Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Pop Art said:

To illustrate what I mean here, listen to these two back to back.

 

 

 

 

Like...Million Reasons is actually a great song when polished up, but the demo they put on the album needed more time cooking I fear. :deadbanana:

Them actually putting a demo on the album is a kii

 

The iPhone alarm near the end :bibliahh:

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I feel like she's definitely attending the Super Bowl, hope she wears a mayhem fit

Just now, Almodusa said:

Them actually putting a demo on the album is a kii

 

The iPhone alarm near the end :bibliahh:

give me a timestamp. i won't be listening to this 

2 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Isn't Donald attending too? Hopefully she gets into a physical altercation with him.

 

:agaycatabra:

"Hey Donald"

 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

Them actually putting a demo on the album is a kii

 

The iPhone alarm near the end :bibliahh:

The Million Reasons work tape: 

 

Million Reasons "Album Version" (AKA Demo 2):

 

(The second LoveGame demo kinda eats though. :katie2: Those verse vocals. :smitten:)

11 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Since we're all airing our grievances about Joanne, my biggest problem with it is it just sounds so unfinished and demo-ish. Her vocals especially on most songs just sound so rough and unpolished, almost like they just slapped the raw vocals on the tracks, which makes the listening experience uncomfortable. I feel like they had to have done it on purpose, because her voice doesn't sound that way when she performs these songs live. Idk. Maybe the rumor that the original LG5 was scrapped and Joanne put together last minute was true, that would explain why it sounds "unfinished".

 

It's still a good album, but by far my least favorite studio album by her. Dare I say it, I might even prefer Harlequin to it.

It's always been fishy to me that Joanne happened so suddenly after she got the ASIB role, I think she needed to lube us up so we were good and ready to accept Ally Maine 

I wish I could still find the video. It's from the joanne era where cynthia was being interviewed about the btwf and the interviewer asks her "Gaga said that you have country roots being from west virginia and always played Willie Nelson which inspired her new album" and Cynthia just looks confused but quickly laughs and said something like "I actually played a lot of motown and the beatles" :rofl:I like Joanne but the aesthetic itself wasn't authentic.

5 minutes ago, Peak Now said:

oh they knew what they were doing with this one :clap3:

wait

 

"in the morning buy me eggs"... someone's been reading the Abracadabra thread

 

tumblr_mrse6scJzL1qlvwnco1_500.gif.88c4f

They added the Abracadabra video under the MAYHEM album on her site now. The section looks so good with all three (amazing) videos and album trailer together. They're all so different but top-tier.

 

:giraffe:

22 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Since we're all airing our grievances about Joanne, my biggest problem with it is it just sounds so unfinished and demo-ish. Her vocals especially on most songs just sound so rough and unpolished, almost like they just slapped the raw vocals on the tracks, which makes the listening experience uncomfortable. I feel like they had to have done it on purpose, because her voice doesn't sound that way when she performs these songs live. Idk. Maybe the rumor that the original LG5 was scrapped and Joanne put together last minute was true, that would explain why it sounds "unfinished".

 

It's still a good album, but by far my least favorite studio album by her. Dare I say it, I might even prefer Harlequin to it.

And this might be the thing I like the most about Joanne. The album is at its worst when it gets away from its rawness and enters jingle / "vintage" pop (aka Christmas songs) territory...A-YO, Come To Mama, Hey Girl...they could all be jingles instead of full songs. In fact, the Come To Mama demo sounds great because it isn't overproduced and over retouched.

 

Also, Angel Down might be one of my less favourite songs from Gaga ever (I feel like it's cliche and political without really political, same problem with CTM) but the Work Tape did have emotion on it so you feel the words even if they are not the most powerful. I basically blame Bloodpop or even Gaga / her team for calling him to make the songs sound more like polished pop.

 

DH, PI, JW, Joanne and maybe even Million Reasons despite how little I listen to it due to how many times she performed it during a short amount of time are the standouts on the albums. It's the "poppiest" songs that bring em down, and by that I don't mean the electronic tracks, which I've mentioned I love, but the 60s-70s pop weird stuff at the end of the album (+A-YO)

 

 

 

 

Edited by Miracle

8 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Them actually putting a demo on the album is a kii

 

The iPhone alarm near the end :bibliahh:

2:28

  • Popular Post

:agaycatabra:Abracadabra, news! :agaycatabra:

 

 

 

DAY 1 Total - 11.3K

Day 2 Total - 22.7K (+11.4k)

Day 3 Total - 39.8K (+17.1K)

biggest update on Day 1: +690

biggest update on Day 2: +800

biggest update on Day 3: +1200

 

TODAY / DAY 4

 

8AM - 43.9K

9AM - 44.5K (+600)

10AM — 45.3K (+800)

11AM — 46.1K (+800)

12PM — 47K (+900)

1PM — 47.9K (+900)

2PM — 48.9K (+1,000)

3PM — 49.9K (+1,000)

4PM — 50.9K (+1,000)

5PM — 51.7K (+800)

6PM — 52.5K (+800)

10 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

I love Disease! Honestly my only gripes are;

 

1. I think the dungeon scene choreography isn't edited as well as it could be. It feels disconnected from the music. I can see what they were going for and the camerawork falls short.

2. The scene where Mayhem is getting blasted with the wind machine. It just feels a little 0-to-100 and leaves me feeling as if a part of the story was skipped.

 

I still love it though. It's a blast of a music video and I especially love the first scene on the car, and the final chorus

 

I agree with number 2, but the rest of the video is really well made in all aspects imo. Actually it's more cinematic than Abra, as in resembling a film more than a mv.

 

I'm just happy with her getting so creative and doing all sort of things, this era we're eating good with every song and mv :heart:

 

Wow. I hope she gets the #1 spot with another Mayhem song

 

:jonny2:

1 minute ago, Denim said:

:agaycatabra:Abracadabra, news! :agaycatabra:

 

 

 

DAY 1 Total - 11.3K

Day 2 Total - 22.7K (+11.4k)

Day 3 Total - 39.8K (+17.1K)

biggest update on Day 1: +690

biggest update on Day 2: +800

biggest update on Day 3: +1200

 

TODAY / DAY 4

 

8AM - 43.9K

9AM - 44.5K (+600)

10AM — 45.3K (+800)

11AM — 46.1K (+800)

12PM — 47K (+900)

1PM — 47.9K (+900)

2PM — 48.9K (+1,000)

3PM — 49.9K (+1,000)

4PM — 50.9K (+1,000)

5PM — 51.7K (+800)

6PM — 52.5K (+800)

it seems like we are a bit slower today, right? is it time to pack it up?

 

:monkey: smashing was good while it lasted everyone 

Btw I'm so so slayed by Abra's numbers... But at the same time getting a little bit anxious lol

 

Disease was "flopping" since the beginning and I didn't care, but now that Gaga is pulling solo numbers out of the blue, I just want it to be Friday so they don't go waste and we have a new hit with great chart peaks.

3 minutes ago, Denim said:

:agaycatabra:Abracadabra, news! :agaycatabra:

 

 

 

DAY 1 Total - 11.3K

Day 2 Total - 22.7K (+11.4k)

Day 3 Total - 39.8K (+17.1K)

biggest update on Day 1: +690

biggest update on Day 2: +800

biggest update on Day 3: +1200

 

TODAY / DAY 4

 

8AM - 43.9K

9AM - 44.5K (+600)

10AM — 45.3K (+800)

11AM — 46.1K (+800)

12PM — 47K (+900)

1PM — 47.9K (+900)

2PM — 48.9K (+1,000)

3PM — 49.9K (+1,000)

4PM — 50.9K (+1,000)

5PM — 51.7K (+800)

6PM — 52.5K (+800)

thanks for always updating 🩷

I don't want her attending the Super Bowl. All the psychics on TikTok are predicting the stadium is going to explode. And I believe them!

  • Popular Post

 

European Hot Hits placements are beginning. This cover looks amazing too on the app. 

As for Joanne, the album is good. Not great, but good.

 

However I don't revisit it at all. It's just not my kind of music. I had DIC on loop for some time and JW was cool as well, but other than that, not my cup of tea.

  • Popular Post

NMF Italy #1 + cover

NMF Greece #1 + cover

NMF Deutschland #1

NMF Switzerland #1

NMF Finland #2

NMF Sweden #2

NMF Norway #2

NMF CZ&SK #2

NMF BE #2

NMF Romania #2

NMF NL #2

NMF Denmark #3

NMF Spain #6

 

no NMF France update for now idk why

Edited by partynauseous

11 minutes ago, Ricardo1993 said:

I wish I could still find the video. It's from the joanne era where cynthia was being interviewed about the btwf and the interviewer asks her "Gaga said that you have country roots being from west virginia and always played Willie Nelson which inspired her new album" and Cynthia just looks confused but quickly laughs and said something like "I actually played a lot of motown and the beatles" :rofl:I like Joanne but the aesthetic itself wasn't authentic.

Yeah I remember that :bibliahh:

Just now, hellobitchezzz said:

I don't want her attending the Super Bowl. All the psychics on TikTok are predicting the stadium is going to explode. And I believe them!

Oh, that's scary, I hope not. Politics aside, it's a time of fun and relaxation for millions. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.