Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

sounds like a greedy bottom to me.

:deadbanana4:

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

Wow... So many of us were at the same venue. That's priceless. 

2 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Wow... So many of us were at the same venue. That's priceless. 

 

11 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

sounds like a bottom convention to me.

 

Thinking about how the opening act portion of the tour could be a hint at act ii’s aesthetic.
 

If act ii is a more stripped down record, I could see her doing smaller, residency-like venues with just her, a band, a stunning gown, and a mic stand. 
 

The demand would be insane. like Adele’s residency on crack

looks like this week Renaissance will go down a couple spots on the Billboard 200 despite actually gaining over last week. there are 8 new albums debuting ahead of it, would have climbed into the Top 20 without them.

 

from HDD's final projection:

 

22  28  BEYONCE | RENAISSANCE
PARKWOOD/COLUMBIA (SME)
20,924 2% 838  163  19,922

Anybody have an update on Renaissance total CSPS ?? I think last time I checked she achieved platinum in the US, but any WW #’s? 

2 hours ago, EyesOnMe said:
1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

sounds like a greedy bottom to me.

I love Bey and in many ways I'm quite protective of her (not that it means anything in the bigger picture, but I digress). That said, she has to be slightly careful. Even if it means getting better NDAs in place. 

 

Kaytranada (who is very respected in his lane) spilling on credits (a long-running narrative with Bey) ain't it. She always manages to weather the storm, but all it takes that one scenario that sets wheels in motion for others to talk. Him saying this in Billboard with the write-up drawing alignment between him being Black and Queer and the album's celebration of exactly that. Again, it doesn't "look" good.

 

I personally don't give a damn, as I long realized that the industry (even for talented acts like Bey) is about power moves and playing the game. For a Bey, being aggressive/creative with her credits helps her not end up like a lot of her idols like Whitney. Huge, legendary, etc, yet forced to tour when not at their best because of not receiving any royalties for writing/producing. 

 

IMO, part of the epic-ness of Bey is how she's managing to take the best of her idols and avoid the pitfalls. With the latter, she just needs to be...careful. 

 

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

Kaytranada (who is very respected in his lane) spilling on credits (a long-running narrative with Bey) ain't it.

Absolutely nowhere in that article are credits discussed. :skull: That's a bold assumption when all that is mentioned is that he disagreed with the proposed contract terms.

20 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Absolutely nowhere in that article are credits discussed. :skull: That's a bold assumption when all that is mentioned is that he disagreed with the proposed contract terms.

There can only b one @swissman:mandown:

13 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Absolutely nowhere in that article are credits discussed. :skull: That's a bold assumption when all that is mentioned is that he disagreed with the proposed contract terms.

The inference was crystal clear. The quote very clearly referenced "contacts" and knowing his "worth". They aren't talking about anything other than credits (in this case likely production credits/percentages). Or more specifically, royalty points related to production credits.

 

That is literally what such a contract would largely be focussed on.

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

I love Bey and in many ways I'm quite protective of her (not that it means anything in the bigger picture, but I digress). That said, she has to be slightly careful. Even if it means getting better NDAs in place. 

 

Kaytranada (who is very respected in his lane) spilling on credits (a long-running narrative with Bey) ain't it. She always manages to weather the storm, but all it takes that one scenario that sets wheels in motion for others to talk. Him saying this in Billboard with the write-up drawing alignment between him being Black and Queer and the album's celebration of exactly that. Again, it doesn't "look" good.

 

I personally don't give a damn, as I long realized that the industry (even for talented acts like Bey) is about power moves and playing the game. For a Bey, being aggressive/creative with her credits helps her not end up like a lot of her idols like Whitney. Huge, legendary, etc, yet forced to tour when not at their best because of not receiving any royalties for writing/producing. 

 

IMO, part of the epic-ness of Bey is how she's managing to take the best of her idols and avoid the pitfalls. With the latter, she just needs to be...careful. 

 

Well Bey has a history of being extremely generous with her deals. Big Freedia, Busisiwa and TS Madison have repeated this countlessly. I don’t think Parkwood would try to scam him when they deal with these kind of contracts all the time with unknown and super well known artists. Im just going to believe that Kaytranada wanted more than his fair share. He probably thought this was going to be a big pay day for him when it’s just a remix. 
I couldn’t care less what the detractors might conclude about this. 

15 minutes ago, Bobyonce said:

There can only b one @swissman:mandown:

Now what does this have to do with me?

@Cbreezy Someday, one will need to study your singular ability to say a lot and very little all at the same time. I say this with no disrespect because I do generally appreciate your write-ups as proper thought clearly goes into them, but you also do tend to make a lot of unsubstantiated inferences about Bey's state of mind, her MO regarding her career, and the things she actually (secretly!!1!1!) cares about regardless of what she's said/done or hasn't said/done...

 

Again, this is not an attack because I can tell your position is one of stimulating genuine discourse and the like, but I think you would do well to examine your biases on how rational your deductions are and occasionally take a step back to realize what you believe to be probable assumptions are simply just that, assumptions.

 

For example, despite many an impassioned thesis on how she simply could not afford to drop visuals following the tour starting, citing Virgo perfectionist this, moot post-choreo reveal that, here we are :cm: With Ms. Thing still carting her camp circus from city to city, no visual drop in sight, and still looking happier than ever

1 hour ago, Cbreezy said:

I love Bey and in many ways I'm quite protective of her (not that it means anything in the bigger picture, but I digress). That said, she has to be slightly careful. Even if it means getting better NDAs in place. 

 

Kaytranada (who is very respected in his lane) spilling on credits (a long-running narrative with Bey) ain't it. She always manages to weather the storm, but all it takes that one scenario that sets wheels in motion for others to talk. Him saying this in Billboard with the write-up drawing alignment between him being Black and Queer and the album's celebration of exactly that. Again, it doesn't "look" good.

 

I personally don't give a damn, as I long realized that the industry (even for talented acts like Bey) is about power moves and playing the game. For a Bey, being aggressive/creative with her credits helps her not end up like a lot of her idols like Whitney. Huge, legendary, etc, yet forced to tour when not at their best because of not receiving any royalties for writing/producing. 

 

IMO, part of the epic-ness of Bey is how she's managing to take the best of her idols and avoid the pitfalls. With the latter, she just needs to be...careful. 

 

This doesnt reflect badly on Bey at all IMO. They couldnt come to terms on an agreement is all.  He thought he was worth more so they moved on.  She didnt lie, coerce or steal from him.  

8 hours ago, Pepo said:

I was referring to the part following the MJ gesture, see how focused she is on not falling. It's okay though, it was very scenic.

 

Look at Break My Soul. The Eb5 on "everybody" is lipped, but the exact same note during the call and response ("you won't break my soul") is 100% live. She is just a troll.

 

OT: Bey haters are truly one of a kind. They may post death threats aimed at Bey herself, and then shamelessly proceed to post in the Beyoncé base how much they loved the show. Sick individuals.

What??? :biblio:

not @VerdantHue entering here (and other threads) just to thumb down my posts out of spite... from that Kaytranada thread :dies: 

 

kindergarten ****.

5 minutes ago, kimberly said:

not @VerdantHue entering here (and other threads) just to thumb down my posts out of spite... from that Kaytranada thread :dies: 

 

kindergarten ****.

I am embarrassed. I do want to apologize. I am sorry for taking things so personally. I realize I get easily defensive but I don’t want to be negative. I realize how negative I am being. Sorry again.

2 minutes ago, VerdantHue said:

I am embarrassed. I do want to apologize. I am sorry for taking things so personally. I realize I get easily defensive but I don’t want to be negative. I realize how negative I am being. Sorry again.

thank you for acknowledging it. looks like you're new around here. I'd advise not to resort to pettiness and spiral every time you have a disagreement in the future. will save your time, energy, peace of mind.

3 minutes ago, kimberly said:

thank you for acknowledging it. looks like you're new around here. I'd advise not to resort to pettiness and spiral every time you have a disagreement in the future. will save your time, energy, peace of mind.

Truce?

7 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I love Bey and in many ways I'm quite protective of her (not that it means anything in the bigger picture, but I digress). That said, she has to be slightly careful. Even if it means getting better NDAs in place. 

 

Kaytranada (who is very respected in his lane) spilling on credits (a long-running narrative with Bey) ain't it. She always manages to weather the storm, but all it takes that one scenario that sets wheels in motion for others to talk. Him saying this in Billboard with the write-up drawing alignment between him being Black and Queer and the album's celebration of exactly that. Again, it doesn't "look" good.

 

I personally don't give a damn, as I long realized that the industry (even for talented acts like Bey) is about power moves and playing the game. For a Bey, being aggressive/creative with her credits helps her not end up like a lot of her idols like Whitney. Huge, legendary, etc, yet forced to tour when not at their best because of not receiving any royalties for writing/producing. 

 

IMO, part of the epic-ness of Bey is how she's managing to take the best of her idols and avoid the pitfalls. With the latter, she just needs to be...careful. 

 

 

Careful about what? That's the name of business...people negotiate terms & if it doesn't work then it doesn't work. Beyonce is a business woman, things have to make sense for her end too before anything goes forward. "Cuff It" was already a pre-existing composition and hit song before we even heard Kaytranada do his remix. So how is she not entitled to credits when he's remixing a song that was already created? The remix benefits him more than it does her tbh. So if he thinks he's entitled to more things b/c he's a "name" compared to other DJ's...thats his prerogative...but Beyonce doesn't have to walk on eggshells about doing business b/c she didn't think the remix was worth whatever compromise.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.