Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'

Locks Mar 1, 2027

Featured Replies

46 minutes ago, Tom_X said:

BTW, the show was incredible. She really served us with so many classics. Her energy was sky-high, and she connected with the audience in such an effortless, genuine way. She got emotional so many times I honestly lost count.

It genuinely felt like being back in her touring days, back when I could only afford to watch her on YouTube lol. She hasn't lost it at all. She sang live for most of the set and even did a new mix of Fly in a lower key, which sounded amazing. I'm pretty sure we're getting Fly (Mine) with this rework, as she said it's one of her favorites.

I loved how she honored every era, moving from her pop-rock roots into the more dance-leaning tracks. And I absolutely loved that she did the With Love dance routine, even though she got a bit lost halfway through. She did shortened versions for Sparks and My Kind. Girl, give us One In A Million and AAY next!

Her vocals have improved so much, too. You can really tell how much work she's put into this comeback, and I'm incredibly proud of her. She was all smiles and tears the entire night.

The new songs were cute, but I still think Mature ranks above them for now. I'll need to hear the studio versions to give a fairer take, though.

She danced, laughed, rocked out, she was Hilary Duff in her purest form. I will say though the couch number wasn't my favorite. Unless you're front row, you won't see anything. The stage being so low wasn't helping. But I guess that changes from venue to venue. There's honestly so much more I could say, but I'm just grateful I got to experience this show, seeing her live for the first time and hearing some of the most pivotal soundtracks of my life. And having her end with WDAMO was a really nice treat and the cherry on top. Never saw so much confetti in my life lmao.

Our girl is back!!!!

Loooove this review, getting me all excited for Saturday!

  • Replies 7.5k
  • Views 310.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The autopen thing is such a first world country problem lmao sorry but it's funny

  • Something don't sit right with me with people who solely care about dance pop Hilary. Like do y'all listen to any other types of music? This album is like a mature metamorphosis and I don't see how a

  • Yasin
    Yasin

    Weren't you the one making predictions last week and hoping she wouldn't chart? How did you feel when you saw her scoring her sixth top 5 album in a row with 83k? It looks like your autopen campaign d

1 hour ago, Tom_X said:

I get why Dignity is such a fan favorite, but I honestly feel her self-titled album is massively underrated. It helped so many teenagers who were closeted, bullied, or just trying to survive middle school and high school, or simply entering young adulthood.

Dignity is an incredible album, absolutely top tier, but the sentiment and emotional shelter that the self-titled record offered is something no other album of hers ever quite replicated. It was literally my safe house back then. Songs like Fly, Underneath This Smile, I Am, Shine, Someone's Watching Over Me, and Haters carried me through some really rough years in middle school.

Hilary got emotional introducing both Fly and SWOM last night, and knowing that she used to sing Shine to Luca when he was a toddler really says everything. You can tell she still has a deep emotional connection to that album, even if it often gets sidelined by other records in her discography (that and the fact that she probably has forgotten most songs on it lol).

I'll forever be grateful to that album for being my self-empowerment booster when I needed it most. It won't surprise anyone that I bawled my eyes out during Fly and SWOM last night. I've never cried that hard at a show, but it felt like I was honoring my 16-year-old self, and honestly, it was the most beautiful tribute I could've given those years. Now girl, add The Getaway and it's THE perfect setlist.

I see that, I just think self titled feels quite too long and a bit tiring for me. Hadn't been for that, I'd completely agree with you.

I really hope Luck delivers as a whole just like Dignity did.

1 hour ago, Yasin said:

I feel that most of the songs are about her and Mike. I don't see Roommates being about Matt.

I don't know if most of the songs are about Mike, but Roommates is definitely a mix bag of what happened between them and the insecurities she must feel or felt at some point about her marriage to Matt not ending up the same way her previous marriage did.

Edited by theedmontonkid

1 hour ago, Tom_X said:

I get why Dignity is such a fan favorite, but I honestly feel her self-titled album is massively underrated. It helped so many teenagers who were closeted, bullied, or just trying to survive middle school and high school, or simply entering young adulthood.

Dignity is an incredible album, absolutely top tier, but the sentiment and emotional shelter that the self-titled record offered is something no other album of hers ever quite replicated. It was literally my safe house back then. Songs like Fly, Underneath This Smile, I Am, Shine, Someone's Watching Over Me, and Haters carried me through some really rough years in middle school.

Hilary got emotional introducing both Fly and SWOM last night, and knowing that she used to sing Shine to Luca when he was a toddler really says everything. You can tell she still has a deep emotional connection to that album, even if it often gets sidelined by other records in her discography (that and the fact that she probably has forgotten most songs on it lol).

I'll forever be grateful to that album for being my self-empowerment booster when I needed it most. It won't surprise anyone that I bawled my eyes out during Fly and SWOM last night. I've never cried that hard at a show, but it felt like I was honoring my 16-year-old self, and honestly, it was the most beautiful tribute I could've given those years. Now girl, add The Getaway and it's THE perfect setlist.

I am so moved by this! Shine and Fly in particular were so uplifting to me back in middle school as a closeted gay struggling with the realization that I was different and how lonely that was. The "trust yourself and don't give up" bridge still resonates with me to this day and I feel I might break down in tears hearing it in person in less than 10 days...

I think it's gonna be healing on so many levels and honestly hard to articulate. My expressed interest in her as a kid and being in her fan club as a boy etc. was something that caused judgement and bullying from other kids and pushed me into the closet where I continued to secretly adore her. Now as a fully grown (out and proud) man I get to actually share a space with so many other people who lived similar experiences and love her just the same heart

29 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

I am so moved by this! Shine and Fly in particular were so uplifting to me back in middle school as a closeted gay struggling with the realization that I was different and how lonely that was. The "trust yourself and don't give up" bridge still resonates with me to this day and I feel I might break down in tears hearing it in person in less than 10 days...

I think it's gonna be healing on so many levels and honestly hard to articulate. My expressed interest in her as a kid and being in her fan club as a boy etc. was something that caused judgement and bullying from other kids and pushed me into the closet where I continued to secretly adore her. Now as a fully grown (out and proud) man I get to actually share a space with so many other people who lived similar experiences and love her just the same heart

The feels heart2

Something to take into account before the show regarding merch - they simply were understocked. The black tee with the tour dates sold out a few minutes after the show, same with the hoodie. The shirt was by far the most requested item, and a lot of us were left empty handed, which I'm so bummed about. It was the ONE thing I was hoping to get. So just make sure you either buy them before the show or move towards the merch stand as soon as Hilary finishes the encore and is exiting the stage, as people will swarm toward the merch booth.

They are already selling them on eBay for over 100 GBP. rip

3 hours ago, Yasin said:

I feel that most of the songs are about her and Mike. I don't see Roommates being about Matt.

She said that it's about Matt

"When it applies to this song, it really is about being in a long-term relationship and life getting in the way. You get stuck in habits, on the hamster wheel. Whether you have kids or you don't, you still have work, a dog, life, stress, bills. You fall into these patterns, and you forget how to be together. You forget to really see each other, you forget the passion, and you start to feel like roommates.

For me, I was always scared of that, because I'm obsessed with my husband. He's such a gift to me. But this song is definitely a snapshot of a time in our relationship when we had a ******* **** ton of kids. That alone throws you for a loop hormonally, and you don't recognize your body anymore. You're like, "Okay, I'm on kid number three." Our evenings were feeding everyone, doing homework, running to after-school activities, both of us trying to make our careers work. Then you get into bed at the end of the day and just stare at the wall."

V Magazine
No image preview

Hilary Duff on "Roommates" and the Longevity of Love - V...

As she returns to music with renewed honesty, Duff examines what happens to desire when life gets in the way

Like @theedmontonkid said, she probably pulled from her relationship with Mike as well but she admitted in this interview the song is in part about her and Matt's marriage.

Edited by MikeyDuff1D

I thought it was rather obvious Roommates is about her husband... lol. She's not going to write a song about the early stage of her relationship with her ex husband rip

surprised to see such underwhelming reception for Weather for Tennis cause that's an instant hit right there actually...

1 hour ago, despy said:

surprised to see such underwhelming reception for Weather for Tennis cause that's an instant hit right there actually...

Oh, let's be honest all the new songs are amazing, so of course everyone will have a favourite one, mines is Future Tripping, but I love the other two songs too!

Edited by theedmontonkid

5 hours ago, despy said:

surprised to see such underwhelming reception for Weather for Tennis cause that's an instant hit right there actually...

Weather For Tennis is my favourite from the new tracks she performed! When the list of songs registered came out, the title immediately caught my attention so I'm happy with how it turned out. I've had it stuck in my head all day and I'm hoping it's the next single. Future Tripping and We Don't Talk are great too of course, I seriously cannot wait for the album! When are they releasing the tracklist anyway even though we practically know all the tracks by now?

I also wanted to say that Mature hits soooo much harder live (her energy and the live band had a lot to do with it). I wanted to cry watching her perform it because she's so much more comfortable on stage and confident in herself now. I love how she sang the "She looks like all of your girls but blonder, a little like me just younger~" line, ugh I love her so much.

9 hours ago, despy said:

surprised to see such underwhelming reception for Weather for Tennis cause that's an instant hit right there actually...

underwhelming reception where?

I've seen only good comments of the 3 new songs

6 hours ago, theedmontonkid said:

Oh, let's be honest all the new songs are amazing, so of course everyone will have a favourite one, mines is Future Tripping, but I love the other two songs too!

And this too. People got more interest in Future Tripping for being more upbeat, but that doesnt mean underwhelming for Weather for Tennis, which actually was my favorite.

"And if it's cause you're jealous, God knows I would sell it all to break you off the bigger half" weepscries

that line is devastating

Edited by shinyshimmery

26 minutes ago, shinyshimmery said:

"And if it's cause you're jealous, God knows I would sell it all to break you off the bigger half" weepscries

that line is devastating

It is, but it might make the whole situation a lot worse as Haylie never seemed jealous of Hil and she must be furious after seeing the headlines today, but I hope they can have a cup of coffee and work things out cause I feel like this is deeper than Haylie being republican or some **** like that.

The fact that I did not even clock the rerecorded version of Wake Up on her latest reel, and just assumed it was the original. That means they did a perfect job

Also her sweet acappella vocals alexz

6 minutes ago, SafeAndSound said:

The fact that I did not even clock the rerecorded version of Wake Up on her latest reel, and just assumed it was the original. That means they did a perfect job

Also her sweet acappella vocals alexz

1 hour ago, 50thStateofMind said:

I know I keep saying this, but I'm so proud of her!

Honestly, people loves to bring her down, but she sounds like an angel angelo

Weather for tennis was my favorite from the new song she performed

based on the new songs she performed this album seems like classic Hilary she was clearly listening to her own discography when she recorded this album

cause the new songs fit very well with her classic hits

9 minutes ago, broolprop3 said:

Weather for tennis was my favorite from the new song she performed

based on the new songs she performed this album seems like classic Hilary she was clearly listening to her own discography when she recorded this album

cause the new songs fit very well with her classic hits

This is how you both reheat your nachos and evolve

11 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

This is how you both reheat your nachos and evolve

I give credit to Matt he listens to Hilary fans and tells her what we want from her

He's aware he's married to an icon

12 minutes ago, broolprop3 said:

I give credit to Matt he listens to Hilary fans and tells her what we want from her

He's aware he's married to an icon

Also this definitely went viral. People are here for her and eating everything up. This is actually a great comeback all things considered. She needs to appear at more events and be more visible but her online presence is chef's kiss. Friends have been hitting me up about this and all my co workers were bringing her up today.

1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Also this definitely went viral. People are here for her and eating everything up. This is actually a great comeback all things considered. She needs to appear at more events and be more visible but her online presence is chef's kiss. Friends have been hitting me up about this and all my co workers were bringing her up today.

Even my Dad called me and said Hilary was coming to Toronto this weekend, bless him

The new songs she performed are great. I think We Don't Talk is my favourite. Loving the lyrics from everything we've heard so far...it'll definitely be her most personal album.

4 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:

Her raw vocal sounds good! Why does she insist on burying herself in the pre-records?

Prime left a comment on one of her posts. Maybe it's the docuseries home?

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.