victory for him, because he burned everything he'd built over the past several decades to the ground for a check, and this is Lord really sitting with that information, processing and grieving it, and filing it away. I know I'm ******* crazy, I promise you I do know that, but I sincerely think you can hear this in the vocal takes of the long pond version of this song, even if much of that emotion has been lost to rote memorization and choreography on the Eras tour itself. I truly believe this has some of the most immense staying potential of Her career. It's never going to be an august, but in 2035, when the world is in a radically different place, I have a feeling this will be held to that level, if not higher. Once the public re-discovers this, they'll never let it go."

Achilles.

SLUTTVFTV

blown away

10 - "Such a breathtaking song. I'm adding this to my Spotify library right NOW."

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

It was one of my 11 contenders. I have this song tattooed on my leg :heart:

• Like 5

Just now, Forever Winter said:

23. my tears ricochet

Comments

Peroxide

Bosque

The Music Industry

Miles.

wastedpotential

Achilles.

SLUTTVFTV

blown away

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

I HATE Y'ALL

4i66yG3.gif

4i66yG3.gif

4i66yG3.gif

@GUILTYASSIN WHEN I CATCH YOU

4i66yG3.gif

• Haha 3

My Grammys Ricochet lower than Boring as F***. Now that's a crime right there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever Winter said:

23. my tears ricochet

Comments

Peroxide

Bosque

The Music Industry

Miles.

wastedpotential

Achilles.

SLUTTVFTV

blown away

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

what? I guess 1989 will take the whole top 10 

23. my tears ricochet

Comments

Peroxide

Bosque

The Music Industry

Miles.

wastedpotential

Achilles.

SLUTTVFTV

blown away

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

I'm baffled at so many of her classics like this one being out before GAS? Or Sparks Fly. Worms!!!

• Like 1

I think I rated mtr 9.5 and now it looks like I gave it an ugly 9, next time I won't be playing around with these decimals, it's a straight up 10

4i66yG3.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

It was one of my 11 contenders. I have this song tattooed on my leg :heart:

Spoiler

the alejo ospina teas omg

• Haha 1

23. my tears ricochet

Comments

Peroxide

Bosque

The Music Industry

Miles.

wastedpotential

Achilles.

SLUTTVFTV

blown away

sparrowblue

0 - "It ain't good."

My Tears Ricochet out before Getaway Car, OOTW and New Romantics :hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

• Like 5

Whoa, MTR out before the top 10? This is a big upset. 

The tastelessness continues :rip: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forever Winter said:

23. my tears ricochet

spacer.png

my tears ricochet is overrated af but can we please get rid of Getaway Car, Guilty as Sin and especially OOTW? :deadbanana:

2 folklore songs left and 6 1989 songs left

who would've thought :rip:

• Haha 6

Sad to see some brilliant less-radio-pop songs going, but damn if I don't love how well GAS? still managed to do after the absurd TTPD panning :jonnycat:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

My Tears Ricochet out before Getaway Car, OOTW and New Romantics :hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

I truly don't understand what's going on with this delulu ass fandom.

my tears ricochet was my initial fave from the album in 2020 but now it's like… out of my top 10. :ninja:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.