Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

only listened the whole album twice. So far the last 3 songs are hitting the hardest for me 😍😍😍

queen really delivered!!

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 132k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

The intro to Sunglasses immediately had me hooked, really enjoyed the rest of the song too.

Empty Stadium and Brainrot....easily two of the most sonically engrossing songs to have come out this yar

So, while I do like this, I was expecting something a little different. Some more Melatonins/Crash Outs cause that's what the singles were kinda giving imo.

That being said, this is probably her best album production-wise! I smell Nightride (her best album imo) and Joyride all over this. It's like a re-upped and revamped baby of those two albums.

Surprised at Cloud 9 hate, it's a clear standout to me, along with Sunglasses, Brainrot, and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore. Empty Stadium is lyrically strong, I feel for her.

All of the singles also remain standouts on the album too. I'm going to need some more time to digest the album but atm I think it's in her top 3 albums, but probably behind Nightride and 333.

1 hour ago, nuclear said:

I am scared about the pitchfork review. They have been so quiet this era.

I expect ~7

I highly doubt it'll be lower than that, but I don't see them giving it above an 8.

The OG tracklist flows amazingly even with Empty Stadium as track 2 and Twentyfive Eight/Heavy Weight at the end. Makes me more curious what that cut song was redface

43 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

So, while I do like this, I was expecting something a little different. Some more Melatonins/Crash Outs cause that's what the singles were kinda giving imo.

That being said, this is probably her best album production-wise! I smell Nightride (her best album imo) and Joyride all over this. It's like a re-upped and revamped baby of those two albums.

Surprised at Cloud 9 hate, it's a clear standout to me, along with Sunglasses, Brainrot, and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore. Empty Stadium is lyrically strong, I feel for her.

All of the singles also remain standouts on the album too. I'm going to need some more time to digest the album but atm I think it's in her top 3 albums, but probably behind Nightride and 333.

Remix version of Popstar & Brainrot; I think we're bound to get those at some point

She just keeps getting better and better with every album, I'm still not over BB/ANG3L yet and this blows it out of the water.

2 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Anyone else surprised she didn't have a visual ready for release along with the album? I was fully expecting a Popstar MV considering she was teasing that song so much since the start of the era.

She talked a lot about wanting the album to speak for itself, I don't think we're getting anything so soon

flashbacks is such a standout like whew its like a weird hybrid mix of donk but bjork ?

58 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

So, while I do like this, I was expecting something a little different. Some more Melatonins/Crash Outs cause that's what the singles were kinda giving imo.

That being said, this is probably her best album production-wise! I smell Nightride (her best album imo) and Joyride all over this. It's like a re-upped and revamped baby of those two albums.

Surprised at Cloud 9 hate, it's a clear standout to me, along with Sunglasses, Brainrot, and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore. Empty Stadium is lyrically strong, I feel for her.

All of the singles also remain standouts on the album too. I'm going to need some more time to digest the album but atm I think it's in her top 3 albums, but probably behind Nightride and 333.

I feel the same, im a little let down tbh. Crash Out and Melatonin are SOOOOOOOOOO insanely good like ive been bumping them none stop that amost everything else fell flat.

Edited by MusicIsMyMaster

1 hour ago, starstruckaj said:

The OG tracklist flows amazingly even with Empty Stadium as track 2 and Twentyfive Eight/Heavy Weight at the end. Makes me more curious what that cut song was redface

What's the OG track list?

there are no skips for me, but faves are:

Sunglasses
Melatonin
Empty Stadium
Iʻd Rather Be Alone
Crashout
Pillow Fight
Popstar
Brainrot

Haven't had a chance to listen to the album yet but listened to the title track because of how much I've been anticipating it and damn

She's being way more honest and explicit in her lyrics than before

Holy f***ing ****!!! This is sooo good. Banger after banger, jam after jam. I think I'm going through break up rn, so I'd Rather Be Alone is just doing things to me rn, cause I'm that ******* *****, as my girl Tinashe. What a blaaast. heart

Heavy Weight.. jonny2

Edited by music_cunt

Amazing album, Sunglasses, Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore and Empty Stadium are insane gaycat6 She just keeps evolving and making statements, and it feels so organic every time

her consistency is insane, she really never misses and it feels like her only competitor is ever herself

jonny

il be back with thoughts soon, really enjoying this as i always do with new tinashe. arcanashe is crazy

So proud of our mom. We've come so ****ing far. OG sweetees, you know where we've come from, I see yall, enjoy this moment, it's for us. No matter the numbers and what the critics say, an album this good with so much goodwill feels like the peak of her career... so far, for sure! heart2

Nobody Wanna Dance has been on repeat all day! johnald

Edited by Gavin.

Great album, definitely 8/10 for me.

Was expecting more bangers, but the hooks and melodies are great. Something about the album gives me Fantasea vibes in certain moments.

Oh my god i love me some good lore!! So apparently they're saying when Tinashe was in the studio recording Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore, it's being reported that Britney Spears was actually in the booth and they had her apply her p u n a n i onto the mic while Tinashe was harmonizing and they came up with something absolutely magical!!! wtffffff i love that so so soooo much for them jonny5jonny5jonny3

Edited by Breathe On Moi

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.