Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Taylor Swift

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, punisher said:

yall were crying on here cause i said the songs were mid and the deluxe was unnecessary… before any online discourse started. and now yall are mad i stuck to my initial opinion? and how am i easily influenced when ive been openly enjoying the standard showgirl album which was just as panned as this?

sorry im not glad that she's a laughing stock once again, and on top of that we got no good music. lord if yall spent half this energy streaming the deluxe you allegedly love

I've also said the deluxe was unnecessary without parroting the OTHs exact words. Use your words wisely.

Last time she got this hate (ttpd release week), we ended up with Showgirl. Again, use your words wisely.

  • Replies 61.6k
  • Views 3.3m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Taylor fanboy
    Taylor fanboy

    I would throw you on the bed and slowly take off your boxers. Then I would stare at your long hard cock. I would slowly move my finger up the side of your dick. After that I would very slowly lick the

  • Holy Ground
    Holy Ground

    Why do people engage with artists they don't like . I couldn't imagine camping in a Bieber thread and keeping up with his every move... I just ignore him We must pray for the victims of Taylor Swift

Just now, on the line said:

I've also said the deluxe was unnecessary without parroting the OTHs exact words. Use your words wisely.

Last time she got this hate (ttpd release week), we ended up with Showgirl. Again, use your words wisely.

sjdjdjdjksks

azealia

2 minutes ago, punisher said:

sjdjdjdjksks

azealia

Exactly. You can go troll elsewhere now.

Just now, on the line said:

Exactly. You can go troll elsewhere now.

you don't even wanna go swiftie for swiftie with me like pleaseerip

you're grown asf over here crying cause i called the most famous woman in the world's album panned and MID. she's not gonna cry just like you

1 minute ago, punisher said:

you don't even wanna go swiftie for swiftie with me like pleaseerip

you're grown asf over here crying cause i called the most famous woman in the world's album panned and MID. she's not gonna cry just like you

I've also seen you use derogatory names for the fanbase and calling you out. You're immature, clearly. Anyway, onto things and people that matter. Best good luck.

2 hours ago, punisher said:

it's just annoying cause we thought we were out of the woods.mp3 after the traumatising showgirl release, and she just doubled down and reprised that entire week just to put out 4 mid songs. for some weird reason the hate feels so much louder this time.

The hate is louder this time because the feeling is mutual within the fandom itself. I only listened to them once so far. I don't care for revisiting them again. There's nothing new sonically and the lyrics are clunky. She really needs to work with cowriters again.

2 minutes ago, on the line said:

I've also seen you use derogatory names for the fanbase and calling you out. You're immature, clearly. Anyway, onto things and people that matter. Best good luck.

idgaf and idc type me the in summation poem off by heart rn

twerksum.gif

3 minutes ago, Buffy said:

The hate is louder this time because the feeling is mutual within the fandom itself. I only listened to them once so far. I don't care for revisiting them again. There's nothing new sonically and the lyrics are clunky. She really needs to work with cowriters again.

ohh girl apparently in here the feeling is not mutual. it's strict.

treacherous

but yeah i've really tried to like them but i just can't, ive given them like 7 listens, like there are better versions of every song here that i'd rather stream. my fave is probably patient zero cause at least it's different

The "hate" feels stronger because she stood by the material and wasn't humbled.

I am not going to be convinced that Patient Zero, Pink Clouding and Babylon are bad songs. I have listened to her music long enough to know what's it and what's not.

Some of you need to go outside rip all weekend on here trying to tell people they should be ashamed for liking something as if these songs aren't top 5 on AM skull like who are yall yelling at? Taylor ain't here.

I actually don't feel like the hate is louder, I still think the Lover singles run was her worst era in terms of musical reception & the 2016 hate train was her worst era in terms of public perception. Everything else is just a retread of that. She'll be fine, and if anything some of the lashings are actually kind of funny this time around since I know they're not going to amount to her career ending. She's still bigger than everyone else and will return with solid output the next time around

Edited by PoisonedIvy

22 minutes ago, punisher said:

yeah midnight rain the album track with almost a billion streams! and i literally said the bridge is not the part that people hate from question

what is cupcake swifties' obsession with picking and choosing what they want to read

zendaya

You can read the reactions to Midnight Rain upon release for yourself. And you can't use streams to prove your point while mentioning Question and closure. Besides, people don't mention Question's bridge specifically because the entire song is bad, no one talks about its verses or chorus specifically either. You can keep calling people cupcakes for not blindly agreeing with your nonsense though

zendaya

i don't think @punisher is a hater we're just having a discussion and i think it's more of a music taste disagreement. i truly think bjork's music is unpolished and ugly and love showgirl and clearly the feelings are reversed. my only issue is when people try to make it seem like music is not subjective. showgirl haters have been trying to convince people that enjoy it that it's an "objectively bad" album and it's just not? if half these songs had been released by any other pop girl y'all would not care. and it's not necessarily towards you either, MOST people that dislike the album always wanna interject as wannabe music critics and professionals on how to craft a song when we just simply say the album is not bad.

also if the life of a showgirl had an 85 on metacritic, a lot of people would've easily been swayed that way. why are we lying?

When the 17 million Patient Zero update ends our fighting!

zendaya

  • ATRL Moderator
  • Popular Post

Swiftiedom truly is in the pits bc wdym not a single critic behind those reviews has been doomed or bullied into deletinf/privating their accounts, meanwhile y'all are in here fighting with each other??? Get UP

eadca634-607d-4d81-8eb1-d2cdf3aa608d.gif

1 minute ago, Sasori. said:

i don't think @punisher is a hater we're just having a discussion and i think it's more of a music taste disagreement. i truly think bjork's music is unpolished and ugly and love showgirl and clearly the feelings are reversed. my only issue is when people try to make it seem like music is not subjective. showgirl haters have been trying to convince people that enjoy it that it's an "objectively bad" album and it's just not? if half these songs had been released by any other pop girl y'all would not care. and it's not necessarily towards you either, MOST people that dislike the album always wanna interject as wannabe music critics and professionals on how to craft a song when we just simply say the album is not bad.

He's not a hater but he clearly isn't having a discussion

8 minutes ago, By the Water said:

You can read the reactions to Midnight Rain upon release for yourself. And you can't use streams to prove your point while mentioning Question and closure. Besides, people don't mention Question's bridge specifically because the entire song is bad, no one talks about its verses or chorus specifically either. You can keep calling people cupcakes for not blindly agreeing with your nonsense though

zendaya

do you truly believe that it's nonsense that i think when people ask taylor to experiment they just want her to try new things…?

5 minutes ago, PumpkinTim said:

Swiftiedom truly is in the pits bc wdym not a single critic behind those reviews has been doomed or bullied into deletinf/privating their accounts, meanwhile y'all are in here fighting with each other??? Get UP

eadca634-607d-4d81-8eb1-d2cdf3aa608d.gif

girl they're attacking me for absolutely nothing. like please girls put this energy into the metacritic thread not my watered-down basic opinions that are truly not crazy!

yall will criticise patient zero's bridge then turn around and yell at me for not liking it pleasee

you guys will never shame me into not thinking wi$h li$t is pop perfection. like i'm sorry

kukai

7 minutes ago, PumpkinTim said:

Swiftiedom truly is in the pits bc wdym not a single critic behind those reviews has been doomed or bullied into deletinf/privating their accounts, meanwhile y'all are in here fighting with each other??? Get UP

eadca634-607d-4d81-8eb1-d2cdf3aa608d.gif

We just tired of the same old shtick......

9 minutes ago, Sasori. said:

i don't think @punisher is a hater we're just having a discussion and i think it's more of a music taste disagreement. i truly think bjork's music is unpolished and ugly and love showgirl and clearly the feelings are reversed. my only issue is when people try to make it seem like music is not subjective. showgirl haters have been trying to convince people that enjoy it that it's an "objectively bad" album and it's just not? if half these songs had been released by any other pop girl y'all would not care. and it's not necessarily towards you either, MOST people that dislike the album always wanna interject as wannabe music critics and professionals on how to craft a song when we just simply say the album is not bad.

yeah girl i get you! although i consider björks albums better artistically than showgirl, i certainly go back to showgirl more because i enjoy that basic stuff on my day-to-day. i like showgirl, and i certainly hate on it a lot less than most of the swifties here, i literally just skip 2 tracks. its just disappointing in comparison to her other albums, and i think it is generally weaker in basically every aspect than her previous works. i completely understand the hate for it in a sense even though i think its overkill now. the deluxe tracks suck a lot more though imo, and generally we're not worth regenerating the taylor hate party

19 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I actually don't feel like the hate is louder, I still think the Lover singles run was her worst era in terms of musical reception & the 2016 hate train was her worst era in terms of public perception. Everything else is just a retread of that. She'll be fine, and if anything some of the lashings are actually kind of funny this time around since I know they're not going to amount to her career ending. She's still bigger than everyone else and will return with solid output the next time around

100%. definitely. though this album cycle feels like a lot of hardcore swifties who are truly fans have turned on Taylor. but they will return to check TS13.

What I'll say regarding the discourse:

I'm really not afraid to say when I think Taylor has made something bad. She puts out songs I would consider bad on nearly every record. Showgirl certainly has some with Eldest Daughter leading the charge.

I just…don't think that about these new songs. And I'm not going to pretend that I do in order to engage with some bad-faith conversation about her writing, creativity, and music!

No one is immune from echo chambers. It's basically impossible to not have your opinion somewhat influenced by outside conversation. I'm not saying Swifties can't dislike the songs, but I think some, especially the chronically online ones like us, are at a greater risk of this death by discourse phenomenon.

The biggest legitimate criticism of this music is that they are formulaic songs that cover ground she has already covered. But, idk. I just don't really see that as a problem? I love the Taylor Swift formula lol. I'd rather have songs I actually enjoy listening to than songs made just to subvert expectations or push the envelope. Beyoncé got endless praisings for CC from the industry. Not even her fans are spinning that album!

These songs are bog standard Taylor Swift. But I stan her because I LIKE the standard Taylor Swift song. rip

It's also not as though she hasn't reinvented herself sonically successfully more than nearly any of the modern girls. But I don't want Taylor to put out Brat or Westend Girl just to keep forcing reinvention. If I wanted to listen to that type of music, I would go listen to those artists!

I just think this hysteria is not congruent with the actual criticism which is essentially that she's put out more of the same. She's one person. At a certain point, you're going to exhaust a lot of your potential output when you don't work with a team of 100 creatives to make an album. Taylor has released 12, and has already covered so much ground creatively.

The mania from fans is especially nonsensical after putting out 11 consecutive beloved albums within the fanbase. Seeing people agree that she's creatively bankrupt because they disliked literally one album is so rip

Monsters defend ARTPOP and Joanne! And you have Swifties joining hate trains for disliking an album containing multiple songs nearly everyone agrees are excellent.

But I also think some of you are being too sensitive. The good sis @punisher is a Swiftie and is also entitled to their opinion. I don't think their response is hysterical or out of proportion.

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.