Everything posted by Reverie
-
Do RYM users pan your music taste?
Undeniable talents! But it's just kinda rare for me to want to press play on them I will check out their Christmas album though because I give everyone a chance for Christmas music when I fully embrace cheesiness
-
Do RYM users pan your music taste?
Right because that's the best song of all time and should be at minimum a 4.8... and I can't imagine too many pop or rock biased users were rating it so the only explanation is that the Boyz II Men fans organized against their biggest threat. It's time for me to make a RYM account and fight back
-
Do RYM users pan your music taste?
Ariana Grande - Right There 3.45/5 Jodeci - Love U 4 Life 3.96/5 Ciara - You Can Get It 3.12/5 f(x) - All Night 4.10/5 Mariah Carey - The Distance 4.02/5 Vince Staples - Big Fish 4.23/5 Aretha Franklin - Groovin 3.78/5 Katy Perry - Birthday 3.36/5 Twice - What Is Love 4.35/5 Tennis - No Exit 4.14/5 3.85 the acclaim Did I cheat a bit yes #Justice4Cici
-
Mariah Carey
She wants us partying to Loverboy with our winter jackets on like alright
-
Mariah Carey
Like AIWFCIY is the worthy all time Pop classic but when it comes to the original songs the MCIIY trinity of When Christmas Comes, Christmas Time Is In the Air Again, Oh Santa is simply too good and the first two are what capture the true spirit of #ItsTime while we're at it. And the rest of the album is just a better listen too the Funk of Here Comes Santa Claus, Born is the King sex jam, the warmth of the arrangements of O Little Town + Charlie Brown Christmas which is taste because 1) Charlie Brown Christmas best Christmas album ever thank you Vince Guaraldi Trio 2) A lovely vocal of the... vocal version of Christmas Time is Here because that's the one skip for me, all love to those kids though. Like of course it's gonna clear. Miss You Most is beautiful but I honestly have too many different instances of putting on the album while doing some Christmas activities, cooking, baking, decorating, whatever and that song killing the vibe KWJENHWEH like it really is too depressing when you're not in the mood I actually like Christmas music so I need some variety and fun. And Jesus Born on This Day is never being picked over any of the three originals from MCIIY Both albums would be sooo much better especially MCIIY if they were at least 50% original songs from her and not... three each because she is absolutely outwriting all those classic canon composers. But it is what it is
-
Mariah Carey
Ugh Allahbracelet might be her most fab era she was so sexy and in healing. Imagine being one of the 500 fans to get the actual sterling silver Charmbracelets like can we please get that back for #Charmbracelet25 next year @mariahcarey thank you! I'll take stainless steel from Aliexpress if I have to like honestly https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/mariah-carey-limited-edition-charmbracelet I hope at least that one fan got one cuz she deserved it
-
Tinashe - 'Popstar'
Aww this is so lovely to see it felt like she was synonymous with "underrated pop girl who could've had it all" for so long. And she really earned it with this album, amazing front to back
-
'Popstar' Review Thread | MC: 90 | NME: 100 | Pitchfork: 9.0
Deserved for Cloud 9
-
Mariah Carey
Now I'm back to the future missing you... My sweet baby
- Queen of the Night or Black Cat
- 🍂 it's autism 🍂 what are your favorite autumn albums?
- Mariah - Litter Box unappreciation thread
-
The ATRL Nickname Contest | Participation deadline: October 10th
Idk what's really going on but I wanna say that I kinda originated the nickname for Exacerbation of Screami a decade ago
-
Mariah Carey
Eats up her first Christmas album and a lovely (once a year) listen all the way through yes it's true!
-
Mariah Carey
Once he makes it past Rainbow into the new millennium he's within the promised land
-
Mariah Carey
That's why I'm worried about the Glitter delay like wtf are we gonna do to hold him over... who has a high quality rip
-
Mariah Carey
Everyone so excited for our new Lambs to get to Butterfly even her biggest haters are checking on the base while their fave announces a new terrorism plot
-
Mariah Carey
Kelela has the same fave song as me, why? X (formerly Twitter)nelly frittata (@wigremoval) on XAge-restricted adult content. This content might not be appropriate for people under 18 years old. To view this media, you'll need to log in to X. Learn more
-
Mariah Carey
Yesss I found it 22:30 Probably a bad transcription but I'm not typing all that out
-
Mariah Carey
She needs to release that damn soundtrack in time for you to get to after Rainbow
-
Mariah Carey
Oops clicked submit too early @conatus giving my empty unedited post a like anyways you're so real my friend
-
Mariah Carey
I think The Roof is usually the instant fave from first time or more casual listeners because the vibe from the Shook Ones sample is just too goated. I kinda have a bone to pick with people saying it's her most trip hop because well she doesn't need to touch Trip Hop when she already has the original Hip Hop! But it's not entirely wrong as aesthetic evaluation because it's based primarily on Herbie Hancock and Quincy Jones samples and Jazz + Hip Hop is very Trip Hop. And I get people wanting to hear more of that particular kind of sound from her Fourth of July will probably always be my fave because it's just so insanely plush and heady Breakdown would be my pick for greatest artistic achievement from the album though, it deserves way more appreciation for being one of the most outstanding examples of rap singing by a pop artist and a precursor before the style really became mainstream. She's emulating the highly stylized and unique melodic flow of Bone Thugs n Harmony which ended up being a perfect fit for her. Like to not just have one great rap verse but write a whole song where she goes toe to toe with them in terms of lyrical creativity, flow, rhyme schemes, etc. is insane, especially keeping in mind this is the decade where she was still very much the AC ballad head girl in charge. And then the latter half of the song where breaks down in a different style of vocal arrangements... It's gotta be the most ambitious and experimental song on the album and I think that opinion is supplemented by my fave anecdote of the entire album which is Mariah getting too high off a weed brownie in the evening after she recorded the song and getting paranoid that she sounded crazy and was doing too much My second most listened is probably Babydoll tho no one does extended outros like her
-
Mariah Carey
We listen to DIVAS ArtfinderMiss Piggy as Herself. (2025) Oil painting by Mathew HalpinCould there be a more important roll model for kids than Miss Piggy? She knows what she wants and goes to get it. She takes no prisoners and mixes tal...
-
Mariah Carey
Whoa.....the warm tones.... the positions of the striking reds within their hands...
-
Mariah Carey
No one has ever accomplished as comprehensive an artistic project as MIAM it's true. Is it a surprise Fiona Apple's last poem derived extensive album title was The Idler Wheel in 2012? She did pave that particular path but she knew who rightfully claimed the throne Come to think of it. The similar color schemes... whoa. And Mariah completed her piece in 1973? We really do discover new musical connections with the MIAM panel every meeting.