Everything posted by theedmontonkid
-
Hilary Duff - "CATastrophe"
This And then anyone criticising Hilary after just hearing a little snippet of a song that is supposed to be part of a children's christmas movie is crazy... I mean, I personally wasn't expecting Hil to sing "I'm touching myself looking at The Cat In The Hat" on this particular song cause then again, this is a christmas song for a children's movie! Plus, this is a huge opportunity for her and I'm sure both the song and the music video will be great...
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I know! I'm so excited and extremely proud of her cause not many musicians make a comeback 18 years after their last tour and achieve that level of success, you know? Hil deserves recognition as well as Matthew and all of her team! Actually, even Atlantic for believing in her... FINALLY! The music video looks promising judging by the snippet, but guys remember that the song is for a children's christmas movie and we haven't heard the whole thing yet, so let's not get too ahead of ourselves, please. Hopefully we'll get lots of scenes of her and not too much Cat In The Hat, cause she looks amazing! Well, the song is for a children's movie you know? Adam obviously knows what good music sounds like! Sure, but Hil and Matt have children together and they're not the kind of parents that leave their kids at home with a nanny while they're both touring...
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Wait a minute... That actually makes a ton of sense and it will be a great opportunity for her to get more people to listen to her music... Only issue is that Matthew will be touring with his band next spring and we still don't know how long they'll be touring for, but Mighty Hoopla only lasts 2 days, so I really hope you're right!🤞🏼 Hey, I'll see her there (again) too, so maybe we should meet up... 🫶🏻 Well, I don't know what Taylor or Sabrina did cause I'm not into their music but yeah, it'll be like the Most Wanted/Still Most Wanted situation! I agree with you. I don't want her to spread herself too thin and just see history repeat itself! Plus, Hil deserves some rest and she can make at least one movie in the meantime... I would love for her to make a romantic comedy for Netflix and/or mini-series for a streaming service not called D+ or Hulu!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I just got Amateur Psychologist VIP tickets to the Paris show for me and my friends! It was a bit more expensive than I thought, but this would be their first time seeing Hil live and on top of that, we'll be going on a girls trip to one our favourite places in the world, so I can't really complain... I do feel bad for the fans that won't be able to meet her or at least have the soundcheck experience like many of us did, but all of this has to be very exhausting for her at the end of the day and some people really has no boundaries and do whatever they want, (like making her carry a baby or the constant touching/hugging) so I completely understand why she not longer wants to do any of those, even though it sucks for the fans!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Good luck to you too, cause I really want to take my friends to see her in Paris or Amsterdam, but just in case I also got tickets to see her in Anaheim, cause a bloodbath is about to happen specifically for those two dates! 🤭 Then go for it, girl... Ok, no forget what I said! 🫶🏻 Oh my God, this is so sweet and yes, Hil looks so happy on stage and the album is a masterpiece! She honestly deserves all the good things that are happening to her right now and more (including a Grammy)
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
You're not alone, I feel exactly the same way... I was rewatching it the other day and I felt so bad for her, I mean he just loves talking about himself and then that question about if she thought of Kelsey as an older version of Lizzie and he also kept talking about her acting career instead of the new album and Mature! That's probably the only bad decision that her team made (so far) this era... I know that many people dislikes Alex Cooper, but I thought she did a great job and was very respectful about certain things that could make Hil feel uncomfortable, in my opinion!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
This is the main reason why I'm so excited that Hil is doing Jingle Ball and the fact that it will be featured on Disney+/Hulu definitely makes it even more exciting!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
@Plasticdoll
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Well, there you go! That's really good news... I would love to see her in L.A, but I've spent way too much money on her already and I'm still seeing her again in Edmonton and Paris or Amsterdam next year, but if she announces a new Christmas song, then I'll have to go, cause she's not performing it after Jingle Ball! Oh my God, you're always making me laugh so hard, girl... 😉 Well, that's not Shinoda... He's Brian Phillips, but he does look like Mike Shinoda, so I'll give you that.
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I completely agree with you on this, except that at this point I've accepted the fact that maybe Hil will never want to do SNL, as much as that would be great I feel like she still resents that Amy (a grown up woman) made fun of her on one of the biggest TV shows EVER and I absolutely understand her, but yes we need more performances like that one for sure! I remember when the paps took pics of her leaving and I got so excited, but it never happened... Maybe next time around?
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I don't think that was her intention, maybe her team thought of it like that, but do you or anyone else on here has ever thought of it like that?
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Why not BOTH? I mean worst case scenario is it gets a limited theatrical realease and then D+ becomes its home! Yeah, this is what I want, cause I know that people like me will want to see it on the big screen... The last movie of hers that I saw in a theatre was a screening of Bloodworth like 5 years after it came out, so I do want to have that experience again! Exactly! So, what's the point of attending when she was NOT taken into consideration and it's not like the album or the tour was bad... What Hil has done is unheard of, most of the biggest pop stars couldn't accomplish what she accomplished after 18 years away from a stage, so at least a nomination would have been nice! Love it! 🤞🏻 Hi, welcome and I'm so glad you enjoyed the show cause it's amazing! Mature was the right choice 100%, I mean I listen to it so much and it never gets old... In my opinion, that song will be part of her setlist for future tours!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Yeah, I think the priority here is performing as many songs from Luck as she can, but I would really LOVE if HD got to do What Christmas Should Be cause it's such a good song, but again the priority has to be Luck and Catastrophe... Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 I'm so pumped to see her doing Jingle Ball again and also all of those are very important cities, so it's very exciting! This Guys, I can't believe this is what our lives are now after all these years of her getting the "itch" it's all just so nice for her, but for us, as well!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Of course non of us have been able to see the full performance at the Grammy's Museum, but from the few vids that have been posted... Wow, I mean she sounds SO GOOD and I'm loving all the strings and violins, so I'm manifesting that we will all be able to see it, soon! Also, I love that Hil mentioned the deluxe again and spoke (briefly) about the new album and now with Jingle Ball confirmed, she's not the only that would be busy... We'll be too with the Lucky Me movie, Catastrophe, Jingle Ball, the Delucks, the new dates and the new album, so it's all very exciting! I would love to attend Jingle Ball, but I'm sure tickets will fly and I'm also not a millionaire and I've sure been spending like one on her and now Matt confirmed that Winnetka will be touring next spring, so Mr and Mrs Bair basically we'll continue to own my wallet for the foreseeable future... 🤭 Idk, we'll see, but it is great that she's doing Jingle Ball again and yes @Tom_X What Christmas Should Be had to be included in the setlist!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I don't know if they will upload it to her YouTube channel but I'm pretty sure we'll be able see it anyways, specially if she gets nominated! Oh my gosh, yes! I was watching all of Matt's livestreams from the pandemic a few days ago on my phone and I was dying thinking how both of them completely forgot about it or maybe they even did it on purpose cause Matt only made one livestream after that one... 🤭 I feel like, because of some of the topics on it she tends to neglect Dignity and also her team at the time (Andre and HR) maybe thought that the performance of that record was disappointing compared to her other ones and just made her feel bad about it and that's why she never talks about it or even remembers the name of the masterpiece that is Dignity. Oh God! That was so BRILLIANT, you and @SafeAndSound are always keeping us entertained... 😂
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
She sounds amazing and this video made me even more excited to see the whole thing. Also, I'm guessing the questions they made were really serious and focused on her music, so I truly can't wait! I'm with you on this, so let's all manifest it, please cause HD really poured her heart and soul into this album... She's been saying that there will be one, but we don't know for certain cause everything seems to be changing very fast, so maybe Hil will go for a whole new album instead, but again we really don't know anything! Ok, so that was really funny, but also I see no lies AT ALL!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Yeah, I was just thinking about that and I'm so proud of her for doing this, I really am! My friends really wanted to go to either Paris or Amsterdam over the summer but I was too busy with work, so I promised them that I would pay for their flights next year, if they came to see her with me again, but worst case scenario is we don't get tickets because I know many people will try to see her there and we can still take a nice trip to southern California and see her in Anaheim, so I'm happy that she added more dates in America... Edit: Well, that's great news @Duffaholic They focusing on Luck instead of her older stuff means they're really pushing for a nomination at least, right?
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
The people clearly love that song, so hopefully someone will tell her about it and she'll finally decide to perform it live... Yeah, I'm sure she'll make a new album and hopefully start to take some distance from Lizzie (don't get me wrong, I love that girl!) cause this is not longer a comeback tour, so can perform other songs old and new, just not I Can't Wait or The Math anymore! I think we need to be respectful of her and her music, but the reality is that at the L.A show people weren't really supportive of La Roux, they just kept ignoring her and something similar happened in NYC too, but I personally will attend all the shows with an open mind and if her songs are good, then of course I'll clap for her. Also, my music taste is very different to other people my age, cause I love HD a lot, but apart from her music I'm into things like The Killers, indie bands or artists that are not well-known, so I'm kind of a weirdo... 🤭 Maybe it's just a lot of work for her and she must be exhausted at the end of each day... but yes, people should not take little kids to any kind of concerts. Oh my goodness he's so sweet and you're really lucky that he's so supportive of you! I think it's a little weird that she's not doing any shows in Rio, same thing with Rome, but yes most of all have been lucky enough to see her several times and hopefully she'll decide to book a couple shows in Asia for all the fans there, cause everyone deserves to experience this tour... I bet trying to get tickets for the shows in Brazil will be very hard, but there's 3 dates, so I'm wishing everyone good luck... or something. My friends and I want to take a girls trip to Paris or Amsterdam to go see her and also who doesn't love those two cities, so hopefully we'll be able to attend cause they couldn't come with me to L.A or NYC before!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Queen loves being back on a stage huh!? I'm really excited that she's playing in countries she never played before, like Germany and Denmark and of course I'm happy for all the fans from Europe that will get to see her again after flying from places like Belgium and Spain. Also, I'm excited that my girlfriends and I could potentially take a girls trip to Paris or Amsterdam to see her, cause they couldn't come with me to L.A or NYC, but I understand that this could be a bloodbath again (like SRBN) and many people will be trying to get tickets, so I'm glad she's also doing more cities in the US cause if we can't get tickets to see her in any of those cities I'm sure we'll be able to see her somewhere else! I really thought we would get some other announcement apart from the new dates, but I guess we just need to be patient cause there's plenty of time left to announce the Lucky Me movie and of course Catastrophe is coming very soon too and God knows what else... I'm really happy that she'll be touring with Tegan and Sara cause I love them and I also like Dashboard Confessional! Now, I understand that Rebecca Black is no longer a kid and has grown as an artist, and I think we should support her and attend the shows with an open mind and be respectful of her, but I still think it's a mistake because most of us are in our 30's or even 40's and her demographic is a lot younger, just like her... Anyways, I'm pumped about tonight's event at the Grammy's museum, too and I do think eventually it'll be released for the rest of us to see, otherwise why would they not allow phones inside? But regardless of that both Hil and Matt, as well as all the great people that helped them with Luck deserve recognition and what Hil has done is unheard of, I mean coming back to the music industry 10 years after her last record and 18 years after her last tour and achieving that kind of success (and with such an amazing album) is truly awesome, so ultimately I think HD deserves at least a Grammy nomination!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
Guys, I spent so much time replying to everything you said before that I ended up missing a bunch a things! So, sorry for the double post but this is all too exciting and I need to comment on it all! This is HUGE! Last time she did one of those was 2003, am I right? Also, I would LOVE a HD feat Charlie Puth collab! Me too, I know she said that the next album would have a similar sound to Luck (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE that album) but Catastrophe is a different project and I'm expecting it to be more upbeat! It's because of the fountain scene on the movie, but this is definitely music related... I absolutely agree with you. It could be so many different things, but yes I love how we're being fed this era and honestly we deserve it... I'm honestly hoping it's related to the tour movie! What? So they're basically just trying to get credit for HER work after the way they treated her? **** them! I'm pretty sure D+ will be home to the Lucky Me movie at some point, but I need it to have a limited theatrical realease, too at the very least, like @SafeAndSound said before! Ok, that's really weird, but at least she's still doing Bruxelles, I guess... And wait, you are not serious about Rebecca Black, are you? 😖
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I remember watching somewhere how they shot that video with her singing and dancing really fast and then they did a nice slow motion effect, and I thought that was actually such a cool thing and it just stuck with me forever and that's why I decided to go to a film school, just so I could learn fun tricks like that one. Now, it wasn't just Beat of my Heart, I have a huge amount of love for all of her movies and music videos (even Chasing The Sun) But, didn't HD later said that the director of that music video was very strict and she didn't really enjoyed working with him? Me too actually and I feel like she could go that route cause she hinted at something else coming before the deluxe, but who knows? Hil is such an authentic person and so relatable that she even said (while promoting LOS) that she was ready to work on new music already, cause she had been living with Luck for the last two years! 😂 Apparently they did, because Justin Horowitz commented on her post saying that he loves her bangs and Barb thanked him, so that means they shot that reel during the Vegas residency at Voltaire when Barb was the one doing her hair every night. BTW, she should do something different with her hair for the next tour leg (nothing too drastic), idk maybe rotating some different hairstyles, I think she looks amazing on her Wikipedia pic, for example! I think Hilary gets bored very easily, and I completely understand her, specially after singing the same songs every single night... I honestly just want her to be happy and comfortable with whatever it is she decides to do, so if we have to wait a little longer for a new album and we don't get a deluxe, that's fine with me! Girl, I'm sure it'll be GREAT... I just hope it's not too christmassy, so she can perform it during the next tour leg, but let's be honest, the movie is a Christmas movie, so who knows!?
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
You're so naive, it's almost cute... She doesn't care about the charts, but both HD and Matt want her music to do well, for people to actually enjoy it and she's signed to a big record label and they SURE care about charts! Also, @Stepfon and I never mentioned whether Hilary cared or not about her music charting, so would you please read before hitting the reply bottom next time?
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I don't know, guys it's definitely not Rome, but it could be just some fountain in the Amalfi Coast... I went to the Amalfi Coast with my parents when I was younger and when I saw that reel I remembered how many beautiful fountains they have there, so I don't think it has anything to do with Catastrophe at all!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
I blame Atlantic for it, because they should have supported her more, maybe at the beginning when Mature came out it was a little risky for them, but after she announced the new album her streaming on Spotify went up 400%, so they have no reason for not capitalising on that opportunity, in my opinion... I think she's announcing new dates, but also something else. Maybe it'll be the deluxe or just Catastrophe and the music video, but who knows? That was BRILLIANT, but you are right it's a great time to be a fan of HD and the fact that we're all in this together makes it even more special! Also nothing would make me happier than a new single, the album deserves it so much!
-
Hilary Duff - 'luck… or something'
That's great news actually, I thought she would take a longer break, but I guess our Queen is truly enjoying being on stage and like I said before doesn't want to lose momentum and I completely support her. I honestly am a pretty impatient girl, so this whole countdown thing driving me nuts, but I really hope she plays in places like Paris and Amsterdam cause the fans there sure deserve it, but also because my girlfriends and I could fly to any of those two cities next spring! Oh, and I'm definitely not sleeping tonight, I need to know what else is getting announced tomorrow morning... 🤭