Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Beyoncé

This is part 1 of the Beyoncé discussion.

Featured Replies

The Gift did 490K yesterday with My Power doing 150K. 

 

I love how this flop is constantly above 300K in streams; on par with many flop studio albums.

  • Replies 143.5k
  • Views 7.2m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It was the best concert of my life, bar none. Idc!    It was extraordinary, it was ineffable.  I knew I loved it based on the videos but I... Hey I don't know.    Best moment

  • SashaDevachelli
    SashaDevachelli

    I know this award is a joke but the point is, she has cemented herself in history with the likes of Whitney and Lauryn. And on top of that she won an award for a genre that completely ridiculed and ex

  • Potentially #1 in the US, UK and Canada in the same week   

7 hours ago, swissman said:

Now what does this have to do with me?

Just giving u a shout out for always protecting our Bey in the base:heart:

7 hours ago, mariposa said:

@Cbreezy Someday, one will need to study your singular ability to say a lot and very little all at the same time. I say this with no disrespect because I do generally appreciate your write-ups as proper thought clearly goes into them, but you also do tend to make a lot of unsubstantiated inferences about Bey's state of mind, her MO regarding her career, and the things she actually (secretly!!1!1!) cares about regardless of what she's said/done or hasn't said/done...

 

Again, this is not an attack because I can tell your position is one of stimulating genuine discourse and the like, but I think you would do well to examine your biases on how rational your deductions are and occasionally take a step back to realize what you believe to be probable assumptions are simply just that, assumptions.

 

For example, despite many an impassioned thesis on how she simply could not afford to drop visuals following the tour starting, citing Virgo perfectionist this, moot post-choreo reveal that, here we are :cm: With Ms. Thing still carting her camp circus from city to city, no visual drop in sight, and still looking happier than evert

Thank you! 

This is what I was trying to say when I quoted @MrLovett and tagged @swissman, but don't know how to present it. 

7 hours ago, mariposa said:

@Cbreezy Someday, one will need to study your singular ability to say a lot and very little all at the same time. I say this with no disrespect because I do generally appreciate your write-ups as proper thought clearly goes into them, but you also do tend to make a lot of unsubstantiated inferences about Bey's state of mind, her MO regarding her career, and the things she actually (secretly!!1!1!) cares about regardless of what she's said/done or hasn't said/done...

 

Again, this is not an attack because I can tell your position is one of stimulating genuine discourse and the like, but I think you would do well to examine your biases on how rational your deductions are and occasionally take a step back to realize what you believe to be probable assumptions are simply just that, assumptions.

 

For example, despite many an impassioned thesis on how she simply could not afford to drop visuals following the tour starting, citing Virgo perfectionist this, moot post-choreo reveal that, here we are :cm: With Ms. Thing still carting her camp circus from city to city, no visual drop in sight, and still looking happier than ever

Perfectly said. :clap3:

9 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

The inference was crystal clear. The quote very clearly referenced "contacts" and knowing his "worth". They aren't talking about anything other than credits (in this case likely production credits/percentages). Or more specifically, royalty points related to production credits.

 

That is literally what such a contract would largely be focussed on.

Tbh I didn't even think about that at all. It seems like he expected more money, which is his right. And it's also Bey's right to say no to what he wanted. Even if that was regarding credits, the same logic applies. 

--------

Btw why another remix, CI remix is already flawless. Or maybe it's like all those RTW remixes we had. 

9 hours ago, mariposa said:

@Cbreezy Someday, one will need to study your singular ability to say a lot and very little all at the same time. I say this with no disrespect because I do generally appreciate your write-ups as proper thought clearly goes into them, but you also do tend to make a lot of unsubstantiated inferences about Bey's state of mind, her MO regarding her career, and the things she actually (secretly!!1!1!) cares about regardless of what she's said/done or hasn't said/done...

 

Again, this is not an attack because I can tell your position is one of stimulating genuine discourse and the like, but I think you would do well to examine your biases on how rational your deductions are and occasionally take a step back to realize what you believe to be probable assumptions are simply just that, assumptions.

 

For example, despite many an impassioned thesis on how she simply could not afford to drop visuals following the tour starting, citing Virgo perfectionist this, moot post-choreo reveal that, here we are :cm: With Ms. Thing still carting her camp circus from city to city, no visual drop in sight, and still looking happier than ever

@mariposa @MrLovett @Bobyonce@Blumoon@Blue Rose@giRLbye.

 

Not me waking up to a circle of lashings lol. 

 

I'll take them, though lol,  a) because some of what y'all said WAS fair and b) because I know any discourse about Bey and credits often turns volcanic. 

 

I try and approach my standom with as much objectivity as possible. I.e. love what I love (about her) and be real about some of the more thorny parts. 

 

I stand by most of what I said because there IS a cloud around Bey's name in certain industry circles when it comes to credits (fairly or unfairly). Albeit a small cloud, but a cloud nonetheless. 

 

Those pointing to the likes of Big Freedia or some of the acts from The Gift as examples respectfully need to apply context. They, as indie or more localized acts, unequivocally benefit from a "Beyonce collaboration" in ways that could MAKE or sustain their whole career. That isn't the case for Kaytranada, who is a very established name globally in his own lane. A lane Bey is coincidentally playing in. 

 

Y'all may indeed be right that maybe he actually wants more than what is considered standard, fair, or even generous. Which, in this case, would put him in the wrong.

 

At the same time, I'm not being far-fetched by pointing out that Bey simply has to be careful when it comes to the topic of credits. Like I said, even if it's a case of putting people under stricter NDAs to not even speak about negotiations. Because the OPTICS (regardless of what is actually happening) do not look good.

 

Especially when before him there is a laundry list of people that have made unfavorable references about her/her camp and credits/royalties: e.g. Ne-Yo, Burna Boy, Mathrew's writing credit on Survivor lol etc.

 

Again, I must stress, that I personally don't care all that much. Working with Bey IS a huge career boost for anyone. And "SUPPOSING" her having high royalty points (which is what I "hear" may be the issue) is a fair trade-off given the opportunities those writers/producers are often flooded with after working with her. IMO it's a case of playing chess not checkers (with the opportunity) and the smart ones get it and benefit from it.

 

I just don't want her name tangled in any mess, because in the absence of any real scandal, there is still a bloodthirstiness to knock her down a few pegs. So, I stand by my point, that she has to be careful around the optics of this topic. That's all. 

 

Ps. Yes, I was passionate in my stance about her not starting the tour without visuals. But that was rooted in logic and her own previous rollouts. She, of course, is on some next-ish this go-round, so we'll all see how it unfolds rather excitingly. That said, we can run back nearly ALL of our posts about everything from the visuals to the tour and we ALL had theories, speculation, and some highly irrational meltdowns (yall know who you are). All of which centered on what we thought/assumed was on her mind. So, not too much on me now :-)

Edited by Cbreezy

21 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Let me tell you this: with the way the World is becoming, its unfortunately not safe to say that the Earth will exist in 10-15 years the way it does now. Heck, we cant even rule out a terrible war that involves nuclear weapons.

 

This means, **** thinking "oh it.too expensive to go" if u havent done it sp far. U never know if there's gonna be a next one

No cause youre absolutely right. Like @BnPac said, these are the things that add life to our lives. I better start saving and planning to see her at last. :chick1:

So… about the POTS remix with ariana

 

https://twitter.com/buzzingpop/status/1667278881361936388?s=46

 

is this actually a thing??

I remember some other cases where this happened but I’m not sure if they turned out to be true.

If Ariana appears when you search POTS does it mean she’s listed in a hidden file or something?? Or could it just be the algorithm that shows her profile because recently a lot of people have searched POTS+ariana (because of the rumours)?

37 minutes ago, Natcrus said:

So… about the POTS remix with ariana

 

https://twitter.com/buzzingpop/status/1667278881361936388?s=46

 

is this actually a thing??

I remember some other cases where this happened but I’m not sure if they turned out to be true.

If Ariana appears when you search POTS does it mean she’s listed in a hidden file or something?? Or could it just be the algorithm that shows her profile because recently a lot of people have searched POTS+ariana (because of the rumours)?

A number one is coming as with most of Ariana’s remixes. We’re about to score a second number of the era :ghostface:who woulda thought, huh? :clownny:

1 hour ago, Natcrus said:

So… about the POTS remix with ariana

 

https://twitter.com/buzzingpop/status/1667278881361936388?s=46

 

is this actually a thing??

I remember some other cases where this happened but I’m not sure if they turned out to be true.

If Ariana appears when you search POTS does it mean she’s listed in a hidden file or something?? Or could it just be the algorithm that shows her profile because recently a lot of people have searched POTS+ariana (because of the rumours)?

IDK, but this is how we knew the collabs on Lemonade

1 hour ago, Kh-Loud said:

A number one is coming as with most of Ariana’s remixes. We’re about to score a second number of the era :ghostface:who woulda thought, huh? :clownny:

it won't go #1 , not even close  :gaycat6:

The other remixes were already singles with significant radio, that's why they went #1

 

26 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

IDK, but this is how we knew the collabs on Lemonade

wait :duca:

 

  • ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, kimberly said:

not @VerdantHue entering here (and other threads) just to thumb down my posts out of spite... from that Kaytranada thread :dies: 

 

kindergarten ****.

He’s weird as hell.

 

Always inserting himself and eager to attack anyone he sees w/ a Bey avi ever since he joined. :rip:

On 5/30/2023 at 8:40 PM, Blue Rose said:

spacer.png

 

I'm That Girl - 

Cozy - 

Alien Superstar -

Cuff It - 

Energy - 

Break My Soul -

Church Girl - 

Plastic Off The Sofa - 

Virgo's Groove - 

Move - 

Heated - 

Thique - 

All Up In Your Mind - 

America Has A Problem -

Pure/Honey -

Summer Renaissance - 

Please send your rates this weekend. We are close to 40 ballots and I would love if we could get there

 

spacer.png

They registered a new "unknown writer" on the BMI page of Plastic Off The Sofa... :jonny5:

7 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

They registered a new "unknown writer" on the BMI page of Plastic Off The Sofa... :jonny5:

so i just checked, the “unknown writer” is affiliated to NS while Ariana is represented by SESAC. So i think that proves that it’s not her.

 

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

so i just checked, the “unknown writer” is affiliated to NS while Ariana is represented by SESAC. So i think that proves that it’s not her.

 

They’re tryna throw us off. Ariana off the sofa is coming omg :jonny:

2 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

so i just checked, the “unknown writer” is affiliated to NS while Ariana is represented by SESAC. So i think that proves that it’s not her.

 

NS just means not specified, it's the default when the writer doesn't have an affiliation or isn't revealed yet

I don't want Ariana anywhere near POTS.

 

That is such an intimate track and a very clear ode to her relationship with Jay. What could Ariana grande possibly add to the song? 

7 hours ago, simon said:

Destiny Fulfilled is hitting me hard tonight! 

It’s been T-shirt for me lately. 

Just now, AxelFox said:

I don't want Ariana anywhere near POTS.

 

That is such an intimate track and a very clear ode to her relationship with Jay. What could Ariana grande possibly add to the song? 

If the entire album is getting remixed like the rumors are currently saying, i think it makes sense. Renaissance as a concept is begging to see every track remixed

3 minutes ago, bwhansen said:

If the entire album is getting remixed like the rumors are currently saying, i think it makes sense. Renaissance as a concept is begging to see every track remixed

Well if that is indeed the case I'd much rather she did a re-imagining of the song a la Cuff It than plaster some unnecessary feature on it. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.