Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

The ooh, ooh before the chorus of I'd Rather Be Alone... The harmonies, the ad-libs... jonny5 icanheargod.gif

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Views 126.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

2 minutes ago, needs said:

The way this album makes you want to play it over and over and over

That's my issue atm bibliahh any time I go to listen to a track I end up listening to the whole album

54 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Wow jonny4 bigger than its debut.

Can somebody tell me her position on the artist chart?

Global is N/A so far, but in US: #114 (=), so the streams for yesterday should be similar to Wenesdays or maybe a little better?

38 minutes ago, Clarksonator said:

Wonder why the streams suddenly jumped by 50%? Hoping this album becomes (even more of) a moment for her clap3

word of mouth + the pitchfork review definitely helped.. many gave it a listen after it got a 9, also her posts celebrating the critical and commercial success have gotten much more engagement, she's having her moment

The way Flashbacks to a minute to hit but when it did I truly started living for it

zendaya

Dutch Album Chart
#76 Popstar (NEW)
For the first time in top 100!

Sadly, no debut in Germany after appearing on the mid-week chart. Their chart is revenue-based, though.

Edited by °ColdFire°

20 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

GP/Normies are responding so well to Popstar because it's Tinashe's first true macro story driven/narrative album.

Her mixtapes and albums usually focus on the micro (world-building, cohesiveness, mood, aesthetic).

This is the first time since In Case We Die we're getting a story driven album, but even with ICWD it was the interludes driving the story forward.

Popstar is kinda direct, up-in-your-face personal story narrative. IMO I see it as sort of a GKMC vs TPAB/Damn situation it's a lot easier for people to grasp on to a concept that's spelt out and narrated for them.

I totally agree with this point.

and guess what I found this morning? the crack laced into Twentyfive Eight, oh ok!

The only problem I have with the album is the sequencing; Brainrot feels more like a "beginning track" than a "last track." I don't know if you understand what I mean.

ryan3

48 minutes ago, Liamm said:

Atlanticunty and Gag Life playlisting melatonin and NWDA on major playlists on AM

They NEED to stepped up their pusdy game With Spotify and radio payola.

As far I know, she only has distribution deal with Atlantic/warner. I know this past week prove they have something great on their hands and hopefully they don't fumble it.

Edited by nuclear

the fact that this could almost double Aquarius's first week… RCA you are BONES

jonny

The replay value this album has is insane jonny5 see what happens when you make interesting pop music?! I hear a new sound in every listen that I didn't hear before.

Edited by perfectillusion204

1 hour ago, My20sBlues said:

The only problem I have with the album is the sequencing; Brainrot feels more like a "beginning track" than a "last track." I don't know if you understand what I mean.

ryan3

Agreed but perfecting my own version of the tracklist makes me listen to the album even more so a win is a win

ryan3

1 hour ago, Breathe On Moi said:

and guess what I found this morning? the crack laced into Twentyfive Eight, oh ok!

1 hour ago, rebeltwat said:

"twentyfive eight!"

Meryl Streep Singing Is the New Twitter Meme You Need to See ...

Yasss i love seeing the praise. clap3Ive been stanning this song since day 1

it's so cool to see her having a moment rn jonny2 glad I got tickets for the November show, kinda feel people will start bandwagoning and it may be hard to get tickets for the actual tour. Wild.

7 hours ago, nuclear said:

She working this era and really taking most of our(my) suggestions.

We love a queen that listen

We need Quen Feeding Starving Celebs next to hit all four quadrants coffee

Another 90 review dropped eligible for AOTY, but not metacritic

God Is In The TV
No image preview

Tinashe - Popstar (Nice Life/Tinashe Music) - God Is In T...

Tinashe is an artist who has experienced the ups and downs of the music industry. Her 2014 debut, Aquarius quickly cemented her as an exciting name in the

1 hour ago, Ashley Banks said:

Prediction updated to 33K jonny5

Nora Music had it at 31k before the pitchfork rating & the two new iTunes variants dropped. I think she's pushing 35k region now

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.