Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

How much can you bench press?

Polllll 49 members have voted

  1. 1. How much can you bench press?

    • Under 60 kg (135 lbs)
      18%
    • 60 - 84 kg (135 – 185 lbs)
      18%
    • 85 – 99 kg (185 – 225 lbs)
      28%
    • 100 – 130 kg (225 - 285 lbs)
      26%
    • +130 kg
      8%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 52
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Who knew atrl lifts this heavy. Making me want to quote from Janet's feedback, heavy like a first day.

I'm doing around 300lbs lately, which would be like 140kg or half a Nicki Minaj I guess

Like how much in a single rep or in three sets? I can do a big amount in a single rep but I usually do 130 lbs or so if I'm doing 3-4 sets of 12

edit: no surprise to see the dupe account being the first to react from his basement. sabrina

it's actually Chest Day today. i'm up to 70kg now (for a set of 12 reps). will be upping it soon.

Edited by Raphy

On 1/30/2026 at 8:16 AM, beyonceparkwood said:

Around 65kg currently, I'm skinny as hell I feel like it's my max.

it's max for now. once you bulk up you can continue increasing it.

Just now, Raphy said:

it's max for now. once you bulk up you can continue increasing it.

I don't know if I wanna do thatâ€Ļ Heroin chic is trending again, I've been told.

4 minutes ago, beyonceparkwood said:

I don't know if I wanna do thatâ€Ļ Heroin chic is trending again, I've been told.

i'm in the same boat as you. I'm also never hungry and too lazy to eat enough to get bulk. i'm 6'5 so it would be also impossible even if i gave it my all.

5 hours ago, Loca said:

I feel like many of you are lyingâ€Ļ

Tbh I don't. It takes like a solid three months of consistent training to lift heavier weights. Which is not a lot of time, and gays in general do go to the gym a lot.

6 hours ago, HardBambi said:

Who knew atrl lifts this heavy. Making me want to quote from Janet's feedback, heavy like a first day.

It's safe to assume mostly ATRLers who are into lifting opened this thread, so it's pretty self-selecting sample lol. Benching 225 is a common strength goal.

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

It's safe to assume mostly ATRLers who are into lifting opened this thread, so it's pretty self-selecting sample lol. Benching 225 is a common strength goal.

I don't know. I'm a PT and I bench 80kg, so yeah I was impressed

On 1/30/2026 at 5:12 AM, DevilsRollTheDice said:

I only do dumbbell press so don't know how much I'd do on a proper bench. Does anyone know how to estimate the conversion? I do 40 lbs dumbbells for a total of 80 lbs. But that's also 3 sets of 6-8 so could probably do more if I was just doing one rep giraffe

A barbell is 45lbs so you'd probably be able to do at least 135 (plate on each side) depending on your warmup and wrist strength.

Are we talking plated machines or standard barbell?

With machines I can do three plates incline press (270-290 just hit that PR, idk what the resistance weight is), and 225 for flat/decline press. I prefer those because I can load up more weight and avoid injury. If I do standard barbell though I can do two plates for both flat bench and incline, but I usually just do 185 max. I slightly dislocated my elbow as a kid and never went to the doctor for it so if I go too heavy on standard barbell press I will feel the pressure in my left elbow which makes it more difficult to balance, so I just go lighter if I ever do standard bench. Good for a final burnout.

3 hours ago, Tropez said:

Tbh I don't. It takes like a solid three months of consistent training to lift heavier weights. Which is not a lot of time, and gays in general do go to the gym a lot.

This. i feel like at least half the men at the gym at gay. Straights are too lazy, they don't care about how they look.

5 hours ago, Raphy said:

it's actually Chest Day today. i'm up to 70kg now (for a set of 12 reps). will be upping it soon.

12 reps a set holy fatigue

On 1/30/2026 at 1:12 PM, DevilsRollTheDice said:

I only do dumbbell press so don't know how much I'd do on a proper bench. Does anyone know how to estimate the conversion? I do 40 lbs dumbbells for a total of 80 lbs. But that's also 3 sets of 6-8 so could probably do more if I was just doing one rep giraffe

Add another 45 pounds to it to account for the bar and you should be at around 120 lb with a barbell. That's the general rule of thumb.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.