Everything posted by Vespertine
-
Do gay atrl members lie about their age?
I have no qualms about being 32. Nothing to hide. I think most members here seem honest about their age, no? It's not exactly a secret that many of us joined when Gaga/Rihanna/Katy/Taylor/Beyonce were at their peaks. That's why we all still call them the MPGs. Logically, many ATRL members would now be in their 30s or 40s. Did you post this thread just to link whatever that shady forum is?
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I'm so with you on this, the opening lines needed a rewrite but otherwise it's an immaculate song. "Till it was gone" —> "It's almost GOOOOONE" has that addictive magic that was missing for me on Showgirl. Glad to know She's still got it
- Drake samples "Choosin' Texas" in new song, "Solar Exclipse"
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
No offense, but this whole post just to say you moved two tracks from the Anthology to the main album…
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
Still a fantastic album. I wonder when she will release her next album? It's crazy how she hasn't released anything in 2025 or 2026
- Trump is now cutting off student loans: Did your major make it?
- Halo is Beyoncé's signature & most remembered song. Agree or not?
-
ATRL Original Op-Ed: Taylor doubles down on white supremacy on “Cleveland!,” why?
It's getting weird. She released a mediocre deluxe version of a bad album. That's it. Celebrate the bad reviews all you want, but let's not act like this is a 143 situation, where Katy re-platformed the rapist of her former supposed friend. Pissgirl: The Encore is wildly disappointing but not problematic. I don't know why there has to be fake, forced discourse about white supremacy and HIV, satire or not. It's corny and painfully unfunny.
-
Taylor best songwriting is on Lover. Agree?
Lover was her worst songwriting until Pissgirl. Also insane that you didn't include Death by a Thousand Cuts, the only song on Lover that actually demonstrates what a brilliant artist Taylor can be when she's locked in.
-
Taylor Swift
Thank you dear! I appreciate that. The righteous shall ALWAYS be redeemed in the end! They killed Vespertine first because he feared the worst.
-
Does this lyric from Fishtail sum up Lana's whole essence the best?
Lana is very emotionally intelligent, which isn't something many people can say. She also has a wide range of interests and cultural knowledge/references. That's different from book smarts or having a bunch of degrees. She strikes me as someone who might not have been a traditionally great student, which leaves people feeling like they aren't "smart," but you can't teach the type of artistic and creative intelligence she possesses.
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I hate to perpetuate the idea that some songwriters need to be miserable or experience heartbreak to make good music but… damn if this screenshot ain't the truth I don't understand how she just married this man can't find anything interesting to say about him other than "everyone hates me but you love me" "you have a *****" (in the least sexy song imaginable) and "you are from Cleveland!" (after we already got career low "you are from London!" for Joe ) while also working with some of the least interesting instrumentals and aimless melodies of her career. I guess these four songs are mostly better than TLOAS, but that's a pretty low bar. Pink Clouding is a little too busy, but I like the idea of it. Babylon is the only song I will have on repeat. That is a lovely song and reminds me that the Taylor Swift I knew and loved is still there… somewhere. Somewhere deep, deep down, unfortunately.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Have you ever been outside? There are often trees outside of buildings! Sometimes buildings have concrete walls.
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Praying this is a lead single for a new album and not a Showgirl reissue. I can't handle any more bad music
-
Pop girls you only listen to when shopping or driving
I will walk out of a store if a song by the Ur So Gay singer comes on.
-
Troye says he is happiest when he is standing next to a woman
I don't see how his statement communicates that at all, and I also don't even understand where this "girl's accessory" talk comes from outside of dated Y2K movies/shows or vapid social media posts. I have never experienced this issue with any adult women in real life. But maybe that's the difference between having real friends vs. a social circle of acquaintances.
-
"All The Things She Said" hits 1 billion streams on Spotify
Ilya you will always be famous and impactful!
-
Troye says he is happiest when he is standing next to a woman
100% Gay men with only gay male friends are generally some of the most vapid and obnoxious people (with the most shallow and annoying friend groups) I've ever met. The majority of my truest and deepest friendships are with women.
-
Surrogacy: Your thoughts on its legality, morality, and ethics?
I totally support adoption — one of my close family members was adopted at seven years old — but it's not nearly as cut and dry "just adopt!!" as a lot of people think. Adoptions of "older" children can come with huge obstacles and issues for both the child and the adoptive parents, and I don't think everyone is necessarily cut out for it. There are also lots of children who end up in the system but feel like they have been forcibly separated from their biological parents and/or siblings. There are also plenty of ethical concerns with infant adoptions. You can find stories from many women who feel like they were coerced into giving up their babies even though they didn't want to. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with surrogacy. For one thing, it's no one's business who anyone's surrogate was — just because someone had a surrogate doesn't mean they were paid. It could've been a close friend or family member. But even if they were paid, you can find many stories of women who were surrogates and loved the experience. From what I've read, women who work with the most reputable agencies are often already mothers, are genuinely excited to help someone else start a family, and also have often been screened for financial stability so that money isn't the sole motivating factor. You can go read lots of firsthand (positive) experiences on reddit. In situations like that, I don't know why anyone should be against women exercising their bodily autonomy — especially when everyone is supposedly so progressive about supporting sex work etc. Obviously there are much shadier surrogacy situations with women being taken advantage of, and that's totally wrong, but you can't write off surrogacy as a whole. It can be done ethically. You can make these same general arguments about many industries. There is "ethical" coffee farming, and there is also literal slave labor (or at best working for below poverty wages) around the world for coffee beans. Are we not "buying people's bodies" when we drink coffee that isn't 100% demonstrably ethically sourced? There are a million more examples like this, but surrogacy is an easy one to virtue signal about. Most people will never have direct experience with surrogacy, so they can declare their moral purity without actually having to give anything up — but none of them are about to stop drinking coffee or give up their smartphones powered by cobalt mined via child labor.
- Taylor Swift
- Are you not entertained? A "deluxe" by Taylor Swift is coming.
-
Lady Gaga welcomes first child, Rose, with fiancé
Mother
-
What is your personal line with ethical artificial intelligence usage?
You clearly do GAF if you keep responding, and if that's really how you read my posts, then you are a big baby. Lol People are free to keep using ChatGPT, and I'm free to keep thinking they're actively dumbing themselves down and eroding their social skills.
-
What is your personal line with ethical artificial intelligence usage?
This a discussion thread. Sorry if you can't handle people having different opinions than you. Maybe you've forgotten how to handle a difference of opinion since LLM chatbots pretty much always agree with the user? (and yes, this time I'm being purposely condescending)
-
What is your personal line with ethical artificial intelligence usage?
Your imaginary person should try making some friends and asking for a recipe, or going to a library/book store and checking out a cookbook. They could at least search one of the countless cooking blogs (which usually have reviews from real people!) or read a Reddit thread. I don't understand why people purposely don't want to think for themselves or interact with other humans. We can't encourage people to continue becoming more and more antisocial and to rely on LLMs until no one knows how to do anything on their own.