Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I need Tinashe to take Chxrry, Jae Stephens, Natanya etc under her wings and build her own scene like Charli did. Starting with them on Popstar remixes

I can totally see the vision and would love for her to do that but being the Aquarius that she is, I don't think she's the type to make her own squad. (I mean, her last 3 albums are completely featureless)

If anyone were to do that I think PinkP would more likely be open to that Idea. I can see Tinashe joining in but being the leader of such a group is unlikely.

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Views 128.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

I think Cloud 9 could be a hit. Its at this point in time VERY underrated, but theres magic in there. Its quickly becoming one of my Top3 songs

2 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I need Tinashe to take Chxrry, Jae Stephens, Natanya etc under her wings and build her own scene like Charli did. Starting with them on Popstar remixes

Eh add them as features so that these songs can have some damn bridges

Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore featuring Jae Stephens*

Brainrot featuring Chxrry*

Melatonin featuring Britney Spears on the hook and Tinashe gives us proper verses so that the song isn't so repetitive

Melatonin could only have one sensible collab, and that is Ms Honey Dijon and/or Grace Jones.

49 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Melatonin could only have one sensible collab, and that is Ms Honey Dijon and/or Grace Jones.

You ate that, I have been thinking about that since it was release. I never post it because I doubt Grace even knows who Tinashe is or even cares to. Maybe we can get a remix from Honey Dijon as part of a remix pack. Both artists on melatonin would be Iconic.

Edited by nuclear

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Eh add them as features so that these songs can have some damn bridges

Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore featuring Jae Stephens*

Brainrot featuring Chxrry*

Melatonin featuring Britney Spears on the hook and Tinashe gives us proper verses so that the song isn't so repetitive

Sis heart but absolutely not with most of these.

The only person that make sense for NWDA is Britney spear (won't happen cause she retired) and Nine inch nails.

Britney makes absolutely no sense on melatonin.

but love the effort sis heart

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think Cloud 9 could be a hit. Its at this point in time VERY underrated, but theres magic in there. Its quickly becoming one of my Top3 songs

It is one of the people favorites, could win over the black community with that one. Could be her Apple. If she can slay this song live it will go viral. Her mini "why don't you love me?" Live version.

Bruno Mars or Jazmine Sullivan would be great on that one.

Edited by nuclear

  • Author
4 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I need Tinashe to take Chxrry, Jae Stephens, Natanya etc under her wings and build her own scene like Charli did. Starting with them on Popstar remixes

She mentioned on a recent interview that she is obsessed with Chxrry's album (and Detour)

  • Author
3 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I think Cloud 9 could be a hit. Its at this point in time VERY underrated, but theres magic in there. Its quickly becoming one of my Top3 songs

Actually it is getting some early attention from Tiktok users which I find very interesting

Album grew on me!

Still don't understand why too easy was the 1st single. The budget could've been given to Melatonin or Nobody wanna dance anymore. Like she really has a breakthrough hit on her hands there celestial5

Belgian Album Chart (Flanders):
#36 Popstar (NEW)

Belgian Album Chart (Wallonia):
#64 Popstar (NEW)

Swiss Album Chart:
#66 Popstar (NEW)

4 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

I can totally see the vision and would love for her to do that but being the Aquarius that she is, I don't think she's the type to make her own squad. (I mean, her last 3 albums are completely featureless)

If anyone were to do that I think PinkP would more likely be open to that Idea. I can see Tinashe joining in but being the leader of such a group is unlikely.

Yes, I know, lol. And honestly, I think it was part of the reason why she lost some opportunities throughout her career, especially at the beginning of her mainstream run. She really isn't able to play a bit "fake", and I don't mean that as something bad. But many people link up, either in features or simply going to industry parties so they can be seen together and maximize their exposure. Tinashe never did that.

14 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

or simply going to industry parties so they can be seen together and maximize their exposure. Tinashe never did that.

a really admirable feature of her personality. i love how she does her own thing and doesn't play the game, when "playing the game" really could have taken her to higher levels of fame and exposure numerous times throughout the years. likely also why she is revered by her peers

she really is just at home hanging with her cat, smoking, making excellent art

1 hour ago, Bidi bidi bom bom said:

Album grew on me!

Still don't understand why too easy was the 1st single. The budget could've been given to Melatonin or Nobody wanna dance anymore. Like she really has a breakthrough hit on her hands there celestial5

1 hour ago, Bidi bidi bom bom said:

Album grew on me!

Still don't understand why too easy was the 1st single. The budget could've been given to Melatonin or Nobody wanna dance anymore. Like she really has a breakthrough hit on her hands there celestial5

Too Easy opened the conversation about how Tinashe IS a popstar, and not only that, but she is also a reference for many.

She acknowledged the "kpop copies Tinashe" narrative in a very smart, classy way. They couldn't disagree nor call her bitter for it.

On top of that, the video goes hard and the song allows for the best dance routine any song of the album could have.

Sometimes, the lead single doesn't have to be the best song or the one with most potential to become a hit.

Loved this absolutely. Whew the renaissance in dance pop music is so amazing rn

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

She mentioned on a recent interview that she is obsessed with Chxrry's album (and Detour)

Link? jonny I'm dying for their interaction

Question from someone who knows nothing about how charts work:

If she had put NBB remix on this album, would she have debuted even higher?

10 hours ago, Nashe said:

I fear Atlantic isn't going to do anything with this hype and just wait out for something to blow up on tiktok monkey

we really needed a televised performance at least

These labels just do not give her enough credit for the potential, it's so strange and frustrating

But I think this album can really stand on its own and spread by word of mouth. She's proven she doesn't need them, and the high-budget energy of this era is already a plus

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.