Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 2 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

wore a Gaga shirt today at work and got complimented. now I'm waiting for the cute gays from the shoe store to notice

Z0UhvJa.thumb.gif.4abc57ae322e45c6bb8225

  • Replies 43.2k
  • Views 1.5m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Aston Martin
    Aston Martin

    By popular request, I have been asked to summon all the Liddos to the Gaga base. Get ready to buy and stream sistren

  • Johnny Jacobs
    Johnny Jacobs

    I thought she announced part 2 You are going to hell

  • Universo
    Universo

i think VIY wouldve smashed if the studio version had been more like her colbert performance. that first minute is heavenly

still, VIY did great for what it was, a non single. at the end of the day, some alleged boatmates' singles are struggling to do 1M a day with their newest releases

I'm feeling fearless as I type this, but neither the Colbert performance or Requiem rendition of the VIY lived up to the studio version in my opinion.

Gorgeous production aside (those layered vocals when she sings at the end of "two lovers, regret, their time" could end wars), the song is deceptively optimistic and the production does a good job of selling the euphoria you're supposed to feel from the track. Stripping it back doesn't hit as hard.

Still, they're all good versions!

Also, GOE is fresh enough to be a hit even if it were released today, almost a year after Mayhem came out. I lowkey feel like it could've been bigger than Abracadabra, but that's a story for another day.

14 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Also, GOE is fresh enough to be a hit even if it were released today, almost a year after Mayhem came out. I lowkey feel like it could've been bigger than Abracadabra, but that's a story for another day.

It will repeak in 12 years after the 7th season of Wednesday

I get GOE is very throwback and the guitars are cool, the concept of the song is also something fans like (the biblical reference) but lyrically and melodically it's a bit plain to me. Just a lot of repeating, no real bridge, the lyrics are kinda questionable in the verses. It's a good song, just not a highlight for me if I'm being honest

They made the right choice having ABRA is the second single and if there was going to be an album drop single I would've liked it to be VIY (with HBDUWM in the summer)

I wonder how big her catalogue will get this Halloween. It keeps growing each year. Hopefully we will get some kind of promo too.

Abra, TDD, Monster, Bloody Mary, Bad Romance and even Zombieboy may get a huge boost. duca

28 minutes ago, Artur said:

I wonder how big her catalogue will get this Halloween. It keeps growing each year. Hopefully we will get some kind of promo too.

Abra, TDD, Monster, Bloody Mary, Bad Romance and even Zombieboy may get a huge boost. duca

And teeth aka her true halloween masterpiece jamming

She should do an art film like Madonna did for Confession II but for her neogothic halloween smashes

4 minutes ago, Europe said:

And teeth aka her true halloween masterpiece jamming

She should do an art film like Madonna did for Confession II but for her neogothic halloween smashes

I would love either that or some kind of special Gagaween performance with her classic + some covers (imagine a Thriller cover from her!!!). Something like those Miley special performances during Pride Month.

I'm glad RUNWAY flopped hard, I'm ******* tired of her not stopping collaborating with people.

I hope LG8 is a full solo album

Z0UhvJa.thumb.gif.4abc57ae322e45c6bb8225

2 minutes ago, Yelero said:

I'm glad RUNWAY flopped hard, I'm ******* tired of her not stopping collaborating with people.

I hope LG8 is a full solo album

Z0UhvJa.thumb.gif.4abc57ae322e45c6bb8225

And when the weeknd collab becomes a bigger smash than DWAS, then what?

1 hour ago, Artur said:

I wonder how big her catalogue will get this Halloween. It keeps growing each year. Hopefully we will get some kind of promo too.

Abra, TDD, Monster, Bloody Mary, Bad Romance and even Zombieboy may get a huge boost. duca

Waiting for the Bloody Mary +3M and the rest +1M updates this Halloween ghostface

35 minutes ago, BorisIsHere said:

Waiting for the Bloody Mary +3M and the rest +1M updates this Halloween ghostface

I feel like it can happen jonny2 The Dead Dancesus will reach 2M!

Someone needs to do a couple of tiktok edits of that Leviticus gay horror movie with Vanish Into You playing, it fits the vibe perfectly

5 hours ago, Edonis said:

GOE […] could've been bigger than Abracadabra, but that's a story for another day.

I will always love Disease however in hindsight she shouldn't have been the lead bc 1. Not commercial enough to smash 2. Experiencing it for the first as the album opener on release night would've easily been one of the best sonic experiences Id have ever experienced as a Gaga fan yet, which is saying a lot. Although much better to lead with artistic dignity than aiming for the charts with more throwaway drivel like Stupid Turd…

Anyway for the lead. There are 2 universes and what I'm deciding between is which would better introduce the universe of MAYHEM as well as Disease:

1

Garden of Eden, obviously. Sonically has all components for a smash (gorgeous chorus & melody, pristine pop vocals, dance but also has urban & rock appeal). This would fit perfectly between Just keep watching & sports car. It would've also made sense narrative wise as an introduction to the album. Agree that this would likely have as many (if not more) streams than Abra if it was released instead of Disease.

If I could direct the video, it would have Gaga out with her friends at a burlesque lounge where they encounter a familiar dancer (Gaga as MAYHEM) performing on the stage. Gaga follows her back stage, confronts her, and gets into a fight that needs to be broken up by the other dancers before Gaga's friends run back to get her. It's juxtaposed with a 2nd setting showing Gaga (as MAYHEM) & her dancers in a post-apocalyptic garden performing the choreography. A 3rd & final setting would be fisheye POV of Gaga & Gesaffelstein in a DJ booth spinning the song to a crowd in a dark club.

2

Shadow of a Man. Hear me out… from the jump this would've made an excellently subversive narrative choice for the lead single bc of the indirect Toad Ratlips shade. The base/media could've taken that & RAN with it but we stan a LADY so I'm sure she would never have. Still, she did say it was the song that most reflected where she was presently [in March 2025] & it truly is an evolution of Gaga's sound into funk/rock. I also think it could've smashed à la BR in a sense that it's sonically unlike anything else but still instant & very memorable.

The MV is not coming to me as instantly as GOE so that's definitely a point for Disease so far. I'm thinking maybe Gaga (as MAYHEM) could be some tall, statue like figure that other Gaga is dancing in the shadow of? Kinda on the nose but it would prob just be more focused on the glam, choreo, and cinematography rather than a narrative. Still would've been really interesting to see how it would've performed bc it's track 11 with 100M streams… the potential was definitely there.

I'm leaning towards 2 tbh. 1 should've had a MV with the album drop bc that way it would've remained an iconique album track but with a MV to further solidify its legend. Reminder that the biggest WTF fumble of her career so far (& we all know how many she's had) is not giving that song a MV. I'm actually so red bc the entire streaming trajectory of that song is crippled (likely ~250k daily still) bc they didn't want to invest. Also 2nd biggest fumble is not pushing VIY as a full single in May 2025. Would've made an excellent addition to her singles discography as a timeless disco ballad & would've been a sleeper smash on streaming. The MV could've dropped night of the first tour date chick3 HBDUWM also could've been a fun & different choice too, she was literally DROWNING in potential smashes it's insane

I hope for LG.ATE they release more singles & MVs for the sake of ARTISTRY — we need an OPUS completely realized at its fullest potential to put an (!) after the compete mega serve of MAYHEM era

pikachoo

We have to remember though that Disease was released in late Oct 2024, so even if GOE was released and became a hit, its chart run would still be a hindered by Xmas freeze.

I feel like releasing Disease was a take it or leave it statement. At best maybe they thought it could've mimicked Bloody Mary with a spooky viral trend. But I don't think they had much faith in it, hence why they treated Abra as the real lead single with a higher video budget & Grammys premiere.

Disease was the thesis statement that introduced us to the world of MAYHEM and gave us a great dark video. Abra increased the hype for the first week sales just in time.

Plus they're the first 2 on the tracklist. I liked how we were able to listen to tracks 3-13 of all new content when the album was released.

Edited by Chaos Angel

5 hours ago, TedLasso said:

I get GOE is very throwback and the guitars are cool, the concept of the song is also something fans like (the biblical reference) but lyrically and melodically it's a bit plain to me. Just a lot of repeating, no real bridge, the lyrics are kinda questionable in the verses. It's a good song, just not a highlight for me if I'm being honest

It sounds like a demo from TFM sessions which I guess is why people like it but I really don't get the hype lmfao.

10 hours ago, Manchs said:

still, VIY did great for what it was, a non single. at the end of the day, some alleged boatmates' singles are struggling to do 1M a day with their newest releases

GOE, VIY, HBDUWM, and 911 will join Monster, Government Hooker, INLA, INLA Extended, Sour Candy and ARUTW in surpassing 200M+ (for album track). Meanwhile, Her "boatmates" have only one non-single track that has crossed 100M streams in her entire discography (Legendary Lovers) skull

This year, she's projecting to add 6 more songs to surpass 100M streams, with Alice and Replay hit the milestone in Q1 2026.

Next Gaga's songs to hit 100M:
1. SOAM: 99M
2. Summerboy: 91M
3. Zombieboy: 88M
4. RUNWAY: 55M

Edited by babyforlife

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.