Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

20 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I always get downvoted for shading Cromatica but maybe y'all can finally see the difference between auto pilot pop Gaga and full creative influence pop Gaga. Mayhem is the natural progression of TFM- BTW - ARTPOP. You can see it in her face, how she dances, how hard the songs hit.

I agree, and something felt off with Chromatica, definitely.

 

Still, I think Joanne is pretty much Gaga as well, and Chromatica has its things. I'm even grateful we got them because Mayhem after ARTPOP, and 2 more eras in that route would've felt redundant. Mayhem coming right now feels actually better as a fan and for her career.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

3 minutes ago, Fizzy said:

The music video is at 2.3 million in 18 hours on Day 4. May beat Day 3 

Oh my goshhhh, at the very worst it'll go down single digit percentage points, this is wild  

2 minutes ago, Plasticdoll said:

I agree, as much as i love Chromatica... this era feels WAY more genuine and true to herself.

Chromatica, as much as I still adore this album, sounds extremely safe compared to Mayhem so far, and her passion seems to be back this time. I know she was probably not in a good head space when making Chroma so I try not to judge her too hard.

i love chromatica but the era is surrounded by tragedy, pandemic, cancellations… a beginning with a song that was leaked months before the release. 

 

but the era visuals (except for the iphone mess) is a MUST and the songs were fun

serious question how is Abra aiming for top 30 when THE debuted at 2 if it's beating it in streams?

I swear some restarted OGHs just have such a small brain capacity to comprehend the fact that Gaga is not back, she was always there. They truly ignore the fact that she had a hit every other year recently

DWAS 2024

Bloody Mary 2022

Rain On Me 2020

ASIB 2018

Million Reasons 2016

What else do these idiots want? Are they that braindead or what?

Is there a particular reason Enigma got such a significant boost? It is so much compared to everything else :psyduck:

Just now, sunbathinganimal said:

serious question how is Abra aiming for top 30 when THE debuted at 2 if it's beating it in streams?

THE was way more local. US streams made up nearly 50% of all streams lol

28 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I always get downvoted for shading Cromatica but maybe y'all can finally see the difference between auto pilot pop Gaga and full creative influence pop Gaga. Mayhem is the natural progression of TFM- BTW - ARTPOP. You can see it in her face, how she dances, how hard the songs hit.

I think it's nuanced. I think at the time Gaga had a lot of pressure to return to being a "big pop star" after A Star is Born revived her career (not that it was dead but you know what I mean).
 

I think auto pilot is a step too far, but it's the first time where I felt like Gaga was being lead by her collaborators instead of her leading her collaborators. I mean Sour Candy was pretty much a fully written completed song aside from one verse before Gaga was even involved, which feels really unlike her? 
 

I hope if Gaga ever does a memoir or something she goes into detail on that time in her life. Something seemed off and I think there was more at play than we know.

Edited by Spark

27 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

I always get downvoted for shading Cromatica but maybe y'all can finally see the difference between auto pilot pop Gaga and full creative influence pop Gaga. Mayhem is the natural progression of TFM- BTW - ARTPOP. You can see it in her face, how she dances, how hard the songs hit.

This x100

 

A few of us said it when the Disease MV released… she's got that fire in her eyes again 

 

but she like… truly does 

3 minutes ago, furied heart said:

i love chromatica but the era is surrounded by tragedy, pandemic, cancellations… a beginning with a song that was leaked months before the release. 

 

but the era visuals (except for the iphone mess) is a MUST and the songs were fun

Yeah i think it left a bad taste in our mouths. if the era ran smoothly i think a lot of us would adore it plus the tour being delayed by 2 years didn't help either. I remember being so excited we were getting a tour 1 months after album release.

  • Popular Post

Let's not forget how ROM, Replay, 911 and Babylon are still amazing songs to her discography.

Let's not forget Sine from Above, my fave song off Chiropratica 

oot, but is the chappell x gaga rumor for chappels next album real?

Edited by rickycabello123

seeing more locals posting about Abra than any Gar song..ever? even my pretentious friends are nnnnn :agaycatabra:

Edited by sunbathinganimal

6 minutes ago, sunbathinganimal said:

serious question how is Abra aiming for top 30 when THE debuted at 2 if it's beating it in streams?

THE did much better on Apple Music which is a 100% paid streaming service and its Spotify streams were also more local in comparison. It also sold 39k copies and I doubt Abra is coming close to that. Liddos buying power has collapsed. :skull:

A) This is so interesting I'm doing magic 100x a day while I stream yesss

B) He can top me


https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT2hyN2u6/

i really love her entire discography… but for me Joanne is my least  favorite, i think the songs didn't aged so well, the visuals are lame, the fashion and the reason behind the project 💀 no thanks

Edited by furied heart

  • Popular Post
3 minutes ago, furied heart said:

i really love her entire discography… but for me Joanne is my least  favorite, i think the songs didn't aged so well, the visuals are lame, the fashion and the reason behind the project 💀 no thanks

 

This video almost broke me as a fan. I think I've only ever watched it twice. Just so horrible. 

 

Only in Trump's America would this song be outstreaming Rain on Me

Random thought but Gaga could have an incredible biopic if put in the right hands. Not a standard retelling of her life beat by beat though, moreso as an exploration of a lot of the themes she's explored her entire career. Kinda similar to I'm Not There (the Bob Dylan one). There is also a ton of material to split it into multiple films, imagine:

 

Part 1:

Baby Gaga in NYC and the beginnings of her career, performing in bars, her early recordings, the abuse she unfortunately faced at that time. Ending with Just Dance becoming a hit. Very A Star Is Born quite frankly

 

Part 2:

Just Dance smashes, she becomes a huge star, explores her attempts to merge pop culture and art throughout the first four albums, ultimately cumulates in ARTPOP's failure and ends on a somber note.

 

Part 3:

Gaga rebuilds herself, finds love for music with Tony, has a comeback with the Superbowl and ASIB. But she is still depressed and struggles in the second act as she wins the Oscar and makes Chromatica. Finally it ends on her meeting Michael, the last scene is her releasing Abracadabra and the final texts details how it hits #1, wins 10 Grammys, and she is happier and more fulfilled than ever. 

 

Or they could do it in two parts and name the first half LADY and the second half GAGA. :eli:

 

Spoiler

I feel like one day she'll just get a shitty by-the-notes one. And frankly biopics are usually bad. But as a Liddo I have a high art vision showing the world what we know. 

 

Chromatica wishes it had a moment on it as good as Diamond Heart's bridge. :lakitu:

The abracadabra video was shot on december 14th 2024. She did an interview that day where it was confirmed she was in between multiple video shoots. I thought it might've just been that sexxy red song but that was shot four days AFTER the interview took place. I'm leaning to believe she also filmed another music video prior Abracadabra. Maybe Vanish Into You?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.