Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

Joanne is weird to look back on, because in the grand scheme of all things 2014-2020, it probably contributed the least to repairing any cracks they wanted to fix in a post-ARTPOP world. And you think it would have been important that they got that right. I respect that with the Super Bowl, and Million Reasons also having a little hit moment, that those things did contribute to a shift in her image, but nowhere near as much as things like the 2015 Oscars, JazzGa and ASIB did. It's easily her least impactful record today, both positively and negatively.

 

I still kinda choose to believe it was the result of finding something safe, soundscape wise, to release in the middle of a meticulous PR campaign that they weren't willing to botch after so much good had been done already. I know there's some contentious opinions on whether or not an "original LG5" exists, but I struggle to see how a RedOne produced song called Frankenstein/ed could have been considered to have been a product of the some project that is Joanne. I do think it's positively ironic though, to see something like Abracadabra doing so well today, especially off the back of a cataclysmic movie campaign like JFAD, which left a lot us wondering what the hell was going to happen next. It's almost a reverse psychology.

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I’m kinda hoping she does an Eternal Sunshine and updates the MAYHEM digital cover to one of the exclusive ones 

1 hour ago, Spark said:

I really don't get the Joanne hate but then Chromatica love. To me, Joanne feels a lot more 'Gaga' than Chromatica does.
 

I think some gays just like Chromatica more because they can twerk to it (no shade) but I'm happy we can all enjoy different things. #KindnessPunks

I agree, I don't understand it. I feel like part of it is it flopping and being such a 180 from her original sound.

 

Ive never been part of stan world until this forum but I've been a huge fan since 2008 and when I first heard chromatica all the way through, it was the first lady gaga album that bored me, I loved 5 songs and 911 is one of my favourites of all time but the rest was boring uninspired production and she barely sounded like she was there.

 

At least Joanne had some authentic gaga because she was trying to rekindle with family/ended a very long relationship so she put alot of emotion into it. I don't get how some can say she sounds like a parody, some songs are also duds there obviously but to say she didn't sound like herself on Joanne and saying she did on chromatica is crazy to me

  • Popular Post

#1 in UK on NMF + COVER

https://x.com/rainonfizzy/status/1887653407755837768?s=46 

Edited by Fizzy
Adding tweet

  • Popular Post

Unpopular opinion, but the standard cover is the best one, and perfectly fits with Disease, Abracadabra and Die With a Smile. :bird:

NMF UK #1 + cover

NMF Portgual #1 + cover

NMF France #2

 

Hot Hits UK #15 (idk where it was before)

2 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

NMF UK #1 + cover

NMF Portgual #1 + cover

NMF France #2

 

Hot Hits UK #15 (idk where it was before)

Around there ish.  I think next week she'll get the cover as The Weeknd moved from NMF to Hot Hits UK cover

3 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

NMF UK #1 + cover

NMF Portgual #1 + cover

NMF France #2

 

Hot Hits UK #15 (idk where it was before)

Nice! 

NMF Deutschland #2 -1

NMF Switzerland #2 -1

NMF Norway #3 -1

 

born again impact

in the majority of others gaga's still above

Edited by partynauseous

Anyone in Europe to see how she's doing with A list pop / todays hits over there?

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

NMF Deutschland #2 -1

NMF Norway #3 -1

 

born again impact

in the majority of others gaga's still above

The disrespect of giving a LISA song the priority over this organic smash :biblio: at least we'll get some extra streams from kpop stans spamming

1 minute ago, partynauseous said:

NMF Deutschland #2 -1

NMF Norway #3 -1

 

born again impact

in the majority of others gaga's still above

Do we think she'll be #1 on TTH? Tbh I would be more than happy with a #3 placement, especially if Born Again takes the #1 and DWAS goes to #2.

 

 

i love the fact we have a tiktok chart to talk about too:jonny:

Just now, Miracle said:

Do we think she'll be #1 on TTH? Tbh I would be more than happy with a #3 placement, especially if Born Again takes the #1 and DWAS goes to #2.

 

 

no way born again is getting #1 on tth 

Wish her hair was black for the superbowl charity thing! 

any ways, I dont like Hold My Hand at all BUT tbh it should become her go to charity performance song. I was kinda shocked she said none of her songs had hope or whatever during the LA Fire aid event cuz Hold My Hand is right there! imo she should have performed it there along with Shallow & ARUTW. It just lends itself to honoring dead people and stuff like that

32 minutes ago, Artur said:

 

ezgif-3-f7cf06d4cd.gif ezgif-3-f7cf06d4cd.gif ezgif-3-f7cf06d4cd.gif

dd, she made sure no one could (rightfully) bully her this time

 

9kNoVeL.gif

  • Popular Post

:agaycatabra:Abracadabra, news! :agaycatabra:

 

 

 

DAY 1 Total - 11.3K

Day 2 Total - 22.7K (+11.4k)

Day 3 Total - 39.8K (+17.1K)

biggest update on Day 1: +690

biggest update on Day 2: +800

biggest update on Day 3: +1200

 

TODAY / DAY 4

 

8AM - 43.9K

9AM - 44.5K (+600)

10AM — 45.3K (+800)

11AM — 46.1K (+800)

12PM — 47K (+900)

1PM — 47.9K (+900)

2PM — 48.9K (+1,000)

3PM — 49.9K (+1,000)

4PM — 50.9K (+1,000)

5PM — 51.7K (+800)

6PM — 52.5K (+800)
7PM — 53.3K (+800)

 

while todays update is slightly lower than yesterdays, we are quite stable, which is a great sign!

1 hour ago, Artur said:

Youtube

 

90. Abracadabra (audio) / +804,681

 

MAYHEM

 

The audio also doing amazing :deadbanana:

So 4m MV +  Audio combined? That's a lot :deadbanana:

13 minutes ago, partynauseous said:

NMF UK #1 + cover

NMF Portgual #1 + cover

NMF France #2

 

Hot Hits UK #15 (idk where it was before)

ok she was at #23 so +8

Ladies, what time do we expect the new signed copies to hit the store? I'll be waiting with my Amex.

  • Popular Post

The thing with Gaga is she played with "authenticity" from the jump. Basically made the point that the facade is as real as the "real" self—maybe realer. So I take her comments about Mayhem being authentic and not playing a character with a grain of salt.

 

This era it seems like she's taking all those characters and describing them as inner madness and the "real" Gaga is reckoning with them

 

 

Edited by selfieclownt
Grammar

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.