Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Mariah - Litter Box unappreciation thread

Featured Replies

This is honestly worse than the albums people consider her worse albums ie: Charmbracelet

Random and false. Music Box is decent collection of songs, some good some not, but at least no breathy vocals, just clean, powerful Mariah we knew and fell in love.

How dare OP biblio

This album contains some of the most iconic pop balladry of all time.

This incredible international BONUS TRACK that should have been on all editions of the OG album

These 3 classics back-to-back jonny2

And she even snuck a cute gay 90s house bop in for the gworls gayriahcat2

False. It's a good album and it becomes a great album with a bit of tinkering.

  • Author
1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

False. It's a good album and it becomes a great album with a bit of tinkering.

So it's not a good album then if you need to do tinkering?Kesha - Base - ATRL

Just now, Ghostface91 said:

So it's not a good album then if you need to do tinkering?Kesha - Base - ATRL

I said it becomes great with some tinkering.

12 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

I said it becomes great with some tinkering.

Tea. She had the tracks there for a superior album

Swap these (maybe make them Japan bonus tracks or something):

  • "Just to Hold You Once Again"

  • "Never Forget You" (how was this a single? biblio)

  • "All I've Ever Wanted"

For these:

  • "Do You Think of Me"

  • "Workin' Hard"

  • "Everything Fades Away"

Tracklist could have been:

  1. "Do You Think of Me"

  2. "Dreamlover"

  3. "Hero"

  4. "Anytime You Need a Friend"

  5. "Music Box"

  6. "Now That I Know"

  7. "Workin' Hard"

  8. "I've Been Thinking About You"

  9. "Without You"

  10. "Everything Fades Away"

Literally would be one of her best albums easily

Edited by LesFleur

I don't approve this thread.

The album contains some of her best vocal performances and songs.

"Anytime you need a friend" and "Everything fades away" are 2 of her best songs ever.

"Dreamlover" is a cute bop, "Without you", "Hero" and "Music box" are all lovely ballads.

Your taste buds are rotten, babe.

azealia

While I agree that the album is not good it does have a few highlights (Anytime You Need A Friend, Everything Fades Away, Dreamlover) that saves of from being a complete mess.

The vocals on it are pristine, but the album is rather bland and suffers from a lack of personality. It's Mariah's version of I Am... Sasha Fierce.

I will agree that Dreamlover is... not that cute. Remixes for this album are pristine!

I agree that it's lower tier Mariah and her only primarily AC affair thanks to Mottola at his most controlling, but it does have some great b-sides and remixes at least. There was a fantastic album somewhere in there with the right track list.

Not too much on the album that had her international breakthrough smash "Without You" and so many classic #1s - Dreamlover and Hero

The singles were A+ even though the rest of thr album is whatever

It has its moments, like all of her earlier albums, but it's not a favorite.

I disagree. I think people just don't like adult contemporary music because this album has no skips imo. I could see someone being bored by some songs, but there's nothing bad here

the worst song is hero and even that's a classic

Her tone in this album is the most beautiful I've ever heard by a contemporary female vocalist.

It has debut and emotions' soul and gospel

And daydream's light, air and dreamy sound

You can't make a bad album with a voice like that. Also Anytime you need a friend is a classic.

she could've sang the phone book as far as I'm concerned swan

The album turned me into a fan in 1994. It felt like being re-born.

I will forever defend its honor as one of the greatest albums ever made.

My critics score: 9.8 / 10.

Everything Fades Away
Just To Hold You Once Again
Music Box
Anytime you Need a Friend
Hero
Wihtout You
All I've ever wanted

Equally rank as the greatest music a woman has ever recorded, released and performed.

Go listen to your pop girls... this is music for people with self-respect.

This album outsold the following careers:

Jennifer Lopez
Christina Aguilera

... and that matters because that's why.

  • Author
7 minutes ago, stevyy said:

The album turned me into a fan in 1994. It felt like being re-born.

I will forever defend its honor as one of the greatest albums ever made.

My critics score: 9.8 / 10.

Everything Fades Away
Just To Hold You Once Again
Music Box
Anytime you Need a Friend
Hero
Wihtout You
All I've ever wanted

Equally rank as the greatest music a woman has ever recorded, released and performed.

Go listen to your pop girls... this is music for people with self-respect.

Mariah is a pop girl too... she's not Bjork stevyy

4 minutes ago, Ghostface91 said:

Mariah is a pop girl too... she's not Bjork stevyy

we have different definitions of pop and girls.

I am listening to the song Music Box right now, just to spite the non-tasters here... and it's magical. Pure magic. Pure class.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.