Everything posted by PoisonedIvy
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
But that WAS her expressing herself, she had 31 tracks worth of things to say and any actual fan would love to get that much of a data dump from their artist during one of their most emotionally turbulent periods. Hell I would love a 31 track Gaga album where she lets it all out in the music! Just because you don't personally enjoy the output doesn't mean the intention behind it was commercial success. And to top it off, I don't think any of the despair filled ballads on TTPD were released to become sleeper streaming hits
- MPG last #1 in Germany. Any surprises?
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
I disagree so much with this take The "12" songs that would be chosen in this hypothetical would mean leaving off 19 others, and every song appeals to different people. So the 12 you'd see as a perfect album would be weak to another and missing the personal favorites that so many of us have come to love. Whereas releasing all 31, in the streaming-playlist age, allows people to build their own perfect version of the album and run with it. A higher quantity of tracks means more chances for people to find something they can take away; a lower quantity means if you don't click with what's offered, it is now just a bad album with no incentive to revisit (IE Showgirl. 12 tracks and everyone hates it, whereas if we'd gotten more from the jump maybe we could've at least walked away with enough good to outweigh the bad. Lover is even getting positive revisionism for this exact reason right now despite it being her worst pop album imo; people are saying there's more good tracks on it than Showgirl, and that's thanks to the quantity of songs released.)
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
It also reminds me of reputation. Not sonically, but in how polarizing it was upon release between fans vs casuals. The fans ride HARD for it, while everyone else doesn't see the vision. Maybe time will be kind to it the way it has been to reputation, or maybe it will remain a cult classic. To be determined!
-
The Tortured Poets Department, 2.5 years later. Thoughts?
Her most lore rich album, very rewarding as a fan of the artist. The kind of project anyone would feel grateful to have from their fav. I understand it's far too bloated for casual listeners but for me, I wouldn't remove a single song except for Robin. Everything else serves a greater purpose. Career highlights in Fortnight, Guilty as Sin?, loml, Chloe et al., The Prophecy, So Long London, The Black Dog, Fresh Out the Slammer; personal favs in People's Windows, How Did It End?, I Hate It Here, Down Bad, My Boy, So High School, imgonnagetyouback, I Can Fix Him, … god I love this album
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
Hey so idk if you know this but this is from 2018, and people can change their ideals a lot in 8 years! Criticism that may have phased her in the past can be irrelevant to her nowadays.
-
Taylor Swift
Also yeah, the songs on Encore aren't nearly as bad as the reviews would indicate. Everyone's just dogpiling now that the pendulum has swung from extreme adoration back to extreme disdain. It will swing itself back by TS13! Still mad we're not getting Debut TV though
-
Taylor Swift
I actually don't feel like the hate is louder, I still think the Lover singles run was her worst era in terms of musical reception & the 2016 hate train was her worst era in terms of public perception. Everything else is just a retread of that. She'll be fine, and if anything some of the lashings are actually kind of funny this time around since I know they're not going to amount to her career ending. She's still bigger than everyone else and will return with solid output the next time around
-
2026 VMAs viewing figures up 51% from last year, highest since 2015
YES Taylor, YES Madonna, YES ratings
-
Taylor Swift would've been more interesting if she disappeared
I'm sorry but y'all literally only want her to go away because of the level of success she has. If she was releasing this frequently but to no fanfare then you quite literally wouldn't care please spare us the theatrics. I want Taylor to release as much music as she wants because it's refreshing having an artist actually enjoy their job.
-
(10/10/2026)Hot 100 midweek predictions:Taylor #1,#3,#4,#5,#13. Stupid Song #9
I love seeing Taylor's detractors suffer but I also need her to get her head back in the game
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
imminent downfall finally here I guess, tickets will be cheaper next tour thank GOD
-
ATRL Original Op-Ed: Taylor doubles down on white supremacy on “Cleveland!,” why?
Not to mention Pink Clouding platforming pink nips as superior to brown nips.
-
The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore | Review thread (Metacritic: 39/100 | P4k: 4/10)
She wants every record, even the bad ones that Katy holds
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
Taylor, please, PLEASE keep alienating people into not liking you. I NEED to be front row for the next tour and the less competition I have the better
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
I don't like Cleveland as a song but I love what it stands for, because she's absolutely right and she should keep rubbing salt on the wound
-
Will ATRL suffer if Spotify hides the number of streams?
When she delivers albums as frequently as she does, there's something for everyone. Everyone has a Taylor album or sound they like (typically even the people that don't like /her/ overall at least gravitate towards Red or folklore) meaning even when the rest of her catalogue falls short of someone's expectation, the quantity of output ensures she always has many different pockets of listeners and subcultures within the fandom that orbit the eras they prefer TLDR; the more quantity, the more opportunities for quality. It's better to have 4 great albums, 5 good, and 3 mid than to have 2 great albums, 1 mid, and that be all.
-
Will ATRL suffer if Spotify hides the number of streams?
We have (and will continue to get) FAR more music than ANY of you. I guarantee you we'd have much more to discuss
-
Taylor Swift - 'The Life of a Showgirl: The Encore'
IM READY
-
Spotify tests new feature blocking free users from listening to new releases
… girl you sound like a lunatic, Taylor has never willingly restricted access to her album on streaming services for free tier users
-
Spotify tests new feature blocking free users from listening to new releases
Carly getting promo
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
Girl from the title this could be a love song Y'all invent things to be upset about
-
Clavicular Megathread | Charged w/ SA of a minor in Massachusetts
The way I never even wanted to be an OP of a thread like this but oki I'll update the title
-
Taylor Swift - "Patient Zero"
when Swifties dress in hospital gowns for the next tour
- Taylor Swift