Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

Literally her "email I can't send ". We need Taylor swift ft on Heavy weight for that catalyst. I hope they book Coachella next year and her espresso is in the works.

Edited by nuclear

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 127.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

27 minutes ago, Liamm said:

I mean if we Lean into the context and message of that album we will find sadness and anxiety

So to me saying it's her best when she was clearly in a bad place mentally doing that album it's such an absurd thing to claim as fans if yall really love her

I mean yeah she was probably at a low point in her career when Nightride was put together (although I'd argue the post-Joyride + Nashe getting shelved era was arguably even worse for her mentally but obviously that's just speculation that I respectfully wouldn't wanna pry into), but I don't see how that makes calling it her best album "absurd" if you actually love her. Thousands of artists have made some of their best and most successful music during/about genuinely terrible periods of their lives (Lemonade, thank u, next, Magdalene, Blackout, etc). I think I get what you're trying to say, but I think that being able to appreciate the art that came out of a difficult time isn't the same thing as celebrating the circumstances that produced it. Plus, there's a reason the whole "suffering makes great art" cliché exists. You can feel bad for what she was going through (rightfully so!) and still think she made a top-tier album bc those things aren't mutually exclusive. One last thing, considering quite a few of the tracks were originally intended for Joyride, I'd honestly argue that there was probably some relief in finally being able to put those songs out in some form, rather than having them continue to sit around while she was dealing with the l*bel.

Anyway, stream Popstar everyone!

Edited by grimqueix
Adding thoughts

1 hour ago, Liamm said:

I mean if we Lean into the context and message of that album we will find sadness and anxiety

So to me saying it's her best when she was clearly in a bad place mentally doing that album it's such an absurd thing to claim as fans if yall really love her

if anything it is her most fought of body for work, they wouldn't let her release the "joyride" that she wanted so this mixtape (that they did not promote and barely put money behind) was the compromise.

it, coupled with like half of the released joyride album, is her true sophomore album. we're so lucky to have it. it's her best album imo. art is often sad and poignant, her mixtapes explored a lot of the same themes

Edited by oshyms

This is really her best project for me maybe. Every single song is hitting and she's served everything I love from her on one album. It's dancey, R&B, smooth production, it's got those fun weird moments… a mixture of everything she does but perfected. I'd just like longer tracks I guess, that's my one issue

stuck with a stupid a$$ look on ur face

cuz ur mad right? zendaya

Edited by honianti

Sunglasses is so interesting eek

I'd rather Be Alone and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore are both very cute

Crash Out still goes hard jonny5 I don't wanne see no hate in this thread, please

I kinda forgot about Pillow Fight. But a bop, just like the first listen clap3

Brainrot eekeek Why only 2 minutes tho chick3 Develop a little more on that ending and we could have a smash right here

Cloud 9 is cute, but needs to grow a bit more

Guess this isn't gonna be my happy ending
Oh, I tried to bite my tonguе, but I just couldn't help it

mCRyTOI.gif
Oh, if pain's the price of lovе, then I just can't accept it
And I don't wanna say this, but I just gotta send it
'Cause, oh, I, I'd rather be alone, woah-woah

mCRyTOI.gif
Than wait around for better with you
Oh, I, I'd rather be alone
Than spend my life holding on forever with you

Edited by pinkbowvintage

The way she segmented the album into 3 parts with Sunglasses, Empty Stadium and Twentyfive Eight, which all sound like sibling songs. So good jonny

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

35 minutes ago, YoungDreamer said:

The NIN mashup is insane I swear

Let her team know

Another day being obsessed with Cloud 9 and Sunglasses jonny

the way twenty-five eight clicked from today. I swear this gets better each time I listen to it. this really might be her best album (this coming from a songs for you/333 truther)

Also, in parts Popstar feels quite influenced by fka twigs Eusexua: Afterglow (in the best possible way). I live for the etheral moments

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

Flashbacks is ******* psychotic I can't get over it jonny

The way it kinda serving melancholic ballad and throw it back typa music atm nnnn i dont know what to feel, but i live

Also I feel like this is the first album where she put mega banger in each segment of an album

The first part is carried by Melatonin

The second part by Crash out

And then the last part by NBWDA

I liiiive for this

I have this album on repeat! Love it!

I must confess I deleted the Show Must Go On which bring nothing and Brainrot still have to grow on me.

I think is a pretty decent album all things considered, but it's far from her best. My faves after a couple of listens are Brainrot, Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore, Cloud 9 (and Melatonin and Pillow Fight from the singles).

Flashbacks though...what the hell is that rip

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.