Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Tinashe - 'Popstar'

Featured Replies

1920px-Tinashe-BlackWater.jpg?utm_source

Tinashe - Black Water

Tinashe's third mixtape and overall project. To quote Tinashe herself, "Black water really represents kind of, a period of time. Where it's at night and you know when water is very still and it looks like glass and it's black and you can't see, and I think that's sort of a metaphor for saying, you know the storm is coming, take advantage of this time when everything is all calm and peaceful, and that obviously is another metaphor meaning many other things."

This maybe in reference to this project being released to tide over her fans who have been patiently waiting for her debut album. This was also referenced in her closing track "Ain't Ready..." Bout a year in on this album one, Nearly done, Hopefully when I hit 21 I'll be on" which also includes a reference to her debut single 2On. It was also released with its single "Vulnerable"

Youtube Link

SoundCloud Link

10 Days Left To POPST★R

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Views 117.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • my god what a ******* HORRIBLE album slop noise made for the most insufferable genre of gays, genuinely so surprised to see the acclaim, you'd expect this to be some sort of genre pushing masterpiece

  • She's just so inauthentic and always throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks, I can't get into it. Cheap throwaway pop music. 3/10.

  • PartyFavor
    PartyFavor

    ATRL ADMIN AND MODERATORS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ONLY GIVE TINASHE A HEADER AND LOGO FOR THIS WEEK. T*YLOR HAS EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER NEEDED FOR MULTIPLE LIFETIMES. WE DO NOT NEED ANYYYYY TAYLOR PRO

I am excited, but apparently the album is only 39 minutes..... at 16 tracks that's an average length of 2:26.... well its over jonny3

her obsession with TikTok length songs the past few eras has really hindered the albums, so many songs couldve gone further / have more breathing room sad

43 minutes ago, willmcclure9 said:

I am excited, but apparently the album is only 39 minutes..... at 16 tracks that's an average length of 2:26.... well its over jonny3

her obsession with TikTok length songs the past few eras has really hindered the albums, so many songs couldve gone further / have more breathing room sad

you know what... im ok with this.. i think it will serve

The quality of these songs is just ridiculously excellent longnashe song supremacy ill die on this hill jonny4

1 hour ago, theblackestday said:

333 was 16 tracks and 47 minutes… oh brainrotnashe

Welp... No Ghetto Boy or Know Better level serve in this album I guess.

6 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

1920px-Tinashe-BlackWater.jpg?utm_source

Tinashe - Black Water

Tinashe's third mixtape and overall project. To quote Tinashe herself, "Black water really represents kind of, a period of time. Where it's at night and you know when water is very still and it looks like glass and it's black and you can't see, and I think that's sort of a metaphor for saying, you know the storm is coming, take advantage of this time when everything is all calm and peaceful, and that obviously is another metaphor meaning many other things."

This maybe in reference to this project being released to tide over her fans who have been patiently waiting for her debut album. This was also referenced in her closing track "Ain't Ready..." Bout a year in on this album one, Nearly done, Hopefully when I hit 21 I'll be on" which also includes a reference to her debut single 2On. It was also released with its single "Vulnerable"

Youtube Link

SoundCloud Link

10 Days Left To POPST★R

probably my favorite of her mixtapes! Love the way this kinda served as an appetizer before the full course meal that was Aquarius. I also love the way she continues to sample/reference this mixtape throughout her career. Top 3 for me is Vulnerable, Midnight Sun, and Fugitive.

Edited by Nihilego

19 hours ago, Angelshark said:

Around 50

15 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

50k Iʻm hoping...

20 hours ago, Tinashebanks said:

Do we know how many pre-saves this has?

I think they're owned by RCA, she signed with them just after ICWD I suspect cause BW was for sure funded & marketed by them.

I think the samples/paying producers is the main issue, would cost quite a lot & then there's the danger of it potentially boxing her in as a legacy act.

I saw on twitter (I believe on of the Stan accounts posted) it had 65K presave. That was over a month ago. She should have a lot more since but less than 130K.

18 hours ago, redsing707 said:

It's my least favorite project of her... I need to give it a second chance to see if it'll grow on me.

Ecstasy is a 11/10.

Even over Comfort and Joy? eli

17 hours ago, Alex said:

her best mixtape. front to back flawless. reverie we love you! jonny2

also yeah in regards to why the mixtapes aren't out on streaming, I think I read on twitter (so take this with a grain of salt) that the main reason the mixtapes can't be commercially released is because it was stated in her RCA contract that the mixtapes could only be used for "promotional" purposes and releasing them for profit would be breaking that contract clause, which is why the only way she can get them out is probably by re-recording them.... so annoying.

I can see a loophole would be for Tinashe to release paperback versions of the Mixtapes and give them out as freebies for people buying the albums. Also it will be totally random so that people may be enticed to buy more of the same album just to complete all 4 mixtapes coffee

3 hours ago, Nihilego said:

probably my favorite of her mixtapes! Love the way this kinda served as an appetizer before the full course meal that was Aquarius. I also love the way she continues to sample/reference this mixtape throughout her career. Top 3 for me is Vulnerable, Midnight Sun, and Fugitive.

I totally forgot that she also sampled Vulnerable on Joyride!

Did she say anything interesting during her live stream?

8 minutes ago, Appletree said:

Did she say anything interesting during her live stream?

Mostly the Album being 39 mins and that there will be interludes.

I hope she means Indigo Child/Ain't Good for Ya type of interludes and not Binaural Test/Go Easy On Me interludes

1 hour ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Mostly the Album being 39 mins and that there will be interludes.

That's it deadbanana2

Any tour tea? More singles tea?

57 minutes ago, Appletree said:

That's it deadbanana2

Any tour tea? More singles tea?

she said her favorite song is track 4 which is "Empty Stadium" and that the last song on the album is a "classic Tinashe last song on the album" and that it's "one of the more personal songs on the album" so I'm guessing it's gonna be in the same vein as songs like Fires & Flames and Remember When, possibly a ballad.

1 hour ago, Appletree said:

That's it deadbanana2

Any tour tea? More singles tea?

She also said she's planning on doing album signings but not sure when that'll be announced

15 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

1920px-Tinashe-BlackWater.jpg?utm_source

Tinashe - Black Water

Tinashe's third mixtape and overall project. To quote Tinashe herself, "Black water really represents kind of, a period of time. Where it's at night and you know when water is very still and it looks like glass and it's black and you can't see, and I think that's sort of a metaphor for saying, you know the storm is coming, take advantage of this time when everything is all calm and peaceful, and that obviously is another metaphor meaning many other things."

This maybe in reference to this project being released to tide over her fans who have been patiently waiting for her debut album. This was also referenced in her closing track "Ain't Ready..." Bout a year in on this album one, Nearly done, Hopefully when I hit 21 I'll be on" which also includes a reference to her debut single 2On. It was also released with its single "Vulnerable"

Youtube Link

SoundCloud Link

10 Days Left To POPST★R

My favorite mixtape! So many 10/10!

45 minutes ago, rockwitu08 said:

She also said she's planning on doing album signings but not sure when that'll be announced

It might be too expansive, but she should book venues, large clubs or decent size ballrooms around the top cities (NYC,LA, London etched). Do a Dj set and a few songs from the album. Aka a big party, to get in you must purchase a vinyl or equivalent of vinyls (CDs+Cassette etch) at the door. Probably could get a lot more people and a lot more sales, also might be more expensive.

  • Author

Simonne left Timeline Music and founded her own independent management company, Tinashe followed her

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdUFwBeloVR/

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

Simonne left Timeline Music and founded her own independent management company, Tinashe followed her

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdUFwBeloVR/

Always following her momager iktr

1 hour ago, YoungDreamer said:

Simonne left Timeline Music and founded her own independent management company, Tinashe followed her

https://www.instagram.com/p/DdUFwBeloVR/

That was quick jesus. Less than a year ?

2 hours ago, hallucinating said:

That was quick jesus. Less than a year ?

Actually a little bit over a year. That was fast though. I don't know what does that mean for Tinashe. I hope it works out.

I'dRBA is coming for crash out and melatonin wigs, she should promote this one.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.