Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, nuclear said:

I'dRBA is coming for crash out and melatonin wigs, she should promote this one.

With the amount of Twitter hype and viral tweets for Melatonin, you'd think it would be streaming a lot more. Twitter hype really ain't worth **** (Nasty being the exemption) chick3

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Views 117.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

  • Popular Post

250px-Tinashe_-_Aquarius.png?utm_source= AquariusCurrent.jpeg?utm_source=en.wikip

Tinashe - Aquarius

Tinashe's debut album and 4th overall project. A masterpiece years in the making. Tinashe stated she recorded over 100+ songs just for this record. It serves as the perfect introduction to Tinashe. Aquarius being her star sign. Tinashe's song "How Many Times" samples Janet Jackson's classic track "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun) as a homage to one of her biggest inspirations. It also includes the Interlude "Deep in The Night" which features vocals of a 5 year old Tinashe performing the very first song she ever wrote.

This album also served as her major label debut with her song 2 On which is herald as a club classic. The album also includes the bonus track "Watch Me Work" which charted back in 2016 cause people thought it was Rihanna's song Work. The album has been cited as an influential album and was included in several year end "best of 2014" publications.

YouTube Link

Spotify Link

9 Days Left To POPST★R

  • Popular Post
24 minutes ago, Indie Go Mind said:

250px-Tinashe_-_Aquarius.png?utm_source= AquariusCurrent.jpeg?utm_source=en.wikip

Tinashe - Aquarius

Tinashe's debut album and 4th overall project. A masterpiece years in the making. Tinashe stated she recorded over 100+ songs just for this record. It serves as the perfect introduction to Tinashe. Aquarius being her star sign. Tinashe's song "How Many Times" samples Janet Jackson's classic track "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun) as a homage to one of her biggest inspirations. It also includes the Interlude "Deep in The Night" which features vocals of a 5 year old Tinashe performing the very first song she ever wrote.

This album also served as her major label debut with her song 2 On which is herald as a club classic. The album also includes the bonus track "Watch Me Work" which charted back in 2016 cause people thought it was Rihanna's song Work. The album has been cited as an influential album and was included in several year end "best of 2014" publications.

YouTube Link

Spotify Link

9 Days Left To POPST★R

not to be dramatic but this album changed my life. i so vivildy remember listening to it out of nowhere, with no knowledge of Tinashe, just becuase i thought the album cover was a serve. I was 16 sitting in a grade 11 maths class streaming and when i tell you the first 3 tracks had me so gagged jonny

12 minutes ago, willmcclure9 said:

not to be dramatic but this album changed my life. i so vivildy remember listening to it out of nowhere, with no knowledge of Tinashe, just becuase i thought the album cover was a serve. I was 16 sitting in a grade 11 maths class streaming and when i tell you the first 3 tracks had me so gagged jonny

You're not being dramatic cause it's the absolute same for me. Before this album, my listening habits were just singles on top of the chart and just songs I've taken a liking to.

Tinashe was my first experience listening to a whole body of work. She showed me what a cohesive album could sound like and how much of a journey it could be. She's literally my gateway to be more adventurous with my listening habits and for that I'm eternally grateful. chick3

40 minutes ago, Indie Go Mind said:

250px-Tinashe_-_Aquarius.png?utm_source= AquariusCurrent.jpeg?utm_source=en.wikip

Tinashe - Aquarius

Tinashe's debut album and 4th overall project. A masterpiece years in the making. Tinashe stated she recorded over 100+ songs just for this record. It serves as the perfect introduction to Tinashe. Aquarius being her star sign. Tinashe's song "How Many Times" samples Janet Jackson's classic track "Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun) as a homage to one of her biggest inspirations. It also includes the Interlude "Deep in The Night" which features vocals of a 5 year old Tinashe performing the very first song she ever wrote.

This album also served as her major label debut with her song 2 On which is herald as a club classic. The album also includes the bonus track "Watch Me Work" which charted back in 2016 cause people thought it was Rihanna's song Work. The album has been cited as an influential album and was included in several year end "best of 2014" publications.

YouTube Link

Spotify Link

9 Days Left To POPST★R

Her best traditional album to date for me! I say it like that because her best project imo is technically considered a "mixtape" but I digress. This album really set the stage for her career and I feel like still influences a lot of her present day work. It will always have a soft spot in my heart since it was the first Tinashe album I ever listened to, as All Hands On Deck was the first song I heard from her. I've been captivated ever since! Top 3 for me has to be Bet (which is also a top 3 Tinashe song), All Hands On Deck, and Bated Breath. But honorable mentions to Far Side of the Moon and Wildfire because I feel like those songs don't get the recognition they deserve, they're absolute bangers!!

imagine your debut album having songs like Bet, Cold Sweat, Bated Breath ect jonny she was so young too.... insanity

15 minutes ago, Nihilego said:

Her best traditional album to date for me! I say it like that because her best project imo is technically considered a "mixtape" but I digress. This album really set the stage for her career and I feel like still influences a lot of her present day work. It will always have a soft spot in my heart since it was the first Tinashe album I ever listened to, as All Hands On Deck was the first song I heard from her. I've been captivated ever since! Top 3 for me has to be Bet (which is also a top 3 Tinashe song), All Hands On Deck, and Bated Breath. But honorable mentions to Far Side of the Moon and Wildfire because I feel like those songs don't get the recognition they deserve, they're absolute bangers!!

Are you referring to Nightride? Cause if you are, isn't it generally accepted already that Nightride is Tinashe's official sophomore album? There are several publications that report Popstar as her 8th album and that wouldn't make sense if they didn't count Nightride.

Also Far Side of the Moon praising! Such an underrated song in an already stacked album. The transition from Indigo Child (My ATRL namesake btw.) to Far Side is an transendental experience! alexz

20 minutes ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Are you referring to Nightride? Cause if you are, isn't it generally accepted already that Nightride is Tinashe's official sophomore album? There are several publications that report Popstar as her 8th album and that wouldn't make sense if they didn't count Nightride.

Also Far Side of the Moon praising! Such an underrated song in an already stacked album. The transition from Indigo Child (My ATRL namesake btw.) to Far Side is an transendental experience! alexz

Yeah i was talking about Nightride, I guess since it's release cycle was so different from all her other albums I just never really considered it one. But if we do consider it an album then it's by far her best one. And it does make sense then if they're calling it her 8th album

unless they're counting Comfort & Joy as an album and not Nightride eli

1 hour ago, Nihilego said:

Yeah i was talking about Nightride, I guess since it's release cycle was so different from all her other albums I just never really considered it one. But if we do consider it an album then it's by far her best one. And it does make sense then if they're calling it her 8th album

unless they're counting Comfort & Joy as an album and not Nightride eli

Admittedly it was indeed released as a mixtape by RCA so that it wouldn't count towards Tinashe's album count and alao they didn't wanna spend money promoting it. But Tinashe has always considered it an album and since leaving RCA, she's been more open with it being an album as well.

doing old album rates mid new album era is so.... why don't you rate old album girlies do a separate thread

23 minutes ago, yassskween said:

doing old album rates mid new album era is so.... why don't you rate old album girlies do a separate thread

itʻs not a rate skull leave them alone. Itʻs fun for fans.

Aquarius (and the mixtapes) really set the scene and helped shape modern alternative r&b. What a debut album, still easily one of my favourite debuts ever! I mean going from Cold Sweat to 2 On to Far Side of the Moon to Feels Like Vegas to Bated Breath… the range was always there! clap3

36 minutes ago, yassskween said:

doing old album rates mid new album era is so.... why don't you rate old album girlies do a separate thread

This is not a rate. It's a look back on Tinashe's previous releases and reminisce who far she's reached. It also works like a little count down.

14 minutes ago, 50thStateofMind said:

itʻs not a rate skull leave them alone. Itʻs fun for fans.

Thanks sis. It's all fun and appreciation. It's all about Tinashe as well.

I remember my introduction to Tinashe was seeing a Vine of her performing Cold Sweat and immediately running to a friend like "who is she????". Cold Sweat, All Hands On Deck, Bet, Bated Breath, Feels Like Vegas, PRETEND!!! Those were on heavy rotation for me.

imagine having Far Side of the Moon, Wildfire, Indigo Child, Bet, All Hands On Deck and Thug Cry on the same album... the whole album is incredible but the second half blew my mind when I was 13

2 hours ago, Burqa said:

imagine having Far Side of the Moon, Wildfire, Indigo Child, Bet, All Hands On Deck and Thug Cry on the same album... the whole album is incredible but the second half blew my mind when I was 13

Omg I can only imagine hearing that album at 13! That was "B'Day" "Back to Basics" "Blackout" days for me 😭

i will admit i was VERY late to the tinashe party and didn't listen to Aquarius until early 2018, right before Joyride came out. i was about 15 years old at the time. but i remember listening to Aquarius and Nightride before Joyride came out and was so blown away by how good they were, you can only imagine my disappointment when i listened to Joyride for the first time noparty

1 hour ago, Nihilego said:

i will admit i was VERY late to the tinashe party and didn't listen to Aquarius until early 2018, right before Joyride came out. i was about 15 years old at the time. but i remember listening to Aquarius and Nightride before Joyride came out and was so blown away by how good they were, you can only imagine my disappointment when i listened to Joyride for the first time noparty

I feel like I'm the only joyride truther likeeee deep cuts (any tinashe album) are so good rip

I was re-listening to Songs for You earlier today, I feel like Popstar is going to sound the most similar to that record. Songs like Die a Little Bit sound like they could have easily be a part of this album's roll-out.

1 hour ago, Nihilego said:

i will admit i was VERY late to the tinashe party and didn't listen to Aquarius until early 2018, right before Joyride came out. i was about 15 years old at the time. but i remember listening to Aquarius and Nightride before Joyride came out and was so blown away by how good they were, you can only imagine my disappointment when i listened to Joyride for the first time noparty

I love how you got into Tinashe during the period of time where we Sweetees were in the trenches. The constant pushbacks, the generic songs, the forced collabs. We were going through IT!

5 minutes ago, hallucinating said:

I feel like I'm the only joyride truther likeeee deep cuts (any tinashe album) are so good rip

I think Joyride is a great starting point for people curious about Tinashe cause there's nowhere else to go but up. Kinda like "well if you liked that, wait till you get a taste of ___"

15 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

not to be dramatic but this album changed my life. i so vivildy remember listening to it out of nowhere, with no knowledge of Tinashe, just becuase i thought the album cover was a serve. I was 16 sitting in a grade 11 maths class streaming and when i tell you the first 3 tracks had me so gagged jonny

SAME i was on Rnbxclusive.se trying to find new music and randomly downloaded Aquarius (in fact i still have the original files on my iTunes) and the rest is history. I remember sharing it with my friends being like Tinashee is the new big thing, she's coming.

1 hour ago, hallucinating said:

I feel like I'm the only joyride truther likeeee deep cuts (any tinashe album) are so good rip

"Joyride" "He Don't Want It" "No Contest" are in constant rotation around here 🙏🏼

Edited by rockwitu08

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.