Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

I don't think the Dubai Drunk in Love outro was lip-synced because if it was then why would she include a mistake at the beginning where she doesn't quite sing a note as she looks back at the guy who is still sorta lingering there? One could argue she added it to be more real, but that's a bit much:  choreographing a moment where you seem a bit perplexed so that it would explain a slightly skipped note in your FINALE just so that your pre-recorded vocal sounds more realistic?

 

 

Edited by swissman

 

Blues dancing has become soooo good :jonny5: Just incredible to witness

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

1 hour ago, Triton said:

Yet we had those tacky shorts and full on fur. That was the real crime last night. 

It reminds me of the outfit in the thumbnail 

 

  • ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Triton said:

I’d rather not, watch it take over every show from now on.
 

I have a feeling it’s going to be the Renaissance of this….

normal_01.jpg

That “Lemme run to Walmart before they close” wig. :deadbanana4:

I wouldn’t mind if she played even more with her hair. Give us some colors. That green from the PURE HONEY video looked so good on her. Give us some bold colors since this tour has been so much fun and carefree (green, red, black, pink) 

Blue is training to be a MPG, watch. It's going to be incredible watching her flourish as an artist and find herself. 

Y'all love to claim she's lip syncing but whenever things went wrong i.e. Mic not functioning, hair caught in the fan, wrong lyrics etc we didn't actually hear tracks playing in the background?

as long as she doesn’t decide to try those bangs again, i can’t complain about any wig :jonny6:

27 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Y'all love to claim she's lip syncing but whenever things went wrong i.e. Mic not functioning, hair caught in the fan, wrong lyrics etc we didn't actually hear tracks playing in the background?

She lipsyncs sometimes. It's really not a big deal - we all know she can sing and I'd rather her preserve her voice in the long term anyway.

Did anyone thread all of the people outside of the Barcelona date?

29 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She lipsyncs sometimes. It's really not a big deal - we all know she can sing and I'd rather her preserve her voice in the long term anyway.

That opening section alone is proof that Bey doesnt need lipsyncs in order to hide her voice or because shes not able to deliver live - its merely a means to preserve the voice and be able to dance and give choreo at the same time. And mind you, she doesnt lipsync often or sings to a loud backtrack. Most of RWT is live live

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

28 minutes ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She lipsyncs sometimes. It's really not a big deal - we all know she can sing and I'd rather her preserve her voice in the long term anyway.

this! lip syncing is not a crime and every good performer will do it from time to time, for parts of the show or particularly straining moments. it’s ok!

 

any other mpg would rely too heavily on lip syncing for this show after the opening act ballads. Bey is a seasoned professional and sings 98% of it live (with Dubai outro cut, sounds even closer to 100% to me). 

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

 

Blues dancing has become soooo good :jonny5: Just incredible to witness

Now I stand by what I said a few weeks ago (the very, very first date was giving rehearsal or “my mom made me do it”) but every date afterwards she is living! It looks like she is having soooo much fun.

3 hours ago, swissman said:

I don't think the Dubai Drunk in Love outro was lip-synced because if it was then why would she include a mistake at the beginning where she doesn't quite sing a note as she looks back at the guy who is still sorta lingering there? One could argue she added it to be more real, but that's a bit much:  choreographing a moment where you seem a bit perplexed so that it would explain a slightly skipped note in your FINALE just so that your pre-recorded vocal sounds more realistic?

 

 

She did the Michael Jackson gesture.

 

The riff ending with a C#5 was live. However, the outro sung on the lifting platform was lipped.

 

1 hour ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Y'all love to claim she's lip syncing but whenever things went wrong i.e. Mic not functioning, hair caught in the fan, wrong lyrics etc we didn't actually hear tracks playing in the background?

That's because most of the show is live. If it weren't so, her voice wouldn't have warmed up so well by the time she had arrived in Cardiff. Her voice cracked a bit during Summer Renaissance at my show, so yeah.

 

She lip-syncs either to dance or to take a breath, which is understandable. Only some portions of the songs are lipped on this tour, not the songs in their entirety (with a few exceptions), ie, the first and second verse on Alien Superstar are live, but the chorus isn't. Plus, she always makes sure to implement some nice variations and vocal moments here and there throughout the whole concert which honestly is something that she didn't provide much on FWT.

 

She is far from being in the same lane as someone as MJ, Janet, Britney, Mariah or even Taylor (who lip-syncs while doing NOTHING). Sorry to break it for their stans.

Edited by Pepo

12 minutes ago, tachiwaka said:

Now I stand by what I said a few weeks ago (the very, very first date was giving rehearsal or “my mom made me do it”) but every date afterwards she is living! It looks like she is having soooo much fun.

By the time she turns 18, shes gonna murder the stage. Truly Beys heir :jonny5:

 

5 minutes ago, Pepo said:

She did the Michael Jackson gesture.

 

The riff ending with a C#5 was live. However, the outro sung on the lifting platform was lipped.

I was talking about the outro on the lifting platform though. Or maybe we are talking about two different sections of the same outro segment because what I was referring to was before it was rising.

 

Anyway, how can you tell it was lip-synched after that point though? You can't see much and it sounds exact to the moment before. Why would she go to the trouble of singing half and then lip-syncing the other half of the same extended run-sequence?

It's my theory that Blue is reviewing the footage at night with Bey, because...why wouldn't she? And it's amazing to see after the first night how instantly more confident she got. That's Bey's daughter right there!!!! It must be such a great mother-daughter bonding moment for them too, to work together, have fun together, be behind-the-scenes together working on how to make it as best it can be, etc.

 

 

Edited by swissman

The best show I’ve ever been in my whole life. I’m still in disbelief a day after :jonny5: 

 

Kaytranada on his Cuff It remix:

Quote

No matter his accolades, some professional moments still send Kaytranada spiraling into self-doubt — he’s a Virgo after all, and identifies with the sign’s perfectionist tendencies. But he has increasingly come to understand his value. When I ask him if the remix of “CUFF IT” he premiered at Coachella will ever be released, he shrugs. Parkwood Entertainment, he explains, approached his team about the remix and sent him the vocal stems, but he disagreed with the terms of the proposed contract. (Negotiations are still pending; Parkwood did not respond to requests for comment.) He looks visibly disappointed. He worked hard on the remix and knows it would mean a lot to release it, both to the culture — when Beyoncé’s 2022 album, Renaissance, deeply indebted to house and disco trailblazers, won the Grammy for best dance/electronic album, she thanked “the queer community for your love and for inventing the genre” in her acceptance speech — and to his own career. But he also seems resolute.

 

“I know my worth. I know they reached out to me to do the remix for a reason, and then to be treated back like I wasn’t all that, it’s kind of weird,” he says. “I’m going to keep it at that. I know my worth.”

https://www.billboard.com/music/features/kaytranada-dj-producer-coachella-grammys-cover-story-interview-1235349237/

that's unfortunate. I wonder what terms he didn't agree with. sounds like a revenue split disagreement?

38 minutes ago, EyesOnMe said:

not shocking coming from mathew's daughter *runs and hides* 

25 minutes ago, swissman said:

I was talking about the outro on the lifting platform though. Or maybe we are talking about two different sections of the same outro segment because what I was referring to was before it was rising.

 

Anyway, how can you tell it was lip-synched after that point though? You can't see much and it sounds exact to the moment before. Why would she go to the trouble of singing half and then lip-syncing the other half of the same extended run-sequence?

I was referring to the part following the MJ gesture, see how focused she is on not falling. It's okay though, it was very scenic.

 

Look at Break My Soul. The Eb5 on "everybody" is lipped, but the exact same note during the call and response ("you won't break my soul") is 100% live. She is just a troll.

 

OT: Bey haters are truly one of a kind. They may post death threats aimed at Bey herself, and then shamelessly proceed to post in the Beyoncé base how much they loved the show. Sick individuals.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.