Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Which Mariah album deserves a sequel?

Poll 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Which album needs a part 2?

    • Mariah Carey
      1%
    • Emotions
      3%
    • Music Box
      3%
    • Daydream
      8%
    • Butterfly
      33%
    • Rainbow
      5%
    • Charmbracelet
      0%
      0
    • Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
      8%
    • Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
      1%
    • Caution
      28%
    • Here For It All
      3%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

She already started this trend with E=MC2 being the sequel to The Emancipation of Mimi and Merry Christmas II You but what other album needs a sequel?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • suburbannature
    suburbannature

    E=MC2 is kinda nothing like Emancipation sonically (with the latter album tracks being rooted in 70s soul and live instrumentation while the former is very 2008). I liked the concept she was going for

  • Nightingale
    Nightingale

    Caution. I feel like it's still current sounding. Still can't believe she gave us Here for It All after waiting so long

  • EnoughSaid
    EnoughSaid

    She needs a real sequel to Emancipation. Mature R&B/Soul with undeniable quality. Think Mine Again, Stay the Night, Circles, Joy Ride etc.. many songs that really carried the album despite not get

  • Popular Post

E=MC2 is kinda nothing like Emancipation sonically (with the latter album tracks being rooted in 70s soul and live instrumentation while the former is very 2008). I liked the concept she was going for, though.

I want a Caution 2.0 if she ever makes another album, but produced solely with Blood Orange and Timbaland. She shines over alt-r&b production.

10 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

She already started this trend with E=MC2 being the sequel to The Emancipation of Mimi and Merry Christmas II You but what other album needs a sequel?

What's the reason you omitted Glitter then?

rogue2

She needs a real sequel to Emancipation. Mature R&B/Soul with undeniable quality. Think Mine Again, Stay the Night, Circles, Joy Ride etc.. many songs that really carried the album despite not getting the single treatment.

But since that isn't an option clearly Butterfly is the best choice.

  • Author
20 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

What's the reason you omitted Glitter then?

rogue2

I haven't listen to Mariah albums in so long but I love memoirs back in the day and the remix version with jump smokers

Caution. I feel like it's still current sounding. Still can't believe she gave us Here for It All after waiting so long

Honesty none, I honesty think her discography is perfect when each release was & i don't think anything she's done needs a sequel. Something about her albums are timeless & it just won't be the same magic.

Oh, how a Butterfly 2.0 would be a dream come true... But realistically, a Caution 2.0 would be the best choice.

Emancipation. I don't consider E=MC2 to be a true sequel to that. Butterfly sequel would also be good, just would need to be more modernized.

In a way, Emancipation was a thematic sequel to Butterfly. Both were about being freed in some way.

Edited by ____Summer

I know it's still unreleased, but I'm gonna need another grunge album from her (with her vocals!!!)

And another one filled with that sweet 90s R&B sound/production in the same vein as Honey/Heartbreaker. She does it so well.

I don't see her as someone who would reheat her own nachos, though. Unless it's Christmas.

Edited by Egon Schiele

Butterfly for sure. She's never replicated the quality of that since other than TEOM which may have just been 1 tier lower

I know it's totally a cop-out answer but mannn a Butterfly 2.0 would eat so hard and it's not even my fav Merier ablum! I feel like it's the most quintessential Mariah album so it's her id as a musician and it'd share the most of her heart atp in her career s:wan

Caution would be my runner-up though, I f*cking love that album so goddamn much heart

Butterfly was already Daydream 2.0 in a way, though - just more mature.

I don't think any Mariah albums really need an official sequel. You kinda know what you're going to get from a Mariah album, but each one has its own twist/vibe. They all co-exist together nicely.

the remixes, disc 1. c'mon moo, outfag the hag that you share initials with gayriahcat2

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.