The Ultimate Madonna Singles Showdown | WINNER!

supaspaz

• ATRL Moderator

JSmqke0.png

The Final Four suggests there may be a split mood in the electorate. On one side of the draw, the top overall seed #1 "Like a Prayer" — arguably the defining song of the boundary-pushing, controversy-laden peak of Madonna's early career — beat back her signature dance hit, #1 "Vogue." On the other side, voters were ready to party, elevating her late-era return to dance floor on #1 "Hung Up" over the moody experimentation of #1 "Frozen." In both cases, the final result wasn't particularly close. We'll just have to sort through your feelings in the last round.

(1) "Like a Prayer" def. (1) "Vogue" [52-44]

(1) "Hung Up" def. (1) "Frozen" [54-42]

We have arrived at last at the Championship, where only two contenders remain chasing the title of the Queen of Pop's greatest single. Before the vote begins later day, reacquaint yourselves with how we got here and honor your fallen faves. Check out the updated draw below:

lt6xLsA.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supaspaz

• Chris

• dabunique

• besaid

Ok so now that the last vote is about to begin I'm posting my top 10 since I failed to do it in the first round :weeps:

In no particular order because it was already hard enough to narrow my favorites down to 10 songs.

God Control

Dress You Up

Live to Tell

Get Together

Bad Girl

Don't Tell Me

Deeper and Deeper

Nothing Really Matters

Secret

Love Profusion

Edited by XtunaStan

• ATRL Moderator

JSmqke0.png

It's the showdown that many of you predicted in the Championship before a single vote was even cast. Despite efforts to rally around other beloved Madonna tracks, there was never a serious challenge to these ATRL staples, which trounced their competition in round after round as they steamrolled through the tournament. (Find a complete draw here.) Now it's time to decide which is the Queen of Pop's best single. Will it be #1 "Like a Prayer", which took Madonna to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 for the seventh time in 1989 while also costing her a Pepsi endorsement with its Catholic Church-baiting music video and is frequently cited by music critics as one of the greatest songs of all time? Or are you feeling #1 "Hung Up", the ABBA-sampling global smash that dominated dance floors in 2005, reigniting Madonna's career after the disastrous American Life era and even making leotards cool again? As always, in each of the match-ups below, please pick the single that's like a muse to you — the one whose call you're waiting for night and day. Happy voting!

CHAMPIONSHIP

(1) "Like a Prayer" vs. (1) "Hung Up"

• ATRL Moderator

@Julia Fox @HeavyMetalAura @James_Dean @AdrianNicki @tiagol88 @lachiqui_klk @RobDeWittBukater @Invisibility @Katamari @1989 @Espresso @JoAddams @The Next Day @naval23 @Mariya Takeuchi @style17 @_Fey @ReH2o @Ayanaa @Venice B @Gottasadae @PopKills @ArtForFreedom @Schami66 @GreatestLoveofAll @John Slayne @Psycho @KillingYourCareer @Ace Reject @Saddy @Achilles. @Quicksand @Kirby Kirbs @Planet Mars @andresg770 @McNulty @Wicked @greento @Sunstone @mchl @Frappucino @LikeaRebel @Truth Teller @brenda-walsh @allforyou @Miichael @K$Ellie @Pluto2022 @Chris @Wildcat @Never Ending @Legend E @Monky_2405 @Shy Boy @Terylee @Janet @T.O.A.D.S. @Reverie @SimSim @Gabers05 @Subomie @Ewan Chaos @Oktober Knight @Tusk @305 @Rican @Soda Pop Queen @unison stan @slw84 @State of Grace. @Ophelia @Taemira @Madonno @Patrick @Nippy'sReceipts @Angels @Tropical @Kiss It Better @Ger-55 @Allday @dreamsicle @spree @dirrtydiana @Slap @collin @Jooj @EnigmaticAndroid @Sanctuary @Ghibli @Alessandra @besaid @glamrock<3 @Lament @Chasing Comet @prézli @Lover @The7thStranger @cityfolk @Girlicious @reymiu @madonnas @Dark Miracles @Staryu @Ghost @dabunique @CREATIVEREBELLION @RockStarShit101 @Miss Show Business @lawmak @Elysium @CBC @Lithium. @Hook Up @Masochism @UnanimousBB16 @Sparkle @EJQL8 @Diamond Heart @Cheriah @KevinDG @Jaay @jacklovesyou1 @Zayka @Agenor @°ColdFire° @ATWK @@michael @bestfiction @roso @Future Lover @TipToe @GlamSlam @Melancholy @taipei @Repelex @God_Donna @Mooncrown @Ken Lee @XtunaStan @EX-NAVY

It's the last vote. This one is for the crown!

Not me missing the last round. I would’ve voted for both of the losers, but it wouldn’t have changed anything. :doc: 

Like A Prayer

• ATRL Moderator

Like a Prayer

• ATRL Moderator
20 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Not me missing the last round. I would’ve voted for both of the losers, but it wouldn’t have changed anything. :doc: 

That's how I've been feeling all tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.